What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

So I'm at my local Lowe's foods grocery shopping and I happen upon their beer section by chance and see a row of Bourbon barrel aged Sexual Chocolate. I mean it would have been wrong for me to not get one to try, right?

Always thought the regular one was good but a tad overrated.

Hoping the barrel aged makes this like a Founders Breakfast Stout vs a KBS...

So I'm at my local Lowe's foods grocery shopping and I happen upon their beer section by chance and see a row of Bourbon barrel aged Sexual Chocolate. I mean it would have been wrong for me to not get one to try, right?

Always thought the regular one was good but a tad overrated.

Hoping the barrel aged makes this like a Founders Breakfast Stout vs a KBS...
You have to. It's "free beer" as it shows up only on the Lowe's receipt. 

Just spent $144 on 32 cans of beer, having a party tonight and people are going to be treated to some delicious juice. Cactus (DIPA) and Milo's Phoenix (IPA) from Tilted Barn. Lots of folks in line from Western MA today at the brewery and several of them talking Tilted Barn and Treehouse in the same breath.

arctic_panzer_wolf said:
I'd say it was pretty delicious.  Even better was I just discovered a new beer store.  The ex moved last year and I'd passed this place 100 times while picking/dropping the kids off, but had never stopped.  I've never seen so much Three Floyd's stuff.  Place looks like a dump from the outside lol
I’m guessing that you’re not in NWI then lol — FFF is available everywhere here. 7/11 has Alpha King sitting next to the Miller Lite and Bud here in Valpo.

Dogfish punkin.  This is consistently a good output but Im a little disappointed in the lack of pumpkin beers right now.  I live in California which has a cornucopia of beers and I'm having a hard time finding pumpkin ales.  It's weird with so many craft brewers competing against each other.  I look forward to these every October.

I got a bunch of it at Mariano's before. I will check Jewel tomorrow and settle for a Big Bad Baptist if they don't have BY. 

My neighbor has some Cubans and a fire going in his backyard so I dug deep into my cellar tonight - a dusty old Speedway, some 2012 Central Waters BB Barleywine that is pretty much at the end of its shelflife and one of the multitude old Dragons Milks I’ve bought and thrown on the shelf in my cellar over the years. A pretty good night, not over yet. 

My neighbor has some Cubans and a fire going in his backyard so I dug deep into my cellar tonight - a dusty old Speedway, some 2012 Central Waters BB Barleywine that is pretty much at the end of its shelflife and one of the multitude old Dragons Milks I’ve bought and thrown on the shelf in my cellar over the years. A pretty good night, not over yet. 
those are Dominicans

Started with Jai Alai on draft at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza (surprisingly good BTW, both the pizza and beer), then went across the street to the beer store and had a pint of Angry Chair Space Grass IPA (good but not great...the GF had Victory Dirtwolf)...then to Coppertail where I had a strawberry rhubarb berliner (really good)...grabbed a 6 pack of Sorcha O'Sullivan IPA to go (Coppertails latest alpha hunt IPA series..this one is Idaho 7 and Medusa hops)...enjoying my 3rd bottle now...pretty tasty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If he’s in IA, it’s from Decorah. When is their new brewery supposed to open again? That’s when we’ll be getting the real deal here.
The bomber bottles are from Decorah.  The 12 ounce bottles are from Florida and I'm pretty sure the cans are too.  The new brewery should be open soon if it's not already.  I'm going to drink one of them while watching football today.

Only a sip of a beer I brewed when transferring it to a keg. Need to decide if I want to be productive or just say f it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was at dinner at a place with a pretty good beer selection on tap...

Firestone Walker Leo v. Ursus: Adversus

Ocelot Time After Time (another solid one, @Sebowski Nice and smooth with a fruity, light taste, but maybe it just seemed light after the Adversus).

...May go for a Stone Enjoy By 10.31.17 for a night cap.

I send you that Speedway? I think I sent you AleSmith stuff like a month before they started distort to Wisconsin :lol:  

Was at dinner at a place with a pretty good beer selection on tap...

Firestone Walker Leo v. Ursus: Adversus

Ocelot Time After Time (another solid one, @Sebowski Nice and smooth with a fruity, light taste, but maybe it just seemed light after the Adversus).

...May go for a Stone Enjoy By 10.31.17 for a night cap.
It may get much easier to ship you guys Ocelot stuff in 2018. All I can say right now. 

While I'm blabbing..... 

We won another medal at GABF this year! Bronze for Baltic porter. So that is 2 lager awards for "I thought they only brewed IPAs" brewery. Pretty cool to win something 2 years in a row. Over 8,000 entries for 98 categories. Crazy. 

Since I'm still blabbing... 

Local spot I'm working at is finding a groove. We have out 2nd collab with Motorhead coming out next week. We also did a beer with a local punk band and debited it a punk beer fest this weekend. I had to go on TV to promote it. That was terrifying. I was terrified. I finally got comfortable and the cut away hard to the shooting UCLA. That put some perspective on things..... The punk fest was awesome. We named a beer Mohawk Town after a Vandals song since we knew they'd be at the fest. I had a stupid/brilliant idea to offer free mohawks at the fest. Thought it would be a joke. Maybe get a couple people and then the cops/organizers would be like "WTF, dude. You can't do the here. Stop." And I'd be like, whatever bro. Ok. Hahahaha. Turns out people like free mohawks :lol:  We shaved 20 heads yesterday. Had a line longer than the beer line at one point. Even got 4 girls. I currently already have one, but I always wear a hat at fest. Burned my head too many times. I got 2 people with "i'll do it if you do it" line. #LifeComplete kind of moment. Actually so many cool stories from that event I can't blab them all. 

Cheers!

I send you that Speedway? I think I sent you AleSmith stuff like a month before they started distort to Wisconsin :lol:  
I think I drank that first one years ago. What a great stout. I think Peter Zien was in town a few months after we did that trade. Great guy, great brewer. I know he’s growing fast now though, hope he’s not planning to sell. 

Fans of Cycle Brewing are going to have to wait to visit the brewery’s tasting room for the foreseeable future.

The St. Petersburg, Fla.-based brewery has announced that its tasting room on Central Ave. is closed until further notice due to issues with the original plumbing that is in the building. According to Cycle, the unexpected closure could have an impact on the brewery’s next brewery-only releases that are scheduled to be announced “in the coming weeks.”

“We are closed because our building is still using original plumbing, it has failed somewhere underneath the building, possibly underneath the neighbors building, there is truly no way of knowing but we are currently without functioning plumbing and will have to cut up a lot of concrete and dig up a lot of old pipes in order to install new plumbing and cap off the old stuff,” said a Cycle spokesperson, in a Facebook message to Tenemu.

While the tasting room is closed until further notice, Cycle’s production and distribution of non-brewery exclusive releases to retailers will be unaffected.

Obligatory shout out to Larry Bell for Two Hearted. I honestly can’t think of another American beer that has been so delicious, consistent, and relevant for two freaking decades. And it’s under ten freaking dollars a sixer and always floating around fresh as can be. If craft beer had a HOF, Two Hearted would be a unanimous first ballot inductee.

Lord hobo consolation prize appears to be on tap now at my Whole Foods.  Seen the brewery mentioned in here a few times.  Should I definitely get that?

Users who are viewing this thread