What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

New Formula of payments agreed to by Milan and Brescia Paolo Maldini Is a master negotiator right now. 

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, speaking live on Sky Italia (via MilanNews), Milan have managed to obtain a €10m discount as the deal will now cost €25m in cash. The buy-out is now made up by €10m cash and an additional €5m in bonuses.

However, in order to reach this agreement, Paolo Maldini agreed to send Giacomo Olzer to Brescia in return. The Primavera star will join the club on a permanent basis but Milan will have a buy-back clause included in the deal.

Hey @DJackson10 and anyone else interested: The Chronicle’s “Everything is black and white” podcast is starting a history of Newcastle United series with the first episode today. It’s going in chronological order. First episode description:

For episode 1 the pair travel back 140 years to the east end of the city where a group of cricketers have met to discuss forming a team to play in the new 'association code' sweeping the nation. The club they form is Stanley FC. Later they will re-brand as Newcastle East End and in episode 2, Newcastle United. But for now, hear how they started, learn about the people who set up and represented the club in these formative years and follow their nomadic journey around the areas of Byker and Heaton that would eventually lead across the city to a patch of land known as St. James Park.

For further reading on this era, please check out 'Pioneers of the North' by Paul Joannou.

Looking forward to this, especially as a relative newcomer.

Hey @DJackson10 and anyone else interested: The Chronicle’s “Everything is black and white” podcast is starting a history of Newcastle United series with the first episode today. It’s going in chronological order. First episode description:

For episode 1 the pair travel back 140 years to the east end of the city where a group of cricketers have met to discuss forming a team to play in the new 'association code' sweeping the nation. The club they form is Stanley FC. Later they will re-brand as Newcastle East End and in episode 2, Newcastle United. But for now, hear how they started, learn about the people who set up and represented the club in these formative years and follow their nomadic journey around the areas of Byker and Heaton that would eventually lead across the city to a patch of land known as St. James Park.

For further reading on this era, please check out 'Pioneers of the North' by Paul Joannou.

There was a mini+series on some cable channel that went into the origins of professional soccer in england, around the same time. It wasn't that great, but interesting enough for soccer fans.

Sinn Fein said:
For better or worse, Ajax are one of the few teams that have a good relationship with Levy/Spurs.

Its still going to be cheaper than the options that showed ambition.

Spurs new DOF, Paratici will be starting soon, so we will see if the is the dawn of a new era, or the sunset of an old era.

I think Kane had until yesterday to force himself out of the club via the Webster Rule.  So, now I expect him to stay at least one more year, but if Spurs were smart, they would sell this summer to Man City, and then buy into a depressed market.
As much as it sucks, I am leaning that way now.  Deals will be had this window.  Take the Kane cash and roll it into a new team. 

But Levy will try to squeeze every penny out of the sales and buys, so not sure it will actually work either.  

As much as it sucks, I am leaning that way now.  Deals will be had this window.  Take the Kane cash and roll it into a new team. 

But Levy will try to squeeze every penny out of the sales and buys, so not sure it will actually work either.  
I am hoping Levy gives more control to Paratici. 

Might be wishful thinking, but a guy can dream...

Hearing this morning that a deal is still not there, and that Gasperini, from Atalanta has entered the picture, and that Conte is only mostly dead.

Stolen from Spurs community, who stole it from reddit:

From a Roma fan on Reddit: "Your defense will suck but your attack will suck too." The joys.
Blow it all up.  Sell everyone.  At least I won't be motivated to spend my $ to go see them play.  Or signup for Peacock for that matter.  

I'm doing a EURO 2020 fantasy team here --> https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/create-team

I can't tell whether we can set up a league.  I'm jacked for this thing - kicking off on Sunday with a great one, England v Croatia.
League LInk: https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/95HFQVAG02/004600420047005F00470042005F00470042005F0047004D/Jaysus145

code to join:  95HFQVAG02

ETA: I have no idea if that will work

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing a EURO 2020 fantasy team here --> https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/create-team

I can't tell whether we can set up a league.  I'm jacked for this thing - kicking off on Sunday with a great one, England v Croatia.
League LInk: https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/95HFQVAG02/004600420047005F00470042005F00470042005F0047004D/Jaysus145

code to join:  95HFQVAG02

ETA: I have no idea if that will work

Edited 22 minutes ago by Jaysus
Olivier's Army is IN.

