What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Memphis Foundry

The King of Wishful Thinking
Staff member
WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.
What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/82676-what-kind-of-beer-is-everyone-drinking-tonight/

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbdown: If I EVER recommended this type of configuration for a client in any of the upgrades I do I would be out of a job. Terrible.

Came across some Funky Buddha Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefe 6 packs at a local store...the hefe is pretty good, the IPA is OK but needs work.

Westbrook Gose. Was gonna head to bed after a growler of crank and a white oak jai Alai...but figured I could have one more...so Gose it was.

"That's a kickass ####### beer right there."

Sure, that's why you wasted it by chugging it.
From the YouTube comments:

"First off I hate you. Second....Why on earth would you chug a hopslam? That's disgraceful to beer drinkers around the world. Anyone who's anyone knows, you sip hopslam. Out of a goblet or tulip glass. And you dont say #### when you drink it. You respect it....you worship it........you let the hopslam.....slam you in the face with its bitter honey aroma. Shame on you sir. You are an #######."

Marble IPA (BA score 90):

ABV: 6.8%

IBU - 95

Kettle Hops: Chinook, Centennial, Citra, Mosaic, Cascade

Dry Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Centennial, Chinook, Mosaic

Yeast: American Ale

Malts: 2-Row, C-30, C-60

Enjoy with: carnitas tacos, thai curry, bright NM sun, birdies

My local neighborhood brewery Station 26 is doing a collaboration with Cigar City for this year's Collaboration Fest in Denver, at which every beer at the festival is a never-before-released collaboration between two or more breweries. The Station 26/Cigar City Snowbird White IPA sounds pretty intriguing, especially considering that Station 26 has been putting out some really impressive IPAs lately. The malt profile consists of 50% barley, 40% wheat, and 10% oats and the hop profile includes Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, Apollo, Lemondrop, and Mandarina Bavaria hops. The beer will also be infused with fresh ground orange peel and is expected to have an ABV around 7%. It sounds like it should be an explosion of tropical and citrus flavors.

Here is an article about Station 26's collaboration brew with Cigar City featuring two of my buddies, Justin and Dustin:

http://brewtallyinsane.com/2015/02/19/old-school-ties-give-birth-to-collaboration-beer/

My local neighborhood brewery Station 26 is doing a collaboration with Cigar City for this year's Collaboration Fest in Denver, at which every beer at the festival is a never-before-released collaboration between two or more breweries. The Station 26/Cigar City Snowbird White IPA sounds pretty intriguing, especially considering that Station 26 has been putting out some really impressive IPAs lately. The malt profile consists of 50% barley, 40% wheat, and 10% oats and the hop profile includes Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, Apollo, Lemondrop, and Mandarina Bavaria hops. The beer will also be infused with fresh ground orange peel and is expected to have an ABV around 7%. It sounds like it should be an explosion of tropical and citrus flavors.

Here is an article about Station 26's collaboration brew with Cigar City featuring two of my buddies, Justin and Dustin:

http://brewtallyinsane.com/2015/02/19/old-school-ties-give-birth-to-collaboration-beer/
Nice. :thumbup: CCB brewpub is releasing 2 collabs with the band "Sam Black Church" this Saturday...Captain of the world IPA and Fear of God Stout...the pub is the only place in FL you can get it. Thinking about getting some but not sure yet.

Currently enjoying a Foothills Jade IPA courtesy of palmerstel. Oh, how I missed thee, Jade. Good stuff.

You'd think San Diego can't get any better, but it does. Council just bottled their fruited sours. $14 bombers. I think they are dialed in on these now. Only been open about a year. Great to have a sour bottle that is half of what most people charge.

Roll your dice in cake league!!!!!!!

You'd think San Diego can't get any better, but it does. Council just bottled their fruited sours. $14 bombers. I think they are dialed in on these now. Only been open about a year. Great to have a sour bottle that is half of what most people charge.
Just looked at their BA page...which ones are they bottling? These sound fantastic, and right up my alley.

