What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (10 Viewers)

NewlyRetired said:
But we have decades of proof that this does not work.  Refs have been empowered for ever to do this and it is absolutely useless and time wasting is as bad or worse today than it ever has been.

Added time is a complete and total farce IMO.  The refs don't even pretend to keep track of it accurately.
Totally disagree.  Time wasting was far worse 10-15 years ago IMO. 

So lets go back to this diving thing for minute. I also noticed this when I rewatched the final. Marco Messina of IFTV apparently did the same and found some sweet nuggets. 

I think the biggest complaint I will always have an other Italian fans have constantly is is happens with other countries and like some have said here England it's pretty prevalent they just blatantly ignore they do it. However if you are gonna complain about Italy using Cantenaccio which means defend when you are ahead at all cost even using the dark arts. Other countries do this and so do their leagues. But it's never pointed out. Also I've talked how some anti soccer fans complain about this and they watch the NBA which is prevalent of this and won't even acknowledge it. 

Marco Messina

@IFTVMarco

Min 99 both Phillips & Kane do exactly what Immobile did (just with less chatter around it)

Minute 92 Maguire faked that Berardi kicked him in the head While I don’t like it, this is what happens in every football match in 2021. The problem is when you say only Italy does it

Marco Messina

@IFTVMarco

Also, commentators were when these plays happened (watching on ESPN) Give them benefit of the doubt on the Phillips/Kane because they’re hard to catch The Maguire was a slowmo replay. Just have to wonder if it was the other way around

One thing I can tell you for sure... There will be no singing on our part. I don't get it. 
that's more than fine.  You can enjoy the atmosphere with out joining in.    Are your seats any where near the supporters section or are you in a more general area?  If in a more general area you will find much less people singing/chanting etc than in the supporters sections.

that's more than fine.  You can enjoy the atmosphere with out joining in.    Are your seats any where near the supporters section or are you in a more general area?  If in a more general area you will find much less people singing/chanting etc than in the supporters sections.
I'm not sure. I'm in upper deck at one end. My son thinks the supporter sections are all lower level. But I have no idea how he knows that.

I'm not sure. I'm in upper deck at one end. My son thinks the supporter sections are all lower level. But I have no idea how he knows that.
I believe the Timbers Army group is over 5000 fans big now. 

They started in section 107 and have spread out as they have grown.  It looks like they take up most of the "north end of the stadium" according to wiki.

Then we might be in the middle of it. We're 209
I think you will hover over them from 209.  I think all the sections below you are the supporters groups but you will find out for sure  :)

I think you are on the "log" side of the stadium so you will get to see up close the log cutting tradition if and hopefully when the Timbers score.

Do you need any talking points for you and your son to help you enjoy the game more, specifically about LAFC?

I think you will hover over them from 209.  I think all the sections below you are the supporters groups but you will find out for sure  :)

I think you are on the "log" side of the stadium so you will get to see up close the log cutting tradition if and hopefully when the Timbers score.

Do you need any talking points for you and your son to help you enjoy the game more, specifically about LAFC?
Been watching stuff on YouTube and on timbers Twitter, so have some info

Things look to be going swimmingly in Miami

==============

Jamie Hill

@_jameshill

Miami being awful is high-end MLS schadenfreude. - rampant cheating - total under appreciation of the domestic player pool - under qualified coach who is buds with Becks - total cowardice in embracing a strong pink jersey. They deserve this.

=================

Tonight they are losing 4-0 at home, at the half, to the Revs, who are missing players away at the Gold Cup.

World Soccer Talk@worldsoccertalk·3m

Phil Neville in his press conference this week ahead of the game against New England said this game was "now or never" for Miami.

With the team in last place and losing 0-5, Inter Miami is never going to reach the playoffs.

🤔

Neil Warnock with a fanny pack full of autographed photos? Neil Warnock with a fanny pack full of autographed photos!

(TIL that a fanny pack is a bum bag in the UK)

Last edited by a moderator:
So fun. Winning goal right in front of us. Seats were perfect. Just above all the singing crazies. So part of it without being right in the middle of it. Good times. Son wants to get season tickets of course.
Very happy for you guys. My buddy awhile back was the opposite. We went to the Union match and got seats at MF essentially across from the benches (So TV camera side could make us out during play a bit). We played Columbus and 2 Columbus guys got straight Reds including one that ended up being a Penalty and we scored on the PK. We had 4 or 5 goals. My friend checked in on Facebook and a coworker commented on him being there. He tells his coworker after the game it was really boring and he didn't get it. 

Seriously? Probably one of the best options of a first game to go to other then what you got tonight and he still doesn't get it. Tickets are fairly cheap on Stubhub for the union and not a bad seat to watch either. Yet he doesn't get it. I'll give him the complaining on the parking lot as everyone complains about that part including season Ticket holders. 

So I'm glad you guys had fun and your son wants to buy Season tickets. I forget if you told us how old he was though 

Very happy for you guys. My buddy awhile back was the opposite. We went to the Union match and got seats at MF essentially across from the benches (So TV camera side could make us out during play a bit). We played Columbus and 2 Columbus guys got straight Reds including one that ended up being a Penalty and we scored on the PK. We had 4 or 5 goals. My friend checked in on Facebook and a coworker commented on him being there. He tells his coworker after the game it was really boring and he didn't get it. 

Seriously? Probably one of the best options of a first game to go to other then what you got tonight and he still doesn't get it. Tickets are fairly cheap on Stubhub for the union and not a bad seat to watch either. Yet he doesn't get it. I'll give him the complaining on the parking lot as everyone complains about that part including season Ticket holders. 

So I'm glad you guys had fun and your son wants to buy Season tickets. I forget if you told us how old he was though 
16. We just moved to Portland area a few weeks ago from Minnesota.

16. We just moved to Portland area a few weeks ago from Minnesota.
Nice should be fun if you guys get Season Tix and can make most games. Games you can't make you could sell tickets and depending how good the club is could make a profit as well. My Cousin had season Tickets to the Phillies when they won the WS and they sold some of the games. Ended up making what they paid for the Season tickets back to get Season tickets again and enough money to travel to Pittsburgh for Opening day right on the 1st base line. 

So if the team is winning it could be profitable as well. I do suggest buying some club gear (MLS.com sometimes has sales on team gear which is how I got two really good Union Jerseys awhile back), as well as learning the chants. 

So fun. Winning goal right in front of us. Seats were perfect. Just above all the singing crazies. So part of it without being right in the middle of it. Good times. Son wants to get season tickets of course.
The pusherman knows to give out the good stuff to the newbs- youll be scratching your veins playing on a february rainy day in stoke.

Amazing game- checked the score firdt thing this AM to see if PORT could pull it out...last second! what a first game. And glad the seats were good.

Milan have announced that CEO Ivan Gazidis has been diagnosed with Throat Cancer. On a conference call today he told everyone with reassurance that doctors told him that they expect him to fully recover. Best Wishes Ivan!

wow!  

===================

Bob Williams

@WilliamsBob75

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad on August 15 will air live on ABC as part of the new ESPN-LaLiga deal. The first of many games on ABC no doubt.

wow!  

===================

Bob Williams

@WilliamsBob75

FC Barcelona v Real Sociedad on August 15 will air live on ABC as part of the new ESPN-LaLiga deal. The first of many games on ABC no doubt.
Wow indeed.  How close are we to having England, Spain, Germany and Italy on major network telly every Saturday and Sunday morning?  Have to think the general trend and the Euro ratings have got everyone's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread