What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

Basically, yeah. But it gets complicated. Goose Island isn;t complicated for me. 

That's fine. Do what you gotta do. I can't justify giving them a dime. They actively strong arm their way on to shelf space and on to tap handles that would otherwise be available to the company I work for and another company I'm an owner of as well as all my craft beer brothers in arms. They blur the pay-to-pay lines, undercut local pricing to gain share, and hold the entire inbev portfolio hostage to get accounts to play ball. They can go #### themselves. 
PM if you must but can you get into more specifics? If so I'd be done with them too, that's beyond BS and am a huge supporter of the little breweries.

Basically, yeah. But it gets complicated. Goose Island isn;t complicated for me. 

That's fine. Do what you gotta do. I can't justify giving them a dime. They actively strong arm their way on to shelf space and on to tap handles that would otherwise be available to the company I work for and another company I'm an owner of as well as all my craft beer brothers in arms. They blur the pay-to-pay lines, undercut local pricing to gain share, and hold the entire inbev portfolio hostage to get accounts to play ball. They can go #### themselves. 
Didn't know that they were that awful. I'm a big supporter of local business over big box in general, so that is definitely food for thought. Thanks, I'll dig some more.

gonna be crackin' some Arrogant ******* in a couple hours. was gifted to me by gfs mom  :unsure:

... any experience w/this brew?

It's good. Been a while since I've had it, but remember liking it a lot. Think it's more malt forward than has become trendy lately IIRC.
Definitely, a bit of a throwback to before when giant hop bombs got so popular.  I've always liked Arrogant ******* and the various spinoffs.

It's good. Been a while since I've had it, but remember liking it a lot. Think it's more malt forward than has become trendy lately IIRC.

Definitely, a bit of a throwback to before when giant hop bombs got so popular.  I've always liked Arrogant ******* and the various spinoffs.
cool, thanks for the tip, guys  :thumbup:

can dig me a maltier beverage today, as it'll be inside (see AC comfort) imbibing for the most part.

Cheers   :banned:

Went to Cycle in St Pete last night, they tapped a bunch of this past weeks 3rd anniversary beers. All barrel aged stouts infused with different coffees. I had pours of the Jamaican Blue Mountain (Mavis Bank Estate), the Vietnamese (Da Lat), and Ethiopia Yirgacheffe...all stellar. Also had a Coffee Cuveecide (not as good as any of the individual beers) and a Coconut Cuveecide (amazing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Small cottage town half an hour north of me had their first ever craft beer festival today. Only 6 Brewers and mostly local, though Collective Arts from Hamilton was there which is nice. The thing about a 6 oz sample glass is its so small and so quick to drink and easy to refill. I might have had 20 different beers over 2 and a bit hours...

Best there today: (like you'll ever get them in the states anyway)

Haliburton Highlands Honey Brown - honey brown is a common style up here but they all overdo the honey, this was awesome.

Collective Arts - Ransack the Universe IPA - 6.6% hop forward... Good beer.

Bobcaygeon Six Bridge Saison - Good saison, peppery and so drinkable but deceptively 6+%. The festival was in Bobcaygeon, where we saw the constellations reveal themselves one star at a time #thehip

Old Flame Red Vienna Lager - had it many times before, always great.

Smithavens Hefeweizen - so good my mom had 2.

Time for my weekly Four Fathers plug. The Gadget -- their mango IPA -- is a home run. Mango presence is very subtle, more apparent in the nose than on the palate -- just enough to add depth and balance to the big hop profile. Fruit beer done right, with the fruit playing a supporting backup role. Definitely a great beer -- and I'm saying that drinking one immediately after a bomber of Enjoy By Unfiltered. It holds up, amazingly.

Double Dry Hopped Budweiser (mosaic) aged in Beechwood
this makes me think of all the people going nuts over Off Color's collaboration with Miller to make High Life.  it was on at the Great Taste. the handful of times i went over to Off Color i heard people walking away saying "it's.... it's Miller High Life."

dafuq did you people expect? 

Drinking a Stone Unfiltered Enjoy By and surveying my work site for tomorrow. I have an all-access pass to this bad ### mother ####er right here. It's going to be a long day. 

This page lists the rare beer list at the bottom
That Rare Beer list looks awesome. Fundamental Observation, Ensorcelled, Hunapuh's, J. Wakefield, Stone verticals, and tons more.  

Oskar Blues- American Summer, Longmont, CO 6.5%

Hoppy Wheat, pretty GD good. The little nook I get this at does growlers and has 8 kegs they are tapping at once. Last week I had Strawberry Creamscicle IPA Cigar City, delicious. Most of the growlers are around $8-$10 32 oz but  a few of the more exotic can run a few bucks more. 

Just got on to the growler program recently, quite frankly I may never buy a beer in a grocery store again.

Place where I fill the growlers has a drive-thru I #### you not, people coming up on their bikes, damnedest thing you've ever seen.  

More Duet and Resin. IMO, The Gadget is as good / better than both. Granted, it was canned two days ago vs they are 3 weeks - a month out, but still...

Oskar Blues- American Summer, Longmont, CO 6.5%

Hoppy Wheat, pretty GD good. The little nook I get this at does growlers and has 8 kegs they are tapping at once. Last week I had Strawberry Creamscicle IPA Cigar City, delicious. Most of the growlers are around $8-$10 32 oz but  a few of the more exotic can run a few bucks more. 

Just got on to the growler program recently, quite frankly I may never buy a beer in a grocery store again.

Place where I fill the growlers has a drive-thru I #### you not, people coming up on their bikes, damnedest thing you've ever seen.  
Oskar Blues is legit. And growlers / howlers (32 oz) are the way to go IMO if available. Fresh matters big time, particularly w/ hop forward beers.

Would love to try them but not an easy trip to get them.
Let me know if you want a growler handoff / trade. Freakin' PW and HA are a pain for me. I work in Schererville maybe 5 minutes from the state line -- zero problem over lunch or at the end of the day meeting 1/2way.

Oskar Blues is legit. And growlers / howlers (32 oz) are the way to go IMO if available. Fresh matters big time, particularly w/ hop forward beers.
Today...

Noon: Twisted Trunk IPGA, lunch at CPK...wife had a bogo so we went there for salads, yippee. 

2:00 Twisted Trunk Watermelon Saisson, The Counter...love this beer, wish I could still eat the burgers. 

3:30 Chancellor at the actual Twisted Trunk, actually had 2 of these

5:00 Kirin at the sushi joint 

7:00 Growlers filled

8:00 start pooping growlers...it's been a good day, boys.

Today...

Noon: Twisted Trunk IPGA, lunch at CPK...wife had a bogo so we went there for salads, yippee. 

2:00 Twisted Trunk Watermelon Saisson, The Counter...love this bear, wish I could still eat the burgers. 

Night is young, mang. Gotta pace yourself so that the wife is pissed that you're takin a leak off the deck every 10 minutes or so at about 10:00. Trust me, I have loads of experience in these matters, including a dead patch of grass in my fav spot LOL...

Night is young, mang. Gotta pace yourself so that the wife is pissed that you're takin a leak off the deck every 10 minutes or so at about 10:00. Trust me, I have loads of experience in these matters, including a dead patch of grass in my fav spot LOL...
I'm really at about 1 per hour to 90 minutes, that's not bad. Just a steady buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shouldn't the lawn be well watered in that spot?  only dies if you puke on it :oldunsure:

Shouldn't the lawn be well watered in that spot?  only dies if you puke on it :oldunsure:
In my experience, pissing a few times = grows faster & dark green. Pissing 5 x every weekend = bare earth. YMMV. I prolly need to change it up, but that's the one spot the neighbors can't see LOL. It'll be better once my pine tree barrier fills in more in a few years.

Just got my first "you're drunk, go to bed" as the wife walked in from Claire's and DQ w/ the daughters. "No ####, it's Saturday night, put my Blizzard in the freezer LOL."

Liquor Stop in Highland had a bunch left -- at least 4 in the fridge after I grabbed 3 of em -- $7.99 too, can't complain at all...
I have no idea WTF Liquor Stop is lol....both of my local shops don't have it and said maybe end of the month. Was talking to the Stone rep last night at a Stone Tap takeover and he wasn't sure it was going to hit in the western burbs :kicksrock:

I have no idea WTF Liquor Stop is lol....both of my local shops don't have it and said maybe end of the month. Was talking to the Stone rep last night at a Stone Tap takeover and he wasn't sure it was going to hit in the western burbs :kicksrock:
2nd best bottle shop in NWI -- right on Indianapolis / 41. Pat's in Porter is better -- but a MUCH bigger PITA if you're coming from IL.

2nd best bottle shop in NWI -- right on Indianapolis / 41. Pat's in Porter is better -- but a MUCH bigger PITA if you're coming from IL.
Just saw they had Psychedelic Cat Grass. And now that I see the logo I remember having it at Tribes Fest this year.

That place isn't that far from me. I mean, it's not close but if I were to stop in at 18th or FFF, it would be worth the stop. That said, with $22 4 packs and $13 bombers for just about everything at 18th and just about anything FFF available to me here, I don't see that happening until 18th gets their #### in line, pricewise. 

Starting off with a Navaja. 

Ministry of Pain said:
Today...

2:00 Twisted Trunk Watermelon Saisson, The Counter...love this beer, wish I could still eat the burgers. 

And this boys and girls is why when you are 42 years old you don't start drinking at Noon if you have any aspirations of making it far into the evening...it really wasn't that much but since I don't drink as much as I used to, out like a light   :sleep:  by 10-11PM, there were no more updates. 

And wide awake by 5:30 this morning, nice to get a good night's sleep for once. 

the Arrogant Bast was sweet and smooth and full bodied, and this 'hangover' didn't really amount to much - nothing 3 cups o'Joe and a pack of 'boro reds couldn't vanquish with ease

:wub:

Coeur de Lion said:

Coeur de Lion said:
Just got my first "you're drunk, go to bed" as the wife walked in from Claire's and DQ w/ the daughters. "No ####, it's Saturday night, put my Blizzard in the freezer LOL."
...Are you me? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread