What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Got a lot of Bells Black Note today. Anyone interested in trading? Looking for BC Vanilla Rye or fresh New England Style IPAs. 

Got a lot of Bells Black Note today. Anyone interested in trading? Looking for BC Vanilla Rye or fresh New England Style IPAs. 
Hell to the yes.  Just in time too -- I'm headed out to Boston next week.  I can prolly grab you some Treehouse, Trillium, Heady, etc.

Randomly finding Project Pam and No Rules on tap. Could be a drunk afternoon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally forgot to update post vacation. Had nearly 60 different beers on vacation (road trip from Chicago to San Fran and back), went to Russian River and did the full tasting. Simply amazing brewery, so much excellent beer. Missed out on some good Chicago beer while I was gone though :kicksrock: but the Supplication in my Fridge makes up for it :)

Hawks64 said:
Totally forgot to update post vacation. Had nearly 60 different beers on vacation (road trip from Chicago to San Fran and back), went to Russian River and did the full tasting. Simply amazing brewery, so much excellent beer. Missed out on some good Chicago beer while I was gone though :kicksrock: but the Supplication in my Fridge makes up for it :)
RR is insane. So bang great beers.  Glad you got a chance to go.

The shop had green light passion fruit kicker, a wheat ale with passion fruit, on sale $12 for a case so I figured I'd try it.  

4/10 drinkable but would not buy again. 

I'll move on to the last similar deal I got, kona castaway IPA. Which is probably my new favorite. Thankfully I got two cases, $12 each.  10/10 

12 Gates West Coast IPA - local IPA with Citra and Warrior, just canned for the first time, solid

Evil Twin/Westbrook Justin Blabaer

So far tonight:

Fiddlehead Mastermind DIPA

Cigar City Guayabera APA

Tree House King JJJULIUSSS

Maine Beer Co Dinner IPA

next up...not sure yet.

Question: enjoy after 7.4 Brett IPA drunk at cellar temp or refrigerate for a bit?

or just read the bottle
Fridge it, but leave the bottle out when you crack it so you can experience the differences in temp changes. Its how I drink almost all my beers regardless of style. Start cold, and figure out how you like it best as you go!

Funky Buddha Moro blood orange IPA - a little too strong on the orange flavor, but not bad.

troegs nimble giant - double IPA that I guess was originally a scratch beer but got out into regular rotation.  Nice grapefruit flavor plus bitterness.  Super clean for a 9% abv.

Funky Buddha Moro blood orange IPA - a little too strong on the orange flavor, but not bad.

troegs nimble giant - double IPA that I guess was originally a scratch beer but got out into regular rotation.  Nice grapefruit flavor plus bitterness.  Super clean for a 9% abv.
That More Moro is old as hell. At least a few months. Only good when really fresh.

Finishing up my night with a Pioneer Trailblazer IPA, an outstanding NE style (aka the BEST style) IPA.

What means this?
FX Matt Brewing Co makes beer under several brands....Saranac, Utica Club, and Flying Bison.  I would assume, though I don't know, that they're really only available in NY and the immediate region.  I've never heard of that beer he mentioned so I was asking if it's the same Saranac.

FX Matt Brewing Co makes beer under several brands....Saranac, Utica Club, and Flying Bison.  I would assume, though I don't know, that they're really only available in NY and the immediate region.  I've never heard of that beer he mentioned so I was asking if it's the same Saranac.
Interesting.   Back in college (which was almost 20 years ago), we used to get variety 12 packs from Saranac.  That was in North Carolina and they seemed decent to me.  I then haven't really seen them for many years, other than rare instances, so I kind of wondered what happened.

That More Moro is old as hell. At least a few months. Only good when really fresh.

Finishing up my night with a Pioneer Trailblazer IPA, an outstanding NE style (aka the BEST style) IPA.
yeah, just saw the bottle says 4/12/16.  I often think to myself that I need to check the dates on the bottles before buying, but then I just get overwhelmed by novelty and variety and forget.

Was up in Vermont/New Hampshire a couple of weeks back and had a large number of great local beers that I have never even heard of before much less see down here in Miami. As much as I like some of the IPA's and other Ales that I tried, the one that made the most impact on me was Harpoon's Camp Wannamango. Granted I was hitting the brewery right after a 4-hour hike up and down Mt. Acutsney on a warmer than normal Vermont day and was most likely a little dehydrated by the time I got there but hot damn, that ice cold Wannamango tasted fantastic. I was able to track down a 6-pack of it at a local convenience store last week to reminisce a little bit and it was as good as I remembered. It was a crisp pale ale, light in color and body with just a slight mango finish at the end. 

Here are a few others that I tried while I was up there. Granted, they were all good (some better than others) but it was fun to try something new that is out of reach for me normally.

Great North Tie Dyed Summer Ale
Great North Smokin Rauchbier
Henniker Amber Apparition
Stark Brewing Mt Uncanoonuc Cream Ale
603 Brewing Summatime Session Ale
Wachusett Strawberry White Ale
Swift Current Runoff
Baxter Summer Swelter Ale
Long Trail Mostly Cloudy

Flying Dog The Truth - imperial IPA

Firestone Walker Luponic Distortion Revolution No. 002

...Both are solid, but prefer The Truth.

Just arrived in Boston.  Not going anywhere after a long travel day, just enjoying what's in my brother's fridge.  Which happens to be Trifecta Belgian Ale from Night Shift.  Pumped to hit Trillium tomorrow.