Stolen from Spurs community, who stole it from reddit:

From a Roma fan on Reddit: "Your defense will suck but your attack will suck too." The joys.
Seems the new DOF likes him.  Some familiar with his past work think he's underrated.  If Levy is actually letting the DOF influence or make the decision then I am cautiously optimistic.  

Where can I find the podcast? Youtube, Spotify etc? 

Uh it starts Friday with Italy vs Turkey in Rome. The local Italian Cafe that host Milan Club Philly is gonna air it and Philly is no masks full capacity starting Friday. So I'm gonna go into the city for this I think. Hopefully meet some cool people and get my way into Milan Club Philly somehow. I'm doing this all on my own too. 

Also my one department manager asked about all my Sundays off including for the Final on July 13 as we have 2 people on vaca. I told her my Cousin's wife has family coming in from Australia and we're meeting up that day. Which is a lie and I took off for the Final. I work literally every Sunday during the NFL season (Took off only for the Eagles Home opener and Season openers) and missed every 1PM game for most of the season. Meanwhile she never works a Sunday. So seriously I think I'm allowed to take off a few Sundays in the Summer no matter what. 

Yes, you got there first. But I’m not passing up a chance to strengthen my “gay for French strikers” brand. 
Nah - Spurs have apparently agreed to a deal with Paolo Fonseca to be the next manger.

We effectively swapped Mourinho for Fonseca with Roma.  And Spurs are broke.  So, while other teams shop for new players, we wlll be dumpster diving for scraps.

p.s. liked your song

A little unfair from Benz.  In addition to being better in the air, Giroud does a lot of the things that Benzema is so good at pretty well himself.  I think Benz is the best combination playing striker in the world, but Giroud is pretty darn good at that too.
Well, its not hard to see why Benz is more than a little bit jealous of his countryman.

El Floppo said:
I get the sense this is pure silly season stuff. Like the Ziyech to milan rumor because tuchel doesnt rate him. (which i think is a planted seed from italy to try to leverage him away from chelsea)
Sounds legit. Chelsea sent his agent to Milan to negotiate with them 

According to journalist Marco Ramiccia, there was a meeting between the Rossoneri management and Fali Ramadani yesterday in Milano in which Ziyech was also discussed, a player who is very much liked by Paolo Maldini and co.

Not only that, but the journalist adds that the well-known agent was in fact sent by Chelsea and Ziyech’s actual agent to negotiate the deal, which implies that the track is concrete, while in a reply on Twitter Alessandro Jacobone confirms those indiscretions.

Sinn Fein said:
Nah - Spurs have apparently agreed to a deal with Paolo Fonseca to be the next manger.

We effectively swapped Mourinho for Fonseca with Roma.  And Spurs are broke.  So, while other teams shop for new players, we wlll be dumpster diving for scraps.

p.s. liked your song
Sell them all, including Kane.  Let the new DOF deal with the purchases.  Play the kids and get younger.  Mourinho will be available again after a few years of not fun times.  

Sell them all, including Kane.  Let the new DOF deal with the purchases.  Play the kids and get younger.  Mourinho will be available again after a few years of not fun times.  
I've come to terms with it.

Its a new year, and new adventure.  Lets see what the DOF can do.

(And, I really hope you meant Pochettino...)

Sinn Fein said:

"SCENE: Spurs walk into a high school cafeteria, holding a tray of food, looking for a place to sit. They glance at a table where ManU, Man City, and other cool kids are sitting. They're looking at Spurs, whispering to each other, pointing and laughing. Spurs sighs, looks around, and sees Newcastle United sitting alone. Spurs walks over to the Magpies' table and sits. Newcastle United look up from their Joe Willock fanzine, see Spurs looking hopefully at them, and get up and move to another empty table."

Users who are viewing this thread