What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

I think this Tongue Tickles might be my 2nd favorite hoppy beer Sebowski sent (behind Nelson)...its really friggin good.

Its got Galaxy, Citra and Simcoe. Wub.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got my hands on some Grapefruit Sculpin today. It was pretty delicious. Just bursting with fresh grapefruit, orange, and tropical fruit flavors.

I also had a Bourbon County Brand Stout and Denver Beer Co.'s new Oak-Aged Cocoa Cream Graham Cracker imperial porter for the Walking Dead finale. The Cocoa Cream Graham Cracker was pretty impressive. It kind of tasted like a campfire-roasted chocolate-covered s'more.

I also managed to find a bottle of Firestone Walker Parabola today.

A fitting end to an incredible beer week.

Wingnut said:
Noble Ale Works Tongue Tickles DIPA. Super hoppy and delicious.
Funny story about that one. I like most of their beers. Especially in the last year or so. That Tongue Tickles just hit town. Bottled a few days before I was packing your box. I looked at my untappd and saw I hated it last year, but the reviews were great on this 2nd batch. And it was so fresh. I decided to buy two the day I was to send your box.The plan was to get home and drink one for lunch. If I liked it, I'd send you the other. If I didn't I'd be stuck with a 2nd one. I loved it. Glad you did too. That brewery has improved so much. Cool spot to visit too. walking distance from the arena over there. Good experimental stuff.

Wingnut said:
Funny story about that one. I like most of their beers. Especially in the last year or so. That Tongue Tickles just hit town. Bottled a few days before I was packing your box. I looked at my untappd and saw I hated it last year, but the reviews were great on this 2nd batch. And it was so fresh. I decided to buy two the day I was to send your box.The plan was to get home and drink one for lunch. If I liked it, I'd send you the other. If I didn't I'd be stuck with a 2nd one. I loved it. Glad you did too. That brewery has improved so much. Cool spot to visit too. walking distance from the arena over there. Good experimental stuff.
Nice. I liked it almost as much as the Nelson. Just looked on Google maps, Noble Ale Works is about a mile from my dads house (he actually lives halfway between Noble and The Bruery) and I'm gonna be visiting later this year...so now I have 2 really good close breweries to check out when I'm there.Have you been to The Bruery? I've heard nothing but amazing things about most of their beers.

Wingnut said:
Nice. I liked it almost as much as the Nelson. Just looked on Google maps, Noble Ale Works is about a mile from my dads house (he actually lives halfway between Noble and The Bruery) and I'm gonna be visiting later this year...so now I have 2 really good close breweries to check out when I'm there.Have you been to The Bruery? I've heard nothing but amazing things about most of their beers.
I've had many (7-8) of their beers. I'm a fan. Usually very good. Chocolate Rain is one of the best Imperial Stouts money can buy. I've driven by the tasting room a few times and it was closed. Evening hours only I think. They specialize in Belgians, which are my favorites, but sometimes they get too creative. I passed on a Bruery Horchata-Beer offering this weekend. Just sounded wrong to me.

Bruery makes good stuff. And some bad stuff. I'm a member of their Reserve Society, so I get way too much of their beer. I've actually split it the last two years and it is still too much beer.

They are great at big barrel aged beers and sours. I don't like anything else they do though. And they do a lot of other things.

Orange County and LA are getting better every year with craft beer. You will also be close to Bottle Logic, which I liked the one time I was there. Bootleggers makes some good beer too. More up in LA you have Smog City and El Segundo making really good beers. Firestone Walker is opening a tasting room in Venice this year. Look out for that.

If you make it down my way let me know. Only 90mins without traffic.

Thirsty Dog Wulver wee heavy aged in bourbon barrels. It's delicious. Super rich caramel, butterscotch, toffee, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and oak flavors with tons of barrel character.

Buckfast 1 said:
Thirsty Dog Wulver wee heavy aged in bourbon barrels. It's delicious. Super rich caramel, butterscotch, toffee, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla, and oak flavors with tons of barrel character.
Mmmm... sounds like my kinda brew.

It's 9am and I'm a little ebrious, that's buzzed to you troglodytes. Beer before coffee this morning because I have to clean/prep the house/yard/garage before leaving for 10 days.

I won't apologize for being a beverage snob. Why not consume the best beer, wine, coffee, and liquor you can get your hands on? We're all going to die. I'll never belittle a Bud man who has Yuban every morning, drinks Mondavi on special occasions and Popov to take the edge off. I'll sit with him and drink the same without judgement, more importantly without comment, and even more importantly, I'll enjoy it. But when I die, I want to know I experienced the good stuff and I understood it, what made it good; and that I supported the craft, the craftsmen, and the companies that provided it, rather than, you know, those other companies.

But you, fellow beer snobs, I will judge. Because you know stuff and you can judge me back and I know stuff and I don't care. I'm drinking 32 oz of this highly regarded DIPA this morning, and you know I'm not a huge fan of the style. But this morning, I think my taster was more sensitive than when I normally drink beer. Man the first sip was just forking harsh. I literally gave the glass a filthy a look. But all that hoppy bitterness lingered on my tastebuds and the next drink didn't piss me off, which is good. About 10 oz into it, I kind of liked it. But something about the last few gulps brought me full circle.

Maybe Lagunitas Sucks, maybe it doesn't. I don't care. I'm sure glad it replaced my morning coffee today.

FYI for the Chicago guys PW just released Square Grouper today so keep your eyes open.
Got one

Also look for Whale Tickler from Spiteful
Snagged two...stoked since I missed it the last time. Also rumor Crimson Snapper may drop again in the next month or so.Have you had Whale Tickler? Hard to get? Spiteful is hit or miss for me.
I had it the first time out....loved it.

I'll be in Chicago this weekend. Hopefully, I can get a nice score at Binnys.
I hope so GB....might call some local bottle shops.I did miss out on Parabola though...only got 6 bottles at my shop and I was late on the list. :kicksrock:
I will do my best. I am on a tight family schedule but there is a Binnys 2 blocks from the SIL house. I have always had good luck there.

Just got home from Alabama...stopped and got a growler of Proof's Mango Wit in Tallahassee at a growler place on the way home, but just cracked the Crowler of Crank I saved for this very moment. After driving 1000 miles in 36 hours, I'm ready to kill this pretty quick.

At Swampheads new tasting room, The Wetlands, in Gainesville. Its in the swamp, but its pretty nice. Having a Down Deep IPA, its not bad...trying a Catherine's Island Sandwich next, an imperial stout w/coconut, chocolate, and peanuts...

Tasting room:

http://i.imgur.com/dpN2UMM.jpg

Http://i.imgur.com/jnQ3WwM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4K6V9pP.jpg
Cool looking place, and that Island Sandwich sounds great.
It kicked before I could try it. Had a Saison du Swamp instead (Saison w/Brett)...pretty damn good.

Drinking a Presidente at the Cuban restaurant in the Miami airport. I miss Cuban food. Simple and delicious.

Scorched Earth General Resin another good not great DIPA. Not a ton of malt but not a fan of the hops they used or it might be hop oil like Hop Hunter.

Users who are viewing this thread