Speaking of San Diego, just had a ballast point victory at sea coffee vanilla porter. It was delicious.Also tried a new Holland dragon milk. In the voice of the bubble boy in Seinfeld....NOT TOO GOOD

Just looked at their BA page...which ones are they bottling? These sound fantastic, and right up my alley.
Mango, Pineapple, and Blueberry. They really nailed these. They have always had two on tap since a month or so after they opened. They have missed on some. I really hope this is a sign that they ironed out the kinks. They are a nano brewery. Real small system. These were 300 bottles each. Unannounced release that sold out in a few hours. Hopefully they start expanding. They have the room to do so.

Mango, Pineapple, and Blueberry. They really nailed these. They have always had two on tap since a month or so after they opened. They have missed on some. I really hope this is a sign that they ironed out the kinks. They are a nano brewery. Real small system. These were 300 bottles each. Unannounced release that sold out in a few hours. Hopefully they start expanding. They have the room to do so.
Dammit. Want.Having a Wicked Weed Genesis...this is a really good beer.

"Genesis is brewed with over 200 lbs of mango, guava, pineapple and papaya and aged for 6-12 months in a variation of white wine barrels."

Had this at the source at Wicked Weed last October and don't remember it being this good. Originally rated it 3.75 on BA but just re-rated it at 4.2. Might have to get more of this and sit on it.

Final beer before bed: Jai Alai. This batch is really juicy...but this beer has changed. It used to be more hazy and tropical, with bigger pineapple notes. Its still very good, but it was different just a year ago. Funny how recipes change when they don't need to.

Big day.

4 Pliny the Youngers

Pliny the Elder

Lost Abbey Veritas 13

Exponential Hoppiness

Upland Peach Lambic 2010

Cascade Apricot 2011

Cascade Figaro 2012

Avery Uncle Jacobs 2013

Mother of All Storms 2012

...and then three killer hebrews from some friends.

Needed it too.

Big day.

4 Pliny the Youngers

Pliny the Elder

Lost Abbey Veritas 13

Exponential Hoppiness

Upland Peach Lambic 2010

Cascade Apricot 2011

Cascade Figaro 2012

Avery Uncle Jacobs 2013

Needed it too.
Are you kidding me? How can you be upright much less type ?EcenI bigger concern space that Pliny out. Should be enjoyed on it's own merit.

Big day.

4 Pliny the Youngers

Pliny the Elder

Lost Abbey Veritas 13

Exponential Hoppiness

Upland Peach Lambic 2010

Cascade Apricot 2011

Cascade Figaro 2012

Avery Uncle Jacobs 2013

Needed it too.
Are you kidding me? How can you be upright much less type ?EcenI bigger concern space that Pliny out. Should be enjoyed on it's own merit.
He started early; I had two PTY's with Sebowski before noon.

Ocean. Beach. Owns.

Big day.

4 Pliny the Youngers

Pliny the Elder

Lost Abbey Veritas 13

Exponential Hoppiness

Upland Peach Lambic 2010

Cascade Apricot 2011

Cascade Figaro 2012

Avery Uncle Jacobs 2013

Needed it too.
It's an IPA. Should be drank at a good pace with big gulps.

Big day.

4 Pliny the Youngers

Pliny the Elder

Lost Abbey Veritas 13

Exponential Hoppiness

Upland Peach Lambic 2010

Cascade Apricot 2011

Cascade Figaro 2012

Avery Uncle Jacobs 2013

Needed it too.
It's an IPA. Should be drank at a good pace with big gulps.
Yup. Or chugged.

Hop Gun IPA to start the night...gonna brew a 6 hop IPA later. 10 charges of Cascade, Centennial, Citra, Columbus, Chinook, and Mosaic. Will dry hop with Citra. Shooting for about 7.2% ABV.

:banned:

CRANK

Edit: Hawks, you can be drinking this tomorrow. :thumbup:
You have no idea how much I am looking forward to this!
Its not like any other IPA out there IMO. I think you'll like it. Juice bomb...and at 6.1% its so crushable.I don't expect anyone like it as much as I do, I love it because its local and delicious...but its a super solid beer.

Also...all I have to say is: I hope you like hops. All but one beer in the box is hop forward. The only thing better than unboxing a trade is actually drinking the beer...but its almost a toss up!

Users who are viewing this thread