Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

Hop Hunter SN

I know I've asked before with no response. But has anyone else tried this? It's my go to beer now at home. It's also a new way of getting fresh hops.

Ran across this list of best IPA's. Very well written. What I would of given to be a judge.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?a=1

I have had it. At first I wasn't overly impressed but when I had another one a couple days later for some reason I thought it was much better.

I have had it from tap and bought a 6 pack. I don't know if this makes sense but something about it strikes me as oily. It also seems to give me a little indigestion after I drink it I have these litte hop burps. I don't have that with any other beers just kind of odd.

Back on point, I'm currently enjoying a keg of Over the Edge IPA from Unknown Brewing

Re: your comment about it being "oily" - assume you're aware of the hopping technique SN is hyping for this beer (see below)? Its some super-secret method where they "steam distill" the hops immediately after harvest, out in the field, then add the hop oil to the brew kettle, together with normal cone hopping. Sounds like schtick to me, but it is a nice beer. As I've noted before, I'm consistently impressed that SN can put such high quality product (together with most of their other beers) on the shelves in grocery stores in the midwest for just over a buck a bottle, $11 growlers at the filling station in my neighborhood.

Hop Hunter IPA harnesses the complex flavors of just-picked hops through an all-new method of steam distilling wet hops before they even leave the fields. This revolutionary technique captures and intensifies the natural flavors, creating a unique and intensely aromatic beer. Our custom process gathers pure hop oil which, when combined with traditional whole-cone hops in the brew kettle and makes for an incredible IPA experience.

Grapefruit Sculpin has finally made it here. Stopped in my beer store and picked up

6 pack Grapefruit Sculpin

1 EvilTwin Nomader Weiss

2 Head Hunter IPA

1 SN Hop Hunter IPA

1 Fat Heads Sunshine Daydream

1 Schofferhofer Grapefruit Radler

• Like 1

Hop Hunter SN

I know I've asked before with no response. But has anyone else tried this? It's my go to beer now at home. It's also a new way of getting fresh hops.

Ran across this list of best IPA's. Very well written. What I would of given to be a judge.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/04/blind-tasting-116-of-the-best-american-ipas-we-hav.html?a=1

I have had it. At first I wasn't overly impressed but when I had another one a couple days later for some reason I thought it was much better.

Cool, To me it's a must to have in a glass. The smell is just like a hops room. So great.

I have had it as well. A solid meh for me. :shrug: Have had another beer that uses Hop oil and was also pretty meh to me.

ETA it's good not great, not likely to buy it over anything else.

Edited by Hawks64

Treehouse Curiosity Thirteen.

Now were talkin. Smells tropical, has that hazy chewy look. Delicious. Nice bitterness, lots of tropical and citrus notes. I've heard this is kinda similar to Julius but I've never had it so I can't say...but I really like this one.

Grapefruit Sculpin. So damn good. I prefer it to regular Sculpin.

I have one left. Think it's going down tonight. I have four Habanero Sculpin left. Not as excited about drinking those.

I'm surprised you could still get grapefruit. It's gone on my neck of the woods and I'm out West.

I have one left. Think it's going down tonight. I have four Habanero Sculpin left. Not as excited about drinking those.

I'm surprised you could still get grapefruit. It's gone on my neck of the woods and I'm out West.

I picked up a few six packs last week, they got a ton in. And love that beer.

I picked up a few six packs last week, they got a ton in. And love that beer.

I'll have to check my bottle shops again.

Still get it? We just got it today...my beer store posted on FB that they got 6 packs of Grapefruit Sculpin and Victory At Sea in today...the first ever to arrive in Lakeland...they got 6 cases of each in and I was there 30 minutes after he posted it...no way I was missing out. Lol Edited by Wingnut

Still get it? We just got it today...my beer store posted on FB that they got 6 packs of Grapefruit Sculpin and Victory At Sea in today...the first ever to arrive in Lakeland...they got 6 cases of each in and I was there 30 minutes after he posted it...no way I was missing out. Lol
Yep still get it?

My two bottle ships I go to both talked like they would not be getting much more. And these are places that pride themselves on getting micro brews. Only thing I can think of is its more popular here in California.

Edited by Wooderson

So next up I'm cracking a Crank Crowler...the birthday beers are flowing (yes, that's a shameless plug for my Bday...Lol)

Cheers everyone!

Happy Birthday man. You drink a lot of different beers. How do you find the time? Paint the picture for me. Age? Kids? I try to find new beers all the time but can't always fit it in. You are living the beer dream.