Just arrived in Boston.  Not going anywhere after a long travel day, just enjoying what's in my brother's fridge.  Which happens to be Trifecta Belgian Ale from Night Shift.  Pumped to hit Trillium tomorrow.

Want to trade me some Trillium? I've been tasked with getting some beers of that style as an RnD for my work. 

Want to trade me some Trillium? I've been tasked with getting some beers of that style as an RnD for my work. 
Yeah sure.  You looking for APA or IPA? No idea how much I can buy at Trillium -- ex I'm gonna hit Treehouse later in the week and they let you get 8 cans total -- so prolly not trading much of that. If I can grab a case (or hopefully multiple) of Fort Point and Congress Street I'm going to. I have a line on some Heady but not in quantity, and there are a few places in Boston with HF on tap so I may skip the drive up there and 1/2 day in line (from what I hear).

I believe it is as the web site shows Utica NY.  They had it on tap at Joe Cana'ls in Woodbridge NJ.  Saranac Citra Galaxy imperial IPA

So my local brewery which is usually just ok (Liberty Street) has a new head brewer. He's putting out a new beer each Monday. Monday he did a NE style IPA called Charm Offensive. It was a real spot on juicy hazy IPA. Sadly others must have noticed it was the best beer they had ever made as it sold out in less than 48 hours.

White Tail Unidragon - Clown Shoes

Hop JuJu - Fat Heads

Arctic Panzer Wolf - 3F

Apparition Bourbon Barrel Aged - Jackie O's
Very nice! Have had all but the Hop JuJu. Was in Chicago last month and stopped in 3F on the drive back to Ohio and pickup up some Zombie Dust and had lunch.

Picked up a 12 pack of the Fat Tire collaboration pack. In case you aren't aware they are teaming up with five other breweries who put their own spin on Fat Tire Amber Ale. Each 12 pack contains two beers from each of the five other breweries in addition to two of the the originals. I've only had beers from two of the others but both were really good (Rhinegeist & Hopworks Urban). If your a fan of Fat Tire highly recommend picking up.

http://www.newbelgium.com/news/2016/03/01/new-belgium-fat-tire-and-friends-celebrate-25-years-with-collaborative-fat-tire-riff-pack

New Belgium brewers teamed up with brewing friends at Allagash Brewing Company (Portland, ME), Avery Brewing (Boulder, Colo.), Firestone Walker (Paso Robles, CA), Hopworks Urban Brewery (Portland, OR) and Rhinegeist Brewery  (Cincinnati, OH) for the project.

Got some stuff from The Veil Brewery in Virgina - Master Master Shredder Shredder and Step Dad Chaperone. MMSS is a Double Dry Hopped IPA at about 5.5%, and the Step Dad is a Mosaic DIPA at 8.5%. Both excellent.

Got a lot of solid stuff recently: Oracle, BA Expedition Stout, a ton of Black Note, some Cascade Sours that sound great. 

Can finally report back on my Boston trip now that my TO has ended. Just a great, great beer area; got to try a ton of great stuff. Nothing like random pizza places / restaurants with HF Edward and MBC Lunch on tap! Had some Heady (still great, not as mind-blowing as it was years ago), and Focal (actually preferred this to Heady); couldn't get any Crusher unfortunately. Edward was spectacular, and I really enjoyed all of the MBC beers I tried (Lunch, Mo, Peeper, Zoe). Tried two beers from Tree House, Green and Alter Ego, both were outrageous and completely deserving of the hype surrounding Tree House; just juicy and delicious -- although we decided not to drive out to the brewery since it's hours out into the middle of nowhere with rough lines and no guarantee on what might be available (if it hadn't been a family vacation, I would have spent a day going there based on the two I tried).

All that said, what absolutely blew me away was Trillium. Every beer I tried from these guys was phenomenal, and I tried a bunch of them.  Hoppy APAs, IPAs, and DIPAs included Galaxy Dry Hopped Fort Point, Sleeper Street, Vicinity, Mettle, Upper Case, and Little Rooster. Every single one of those was a "daaaaaaamn that's gooooooood" and seriously deserves inclusion in the best __________ I've ever had the pleasure to try. Had two of their stouts, Secret Stairs and Outside the Lines, that were equally fantastic (even the Outside the Lines which I was prepared to dislike since I HATE cardamom in beer). But the hoppy stuff was just completely on another level, and completely unlike anything that I've had from breweries in other parts of the country -- almost, IMO, worthy of being considered a separate style (and the Tree House beers were there too, but I just didn't get to plow through a case of a bunch of different styles). Looked different (hazy to the point of looking like pulpy OJ), mouthfeel was different (so soft, like a pillow -- I couldn't believe that they weren't using flaked oats in the malt), and the taste was just mind-blowing. Seriously. Hops for days, but not bitter at all -- just explosions of tropical fruit and citrus to the point where blindfolded you might honestly not know that you were even drinking beer, and certainly not a typical American IPA. Anyway, I'm completely hooked now -- luckily my brother's office is 5 minutes from their brewery -- I have him grabbing another mixed case for me to pass off to my parents when they meet at the Jersey shore next week. My bank account would be effed if I lived in Boston -- at around $100 / case of pint cans their beer isn't cheap, and the case I bought lasted me all of a week and a half (and that was with me trying to show restraint LOL). It's just that good. Really can't recommend this brewery strongly enough if you get the chance to try them out, although it might make going back to just merely "good" hoppy beer a bit rough afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread