What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Silvio Berlusconi has officially sold 48% of AC Milan

Investor Bee Taechaubol has purchased a 48% minority stake in the club, following weeks/months of negotiations. The stake was purchased for 480 miliion, and a clause is being formulated so that he will have a majority stake within 2 years.

The club will be listed on the Asian Stock exchange within 6-12 months.

The funders behind Bee are 2 Chinese Owned banks w the major "owner" having an estimated 480Billion in assets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Investor Bee Taechaubol has purchased a 48% minority stake in the club, following weeks/months of negotiations. The stake was purchased for 480 miliion, and a clause is being formulated so that he will have a majority stake within 2 years.

The funders behind Bee are 2 Chinese Owned banks w the major "owner" having an estimated 480Billion in assets.
Well, Serie A just got more interesting. Inter should be reloaded as well. Do you think they will try to bring back Zlatan?

lol...Al Jazira(Vucinic's team) has offered Roma 15m(GBP) for Gervinho, along with tripling his wages. Please let this happen.

lol...Al Jazira(Vucinic's team) has offered Roma 15m for Gervinho, along with tripling his wages. Please let this happen.
Gervinho... wow. forehead aside, when he's on- good gravy he's awesome. you just have to appreciate that 2-3% of the time that he's on and not dribbling towards 3 defenders or the corner flag with his teammates running around wide open waving their hands wildly for the pass.

lol...Al Jazira(Vucinic's team) has offered Roma 15m for Gervinho, along with tripling his wages. Please let this happen.
Gervinho... wow. forehead aside, when he's on- good gravy he's awesome. you just have to appreciate that 2-3% of the time that he's on and not dribbling towards 3 defenders or the corner flag with his teammates running around wide open waving their hands wildly for the pass.
2-3% is quite generous. He was good last year, but once Serie A figured out this one-trick pony, good God...he cost Pjanic from adding AT LEAST 5 more assists to his tally. He really can be comical (if he doesn't play for your team).

Well, Serie A just got more interesting. Inter should be reloaded as well. Do you think they will try to bring back Zlatan?
Absolutely.

There is already a meeting set up for tomorrow to bring Ibra back, between Galliani and Ibra's agent, Raiola.

He is almost certainly returning, rumor has it he's wanting a return as well.

Despite being 33, the guy is still top 3 in the world, and will bring some legitimacy to the team, and almost certainly will bring us back to Champions League

FWIW, many outlets are saying Milan will spend around 150m this summer - And new Owner, Bee, has said "finances are not an issue w the bank that now back us"

Bout to get crazy. Milan needed to come back

FreeBaGeL said:
El Floppo said:
Jaysus said:
FreeBaGeL said:
What channel is the Champions final on tomorrow? I can't find it anywhere.
I do not see it either, but it has to be Fox
I'd assume straight up normal Fox, not one of their associated channels.yep- that's what it is here in NYC.
Nice. I'm so used to looking in the 200 channels for these games it didn't even occur to me to look on a regular network for a non-US game. Good to see it.
I think Fox has been showing the final the last handful of years. I think they started to air it once the Final moved away from Wednesday and on to Saturday back in 2010ish.

Absolutely.

There is already a meeting set up for tomorrow to bring Ibra back, between Galliani and Ibra's agent, Raiola.

He is almost certainly returning, rumor has it he's wanting a return as well.

Despite being 33, the guy is still top 3 in the world, and will bring some legitimacy to the team, and almost certainly will bring us back to Champions League

FWIW, many outlets are saying Milan will spend around 150m this summer - And new Owner, Bee, has said "finances are not an issue w the bank that now back us"

Bout to get crazy. Milan needed to come back
Damn northerners, and all their fancy money...

As much as Ive been born into hating Inter, football needs both Milan and Inter to come back to where they have always been.

It's been 4 years of absolute disgust watching this excuse for a Milan team. Finally, someone with fresh ideas, and some serious financial backing is back in play.