So next up I'm cracking a Crank Crowler...the birthday beers are flowing (yes, that's a shameless plug for my Bday...Lol)

Cheers everyone!

Happy Birthday man. You drink a lot of different beers. How do you find the time? Paint the picture for me. Age? Kids? I try to find new beers all the time but can't always fit it in. You are living the beer dream.
Thanks man! And I like to think so. Lol. Turned 45 today...no wife, no kids...new girlfriend...I have total freedom. Work 17 days a month so I can make time for beers. Looking to move to tampa within 2 years so I can fish and visit breweries as much as possible.

I'm trying to try he best beers available...its addicting...

Yeah, no kids and only work about 15 days a month. That's pretty much the key right there, no kids and don't slave away at work.

Cheers everyone!

Thanks man! And I like to think so. Lol. Turned 45 today...no wife, no kids...new girlfriend...I have total freedom. Work 17 days a month so I can make time for beers. Looking to move to tampa within 2 years so I can fish and visit breweries as much as possible.

Yeah, no kids and only work about 15 days a month. That's pretty much the key right there, no kids and don't slave away at work.
Glad you quoted that before accidentally deleted it...lol

Cheers everyone!

Thats a good beer drinking setup. Awesome. My rule is never the same beer back to back. :)

I dont have it to bad myself married with two young kids so need to pick my times. For example I'm posting from a brewery right now. :)

I had my fantasy baseball draft tonight. I was looking to stay up, but still get down.

Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout imperial coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels

Epic Big Bad Baptist imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels with cocoa nibs and coffee

Edited by Buckfast 1

I had my fantasy baseball draft tonight. I was looking to stay up, but still get down.

Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout imperial coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels

Epic Big Bad Baptist imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels with cocoa nibs and coffee

Wow. How are those? They sound amazing.

What brewery.

Sierra Nevada, it's 10 minutes away. Getting growler filled for me and a chocolate shake for the little lady. :)
What beer did you go with? Do they have special brewery only beers there?

What brewery.

Sierra Nevada, it's 10 minutes away. Getting growler filled for me and a chocolate shake for the little lady. :)
Yeah they always have something only available at the tap room. Went with a Red Ale they were doing for women brewerrs or something like that. It was good but not my usual style. It was only a 1 day thing so had to try it.

Most of the time I go with a beer camp beer for my growler.

Edited by Wooderson

What brewery.

Yeah they always have something only available at the tap room. Went with a Red Ale they were doing for women brewerrs or something like that. It was good but not my usual style. It was only a 1 day thing so had to try it.

Most of the time I go with a beer camp beer for my growler.

Awesome, they make great IPAs. Not a bad brewery to live by. My FIL built the water system for their brewing.

Hoppy BDay, Wing!

Ocelot opened today. We were slammed. Crazy to think about really. Very little social media. No real publicity, but they came out on a Thursday night. Our 1st three beers are great. Everyone loved them. I wish we had more in the tanks, but logistics kept us from brewing this week. I'm a bit worried about the crowd on Saturday. A couple parties and at least one bus. It's going to be hectic.

####. It's almost 4am... Need to be back there in the morning...

• Like 2

Hoppy BDay, Wing!

Ocelot opened today. We were slammed. Crazy to think about really. Very little social media. No real publicity, but they came out on a Thursday night. Our 1st three beers are great. Everyone loved them. I wish we had more in the tanks, but logistics kept us from brewing this week. I'm a bit worried about the crowd on Saturday. A couple parties and at least one bus. It's going to be hectic.

####. It's almost 4am... Need to be back there in the morning...

Hey buddy - congrats! I'm going to try to stop by in the afternoon of 4/23 for an hour. Will you be around or back in SD?

Stopped by a local place to enjoy KBS on tap last night. Happened to meet the owner of 51st Ward, a new brewery here in IL. Didn't catch his name but he mentioned he was with Urban Legend previously and decided to move in a different direction.

Tried his most recent brew called Conscious Sedation, an amarillo brown ale. I thought it was outstanding! Should be hitting shelves in a few weeks locally.

Stopped by a local place to enjoy KBS on tap last night. Happened to meet the owner of 51st Ward, a new brewery here in IL. Didn't catch his name but he mentioned he was with Urban Legend previously and decided to move in a different direction.

Tried his most recent brew called Conscious Sedation, an amarillo brown ale. I thought it was outstanding! Should be hitting shelves in a few weeks locally.

That guy is cool as hell and he makes some great beer!

Don't remember going to bed last night, but woke up in bed half dressed, remote control from living room in hand. On the plus side, I'm not hungover. I think the key was not having any DIPAs on hand that might have tempted me at the end of the night.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1