What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

Rise of the Angels, Temporal Purgatory, and have a very fresh bomber of Hop Stoopid as the final nail in my coffin once my judgement gets impaired in a few hours.
Like Temporal better than Rise. Anyone else able to snag some Une Annee Devil's Reign? From what I have heard it's much better than the first two runs, a lot hoppier. I really enjoyed it, has a sweetness like a Belgian should but it's not a malty sweet. Tons of hops as well, it's an unusual combo but I really enjoyed it.

I'm headed to Chicago next weekend for the first time since I moved from there five years ago.  It seems like the beer scene has matured a lot over the past five years.  Pipeworks didn't even exist when I left there.  

Any of you Chicago guys have recommendations for the best spots in town for top-notch beer selections?  I've read some good stuff about Local Option, Bangers and Lace, and Links Taproom.  Some of my old hangouts in Chicago were the Map Room, Hopleaf, Bar on Buena, Revolution, and Half Acre.  

Thanks! 
Been awhile, but of those few you mentioned, I've been to Local Option and Bangers and Lace.  Only been to Local Option during the afternoon though....real cool place but pricey.  Maybe like they're trying to be a dive bar when they're really not.  Bangers and Lace was nice, real hipster-y.  I seem to recall Local Option having maybe a slightly better selection but being more expensive....this was like 3 years ago though.

Hawks' friend mentioned Fountainhead, I actually really liked that place, a little less pretentious than the others if I recall.  They had a really cool rooftop bar.  Pretty sure @The Gator and I got drunk there with the TBS crew many years ago.

Four Fathers is releasing a new triple IPA -- Demon Core -- this weekend -- 13% ABV, 150 IBUs, fermented with Brett. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull that off and have it still be decently drinkable, as that sounds pretty extreme. Also just tapped their wet hop harvest ale, which I know is great (and one of my personal favorite styles). I know what I'll be drinking this weekend...
Howe Could You? -- the wet hop ale, is absolutely outstanding this year, I'll be back for howlers of this as long as it lasts, or until Broo Doo hits. Waiting on the Demon Core, 13% bomber is prolly a really bad idea mid-afternoon LOL.

:lol:  Did you get an alert that @Kafka mentioned you in a post? @Sebowski needs to know these things, chapaco.
@Sebowski ...Yes, yes I did...

@The Gator

...you guys should do likewise, gb's...just to be safe... :hifive:  x2, chapacos!

Sending this "Bat Signal" from the top of my roof...after a 12 pack of Samuel Adams Rebel Rouser Double IPA's, along with a few other alcoholic accoutrements...but I still can't figure out how I ended up here!?  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
How was Blue Nose? Been meaning to get out there for awhile now. 
It was surprisingly good. Had a couple of single hopped pales (Citra and Mosaic) and a grapefruit IPA that were all very good. We bought a groupon and when I looked at their site I was very underwhelmed but was pleasantly surprised when we got there with the selection.

throw any ice?

"The waitress came down and told us you were throwing knives" /Mrs Gator
Furley, Gator, and Tasker stand on a Madison rooftop throwing ice at passersby.  Bar staff become aware of the situation.  One gets kicked out looking extremely embarrassed, one gets kicked out with a ####-eating grin on his face, and one doesn't get out because he looks too innocent.  Who's who???

That wasn't the same year as the Mark football incident was it?  Then we went to that ####ty college bar and Charles and I talked to some kid who had grills, we kept calling him Paul Wall and we started drinking Bud Lights while Gator had the football?

Furley, Gator, and Tasker stand on a Madison rooftop throwing ice at passersby.  Bar staff become aware of the situation.  One gets kicked out looking extremely embarrassed, one gets kicked out with a ####-eating grin on his face, and one doesn't get out because he looks too innocent.  Who's who???

Assuming you all look like your avatars? Gator=#### eating grin (also because I know for a fact he is in fact a #### eater), Furley, embarrassed. Looks like that's his nature state going by the avatar. Tasker is the innocent one here. look how handsome he is! I would;t kick him out of anything. If you know what I mean. 

Assuming you all look like your avatars? Gator=#### eating grin (also because I know for a fact he is in fact a #### eater), Furley, embarrassed. Looks like that's his nature state going by the avatar. Tasker is the innocent one here. look how handsome he is! I would;t kick him out of anything. If you know what I mean. 
This is actually 100% correct.

Mrs. Gator was thrilled

That wasn't the same year as the Mark football incident was it?  Then we went to that ####ty college bar and Charles and I talked to some kid who had grills, we kept calling him Paul Wall and we started drinking Bud Lights while Gator had the football?
lol

i don't recall that but i may have tapped out before this happened

GABF Update:

No huge changes this year.  Same size of the convention hall and generally the same layout.  There's only one entrance and exit this year and all participants will be going through metal detectors.  They are expanding the "Games" section of the event in an attempt to give patrons something else to do other than drink.  After paying $80 for a 4.5 hour session at a BEER FESTIVAL.  I had no idea that there was a Games section.  My priorities are in order.

They told us that the map and breweries (but not beers) were available on the website but I only see 2015 stuff.  It'll probably get rolled out at the last minute, as usual.  I have their generic map but don't have breweries assigned to any island.

The Hyatt across the street will be providing food for volunteers and other idiots (like me) that work both Saturday sessions.  Sounds like an upgrade from the usual so-so lunch we get for volunteering for both Saturday sessions.  We'll see.  The first year I volunteered, it was just a super crappy slice of pizza.  So, progress.

I have two tickets to the Friday night session that are currently not spoken for.  If there's a FBG that's around Denver on Oct. 7 and would like to go to the GABF, let me know and we can figure something out.

Happy 35 years, GABF!

Hey Wingnut or other Trillium fans my wife will be in Boston tomorrow. I like big hoppy juicy beers so out of there current offerings what would you suggest she bring home for me?  TIA :thumbup:

Congress Street IPA

Melcher Street IPA

DDH Summer Street

DDH Fort Point

Hey Wingnut or other Trillium fans my wife will be in Boston tomorrow. I like big hoppy juicy beers so out of there current offerings what would you suggest she bring home for me?  TIA :thumbup:

Congress Street IPA

Melcher Street IPA

DDH Summer Street

DDH Fort Point
Anything double dry hopped would be priority #1 for me, but those are all spectacular beers well worth grabbing. Trillium hoppy beers really tend to feature a single variety of hops, so your favorite will likely depend on which hops you prefer -- DDH Fort Point = citra, DDH Summer Street = simcoe, Congress Steet = galaxy, Melcher Street = mosaic.

Man, I had forgotten how good Villain is -- world-class DIPA. Wish they brewed it more often. Cone Crusher is very good also, but Villlain is ridiculous.
Wasn't a fan of Rise of the Angels, thought Temporal Purgatory was significantly better.

Hailstorm Cumulus, I like it but prefer Stratus.

Wasn't a fan of Rise of the Angels, thought Temporal Purgatory was significantly better.

Hailstorm Cumulus, I like it but prefer Stratus.
I prefer Temporal too (although I do like Angels a lot) -- but my wife LOVES Angels, and the wife crushing a howler of DIPA = good night for me, so...

Smoke-roasting a chicken and cracked my last bomber of Stone Citracado. Not bad, but not up to the standards of their previous anniversary beers either. Figured that I had better drink it now (bottled 7/30) before it completely turns into a honey malt bomb even though I have MUCH better beer available. Should have tried it before buying 4 of 'em, but at $7 per probably shouldn't be too upset...

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some watermelon basil saison in Daytona Beach this afternoon.  It was interesting.  Heading out and about in Winter Park (Orlando) for more shortly.

Nosferatu :wub:

Allagash Little Brett
Collesi Imper Ale Blonde Ego (no idea what this is, got it as a gift)

Was going to cut back on the beer a little bit this weekend but after going to a concert last night, I guess that's out the window.

Alpha King and a lonely New Belgium Citradelic as I hunt for the lowest ABV beers in my fridge LOL. Chicken was stellar, too -- if you've never smoke-roasted a chicken or bone-in parts, do yourself a favor and try it. Seriously the best ever way to cook chicken -- and it isn't remotely close.

Officially drunk now. Cone Crusher, Villain x2, Citracado bomber, Alpha King x2, Citradelic, Rise of the Angels x2 howlers (splitting w/ wife) -- at least according to Untappd LOL. Beautiful night, lighting the fire pit now.

Officially drunk now. Cone Crusher, Villain x2, Citracado bomber, Alpha King x2, Citradelic, Rise of the Angels x2 howlers (splitting w/ wife) -- at least according to Untappd LOL. Beautiful night, lighting the fire pit now.
I am so lucky my wife doesn't like beer. And puts up with my beer buying hobby. 

Thinking maybe a stout in a little while. 

Gone Away now. 

Users who are viewing this thread