What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Hawks, did you try any of the Chickow!'s?

Any non omgwhalezbro I should seek out? Will check out Inigo per your recommendation.  
What I really enjoyed the most, that FW went really fast and GI had it's own station that had huge lines where they changed out the taps.

Avery Callipygian

Ballast Point Single Malt Whiskey Victory at Sea

FW Parabajava - missed this one :kicksrock:

Maplewood Mind #### FK

Odd Side Hazle's Nuts

Odd Side Rye Hipster Stout

GI Hombre Secreto

GI Madame Rose

Avery Raspberry Sour and Expletus

Crooked Stave L'Brett D'Apricot and L'Brett D'Raspberry

Total haul: Navaja x 4, Daisy Cutter x 4, Todd x 4, Furious x 4, Brickstone APA x 6, Lizard King x 4, MO x 2, Peeper x 2, Lunch x 1 (limit, or I would have grabbed more), Special Sauce x 1

Loaded up at Trader Joe's and took the wife and daughters to lunch at Cheesecake Factory. Good day, gonna be an even better night around the fire pit.

So Inigo Montoya won a gold.  Dosvidanya Rye was slightly better and also won a gold.  

Just had vanilla cinnamon Chickow! that was awesome.  

I've had a handful of their beers (satellite co-worker in Denver) and they've ranged from very good to daaaaaaaamn that's freaking great. Wish that they distro'ed here.
When I was in Denver in June, they had a NE style IPA that was unreal. As good as any NE brewery. Tasted like a sweet hoppy meyer lemon. 

Peeper. And MBC rules. Trying to save the Lunch to split with my bro who has never tried it, but might not work out that way LOL.
Unfortunately, Ive been hearing that Dinner is a shell of its former self. The last time I had it I wasnt impressed at all like I was the first couple times I had it. Lunch may be their best IPA now.

Unfortunately, Ive been hearing that Dinner is a shell of its former self. The last time I had it I wasnt impressed at all like I was the first couple times I had it. Lunch may be their best IPA now.
Never had Dinner -- my bro that lives in Boston says it's off of the charts though. Have had Lunch quite a few times and love it.

Never had Dinner -- my bro that lives in Boston says it's off of the charts though. Have had Lunch quite a few times and love it.
My MBC connection told me not to bother with the latest batch of Dinner. She was glad she only picked up a few bottles based on how it's been the past couple of batches. I had 2 of the last 3 batches and one was good, the other two were malty and just meh (as far as how good it usually is...it's still prob better than most IPAs)

what you say of Dinner may be true but please please please don't let FBGs devolve in to "X beer was better last year" like every other beer forum

@ditka311 How was FoBAB?
It was awesome. Sure, it was crowded but except for the initial mad rush for the stouts and Goose, it was manageable.  

Some of my favorites:

Dosvidanya Rye (Destihl), Benthic (Half Acre and why this did not kick or place is beyond me), Vanilla/Cinnamon Chickow!, Crooked Stave Nightmare on Brett with blueberry, 2013 BC Barleywine, 2013 Templeton Rye, Inigo Montoya, and BA Murderous.  So many others too.

The two that disappointed me most were from 18th Street which sucks because I like that place.  Sour Peach I poured out. I had such high hopes for BA Hunter w vanilla, which won a bronze, just did not do it for me and not sure how it beat some of the others. 

The two that disappointed me most were from 18th Street which sucks because I like that place.  Sour Peach I poured out. I had such high hopes for BA Hunter w vanilla, which won a bronze, just did not do it for me and not sure how it beat some of the others. 
Just goes to show just how different people's palates are -- I love both of those beers , particularly The Sour Peach (although I've only had it in bottles, not on draft) -- not overwhelmingly sour and plenty of earthy funk from the rye and the Brett. I've never had BBA Vanilla Hunter, but have had regular Vanilla Hunter and also BBA Hunter and liked both.

Although I can absolutely see how almost anything suffers in comparison when there is a huge lineup of world-class beer in similar styles.

Just goes to show just how different people's palates are -- I love both of those beers , particularly The Sour Peach (although I've only had it in bottles, not on draft) -- not overwhelmingly sour and plenty of earthy funk from the rye and the Brett. I've never had BBA Vanilla Hunter, but have had regular Vanilla Hunter and also BBA Hunter and liked both.

Although I can absolutely see how almost anything suffers in comparison when there is a huge lineup of world-class beer in similar styles.
To be fair, Sour Peach was the first sour I've tried there and overall in at least year it seems. It kind of tasted like Alka Seltzer and was early in the event so decided to save liver capacity. I would try it again. BA Hunter Vanilla was directly after 2013 Barleywine which was so damn good and strong tasting that anything would have been a relative let down.  I think, like you said, it's a good problem due to the incredible level of quality beers there. 

Welcome change (return to normal) after the Barrel Madness fiasco. Unfortunately, that is my wife's birthday so there's probably no way I can swing it, but it's good to see $20 tickets (and $10 DD) vs. what we saw last time -- looks like Drew heard the reaction and felt the push back, which is awesome.

"Come rock out with 18th Street Brewery as we celebrate our 3 year anniversary. We will have food, 4 bands and of course, lots and lots of amazing 18th Street & guest beers.

General Admission tickets are $20 each. This will get you entrance to the party, a free 13oz glass, a 6oz draft pour, a 3 year anniversary sticker and the right to purchase a single 22oz bottle of our 3 Year Anniversary Beer- a Russian Imperial Stout brewed with Dark Matter Coffee ($25 CASH).

Knight of the Round, Escape Is Not Freedom, Of Wolves, and Cloakroom will perform throughout the night.

-$5 of each ticket sale will be donated to Hammond's 24hr emergency shelter, The Haven House.

Once inside all draft pours and all food will be $5 CASH. We will be rotating taps and pouring our own beers and guest drafts.

Draft list as of now (more beers will be added):

BA HUNTER VANILLA

BA HUNTER COFFEE

BA HUNTER ORANGE

BA HUNTER COCONUT

BA #####ES’ BANK COGNAC

IMPERIAL BLUD

THE SOUR PEACH

BA DARK SAISON W CARDAMON

Designated Driver tickets are $10 each. This will get you entrance to the party, a meal ticket, and non-alcoholic beverages. DD's are not able to purchase the 3 Year Anniversary Beer."

Last edited by a moderator:
Tree House Bright w/Simcoe and Amarillo

Tree House Green

Its a good day.
Still trying to get my hands on anything tree house.  I might have to take a trip to the brewery in Mass, I think that's the only way I may find it. Where did you get them from?

Tried a few from Magic Hat

Low Key Session IPA
Demo Black IPA
S.M.A.S.H. Hits IPA
Electric Peel Grapefruit IPA

I like the Low Key and Smash.  The wife likes them and the Electric Peel.  Didnt care for the Black IPA too much

Still trying to get my hands on anything tree house.  I might have to take a trip to the brewery in Mass, I think that's the only way I may find it. Where did you get them from?
No distro -- you can only get their beer directly from the brewery -- or you can trade for it on beeradvocate or similar.

• Smile
Reactions: Neo

Users who are viewing this thread