What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Noon Whistle released Polish Goodbye yesterday (one of the asst brewers is moving to CA), a Spelt Pale Ale with Dragonfruit. It's very good.

Lot's of fresh hops out here in the PNW.    Breakside, Fort George, Frement among others.    but Great Notion is ####### killing it right now.  If anyone is thinking about making a trip to Portland anytime soon, put Great Notion at the top of your list.   
if i make a trip to Portland, i'm putting you at the top of my list :wub:

Speaking of “friends across the border,” Jade to start the ball rolling tonight — the APA brewed with flakes oats before that was cool.

Watching PSU vs. Northwestern

had a Southern Tier Thick Mint

followed by Southern Tier PUMPKING

Both are delicious.  VERY impressed with the Thick Mint.  It's like drinking Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.   im a little tipsy right now.  

Also has SA Harvest Hefe yesterday. It was very tasty. 

Tonight is my brother's 40th birthday party. It's supposed to be a bottle share but in reality most of our friends are Miller Lite drinkers, which is fine. I was going to open Dwarven Power Bottom but might save that for another night and maybe go with a BCBS Coffee. Not sure yet but something good will be opened. 

Also have a keg of homebrew Heady clone that actually smells like Deep Space from Half Acre which is a good thing. Hoping it's fully carbed and ready to hook up to the kegerator. Can't completely tell as I am having issues with my keg/liquid line.   

As far as what I got him, tickets for the New Glarus hard hat tour (a year ago since they sell out that far in advance), a Hoppy Birthday tap handle (couldn't find Nelson and thought this one was appropriate considering it is a birthday present) for the kegerator I got for him as a wedding present, and some Central Waters schwag. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Mikkeller NE IPAs referenced above are damn good; Buddy Buddies is really freaking excellent. The two Prairie West Coast IPAs are on deck.

Hey @Wingnut, I finally made to Arkane Aleworks today.  Lots of great sours and a really fantastic stout on tap today.  Thanks for the recommendation.   :thumbup:
Hell yeah! Im jealous...I live an hour away and can never seem to get over there.  That'll change once I move to Tampa next year...theyre really lapping the sour field in the bay area, amd theyre really cool people to boot :thumbup:

Hell yeah! Im jealous...I live an hour away and can never seem to get over there.  That'll change once I move to Tampa next year...theyre really lapping the sour field in the bay area, amd theyre really cool people to boot :thumbup:
Yeah they are, can't remember the guys name I talked with (one of the co-founders of the place) and he was super cool. Every time I'm in Orlando I'll be making the trip out there for sure. Plus that Mango Habanero sour is one of the best non-barrel aged non wild sours I've ever had.

Yeah they are, can't remember the guys name I talked with (one of the co-founders of the place) and he was super cool. Every time I'm in Orlando I'll be making the trip out there for sure. Plus that Mango Habanero sour is one of the best non-barrel aged non wild sours I've ever had.
Gimmie Swelter :thumbup:

Had a small sample of some pomegranate sour today that was tapped, but normally unavailable.  

Ended up opening BA Darkness, BCBS Coffee, Hailstorm BA Vlad with Coffee and BA Vlad with Vanilla. We were on track for more but the shots of Jack kind of derailed that train. 

My coffee tastes barrel aged this morning. Mmmmmm.....barrel aged. 

At a local place with a great selection of drafts and they have Pernicious from Wicked Weed. Excellent beer, reminds me of Lunch.

So Prairie Madness from Hailstorm won gold in the American IPA category. Happy for those guys. 

I assume we're going to have neckbeards chasing this?

Made the weekly run today: more Lord Hobo Glorious, plus fresh Enjoy By and Bare Hands Bee Hop. Considering that the Bee Hop clocks in at > 10%, I’m likely looking at a complete $hitshow this weekend lol. It’s just sooooo good though.

Made the weekly run today: more Lord Hobo Glorious, plus fresh Enjoy By and Bare Hands Bee Hop. Considering that the Bee Hop clocks in at > 10%, I’m likely looking at a complete $hitshow this weekend lol. It’s just sooooo good though.
From 18th Street's FB:

"Introducing Nickel and Dime, two new Double Dry Hopped Double India Pale Ales that won’t leave you feeling short changed. Both are juicy and hazy- Nickel (7.4% ABV) is brewed and dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Simcoe hops; Dime (7.6% ABV) with Citra and Galaxy hops. Available 10/12 at both locations. 13oz drafts $6, 16oz 4pks to go $18."

Looks like I'll be having another talk with the wife about how I spend too much on beer tomorrow lol.

Going camping this weekend. Stocked up on Trillium and Treehouse this past week. It will be a nice buffet. In particular looking forward to some Dopleganger and Ma from TH. Got some Bright and Haze too. Mettle and Vicinity from Trillium. Will likely hit up Paradox Brewing and Adirondack Pub and Brewery while I am out "camping".
We also had a nice sampling of Gun Hill, SingleCut, Sloop and He'Brew. Divided Sky by GH, in particular is very good. First time having Doubleplus Good from Sloop. The guys love Ripa on Rye, but I personally find that it crosses it over some poorly defined line and its no longer beer. Hits you over the head with the alcohol, but that's me. Great weekend with a ton of great beers.  

Enjoying an IRMA IPA (Green Bench, 7venth Sun, Coppertail and Orange Belt collab). All ingredients including the cans were donated and all proceeds go to Florida hurricane relief. They used hops whose first letters spell IRMA:

Idaho 7, Rahau, Mosaic, Amarillo

Prerty cool. For $10/6 pack it can't be beat. And it's tasty as hell!

https://i.imgur.com/lYbE74t.jpg

Cigar City Papayalai IPA

Cigar City Space Pope IPA

7venth Sun IPA is Almost Dead

Tampa Beer Works Another IPA

Finishing the night with an IRMA IPA.

It's been a good night. All Tampa Beer and all delicious. As a beer nerd I'm lucky to live here, Tampa Bay's (and FL overall) beer scene is pretty awesome.

"Introducing Nickel and Dime, two new Double Dry Hopped Double India Pale Ales that won’t leave you feeling short changed. Both are juicy and hazy- Nickel (7.4% ABV) is brewed and dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Simcoe hops; Dime (7.6% ABV) with Citra and Galaxy hops. Available 10/12 at both locations. 13oz drafts $6, 16oz 4pks to go $18."
Nickel is very good, Dime is freaking great. Galaxy fest up in here with Dime and Glorious.

Watching PSU vs. Northwestern

had a Southern Tier Thick Mint

followed by Southern Tier PUMPKING

Both are delicious.  VERY impressed with the Thick Mint.  It's like drinking Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies.   im a little tipsy right now.  

Also has SA Harvest Hefe yesterday. It was very tasty. 
Have you had satans bake sale mint chocolate chip stout from spring house?  Never thought I'd like a beer like that, but had it a festival several years ago and thought it was great.

Users who are viewing this thread