Galliani with transfer money - I don't know if there's ever been anyone better

2-3% is quite generous. He was good last year, but once Serie A figured out this one-trick pony, good God...he cost Pjanic from adding AT LEAST 5 more assists to his tally. He really can be comical (if he doesn't play for your team).
ETA...that's15m pounds, not dollars...

As much as Ive been born into hating Inter, football needs both Milan and Inter to come back to where they have always been.

It's been 4 years of absolute disgust watching this excuse for a Milan team. Finally, someone with fresh ideas, and some serious financial backing is back in play.

Galliani with transfer money - I don't know if there's ever been anyone better
One man's disgust, is another man's bliss...

Any Pool fans in here?

If you guys land Darmian from torino, you're gonna happier than a pig in #### when you see him play.

Milan never shouldve let him go. Idiots.

NewlyRetired said:
FreeBaGeL said:
What channel is the Champions final on tomorrow? I can't find it anywhere.
FOX

UEFA Champions League Final JUVENTUS-BARCELONA (live) 2:45 pm.
Hmm, need to find a good place to watch this in SF tomorrow. Will be getting back from Alcatraz about a half hour before it kicks off.
The old thread had a couple discussions on this.... I thought Eeph and/or Z would help you out by now. I've been to 3ish soccer bars in SF and all have been good. Only one I remember by name is Mad Dog in the Fog. It is in upper Haight (?) I saw a Classico there and it was ####### slammed. So if you want a big crowd that could be a place.

Lacazette to PSG has apparently been completed.

Huge coup. Love that PSG is trying to scoop up the best French talent, teams should always do this.

Just hope they don't get Kondogbia and Pogba too... Or the CL is gonna have one winner for the next 5+ years

Yeah, you def. need to get there early, I've been out for a couple CL finals and they've been mobbed. Even moreso for Barca, I would imagine.
Yeah. I was talking to some guys who said the Thirsty Bear is a good place too, but will also be packed. Since I'll be cutting it close coming back from Alcatraz, may just find any old bar near there that has it on.

Should be a really fun game today.

Yeah, you def. need to get there early, I've been out for a couple CL finals and they've been mobbed. Even moreso for Barca, I would imagine.
Yeah. I was talking to some guys who said the Thirsty Bear is a good place too, but will also be packed. Since I'll be cutting it close coming back from Alcatraz, may just find any old bar near there that has it on.

Should be a really fun game today.
Does San Francisco have a Little Italy section? I would suggest you not be in that area looking for any old bar, especially as you will most likely have a Barca kit on.

Galliani : "Ho parlato con Berlusconi. Mi ha fatto un solo nome: vuole riportare Ibra"

Galliani has spoken today with Berlusconi, who said to him one thing "Bring Ibra back home" (Galliani has met w Ibra's agent both last night and again this afternoon in Berlin)

Lacazette to PSG has apparently been completed.

Huge coup. Love that PSG is trying to scoop up the best French talent, teams should always do this.

Just hope they don't get Kondogbia and Pogba too... Or the CL is gonna have one winner for the next 5+ years
I'm still seeing lots of conflicting reports on Lacazette.

I was really hoping Atleti would make a move for Lacazette, ditching Mandzukic in the process.
Why? Has he been a bad fit, or bad attitude? He seemed liked a perfect signing at the time...just curious, haven't really seen him play for Atleti much...

He started of pretty well, but a) is obviously very slow and can't create #### on his own, b) seems to have a not great attitude, especially when he wasn't playing well and got benched for Torres, and c) he never paired all that well with Griezmann.

The French national side looks like it had some really quality talent coming up: Lacazette, Griezmann, Pogba, Varane. I think those are better than Kane and Sterling for England. Thoughts?

The French national side looks like it had some really quality talent coming up: Lacazette, Griezmann, Pogba, Varane. I think those are better than Kane and Sterling for England. Thoughts?
Rabiot has been impressive for PSG as well; by the time the Euros roll around next summer...damn French.

Users who are viewing this thread