What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Was at Proof Brewing Company in Tallahassee last night.  Great beers all around and an awesome variety of sours.  One of my favorites is the Black Currant Aronia.  Their mango Whit is very popular.

^Civil Society did 2 collabs with Slim Pickens Cider n Mead called Schmedium...the first was a strawberry pineapple IPA, it was the best fruit IPA I've ever had. I wish they'd brew it again...the second was peach and guava...it was good but nowhere near as good as batch 1.

Tonight I'm enjoying Trillium Sleeper Street and DDH Melcher Street. 
Are you going to the Civil Society 2nd anniversary party? A couple of my friends are making the trek.

Tap list is pretty ridiculous 

Was at Proof Brewing Company in Tallahassee last night.  Great beers all around and an awesome variety of sours.  One of my favorites is the Black Currant Aronia.  Their mango Whit is very popular.
That's a cool spot, I stop in on the way to/from Alabama every couple of months. Their fruited Evil Kiss variants are great too.

Thinking about hitting Garagiste this weekend for the Reboog Blue bottle release. 

That's a cool spot, I stop in on the way to/from Alabama every couple of months. Their fruited Evil Kiss variants are great too.

Thinking about hitting Garagiste this weekend for the Reboog Blue bottle release. 
It sells out fast so get there early.

It sells out fast so get there early.
Yeah I've been to one of their releases...they do a count right before noon to decide limits and to try to makensure no one gets shut out.

Those guys are really cool. The other day me and a few friends were the only ones in the joint...we sat and shot the shiz with them for about an hour. 

Last edited by a moderator:
^Civil Society did 2 collabs with Slim Pickens Cider n Mead called Schmedium...the first was a strawberry pineapple IPA, it was the best fruit IPA I've ever had. I wish they'd brew it again...the second was peach and guava...it was good but nowhere near as good as batch 1.
Woah, from Civil Societys Instagram just now:

Back at it again with our boy Todd Strauss of @slimpickens This time we brewed SchmediumXL w/ Strawberry and Pineapple, the imperial version of the first Schmedium we brewed. This will see cans in a few weeks.

:pickle:

Last night Negra Modelo at a restaurant in Queretaro, Mexico. Back to Chicago today and I think I need some hops for the Hawks "game" tonight. 

The recent talk about Bells Two Hearted made me want to revisit it, it's been a few years since I had any...picked up a 4 pack at my beer store along with a mixed 6 pack of some stuff I haven't tried. 

DFH Liquid Truth Serum IPA

Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA

Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter

Destiny Cranberry Criek Sour

Red Cypress Spool Hill APA  (local)

It's cold and the barrel is beckoning....

Was able to snag a few Black Notes today. Thinking I am going with a BA Vlad the Conquistador with coffee tonight though. 

Hailstorm is also releasing BA Vlad with Coconut and BA Vlad with Maple and Coffee on the 22nd. Just take my damn money....

Gonna clear out some stragglers today: Two Hearted, Tropic Hero, Crystal Hero, and Velvet Cashmere before dipping into the Born Yesterday and Glorious.

Are you going to the Civil Society 2nd anniversary party? A couple of my friends are making the trek.

Tap list is pretty ridiculous 
Two Ocelot beers! I haven't had either of them.... Powers of Observation won bronze at GABF. I've had that, but they sent the barrel aged with cherries version to Civil. Hope to get some bottles of that soon. 

Mikieller and Evil Twin Tap Takeover:

ET- Even More Coco Jesus- maple syrup and coconut was like drinking fudge, If You Want the Rainbow You've Got Put Up with the Rain- pineapple IPA, excellent 

Mik- Do Stuff Together- nice NE IPA,  Waves good WC style IPA

Escape brewings The Other West Coast IPA...super solid offering on tap at Anclote Brew in Tarpon Springs. Seafood festival there this weekend was off the hook.

Oh, and on the way out, I saw St Somewhere had a bottle release and had a keg (yes, a keg) of Jester King Atrial Rubicite Blend 7 they tapped for the event :eek:

...I was less than a mile away so we stopped in and had a 6oz pour...Amazeballs. A keg of Atrial in the wild is unheard of, I couldn't believe it. 

Big Bad Baptist. Steelers squeek 1 out, but my fantasy team stinks. Because I'm a positive guy I'm celebrating the Steelers victory and not even drowning my fantasy sorrows...

Charlotteguys....in town for work and found out I can't move my flight up tomorrow so I want to hit a brewpub or two. I am a block away from the stadium so that puts me close to a lot such as Heist, NoDa, Sycamore (the opposite way, I know), etc. 

Which should I hit while I am here tonight?

The recent talk about Bells Two Hearted made me want to revisit it, it's been a few years since I had any...picked up a 4 pack at my beer store along with a mixed 6 pack of some stuff I haven't tried. 

DFH Liquid Truth Serum IPA

Sierra Nevada Celebration Fresh Hop IPA

Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter

Destiny Cranberry Criek Sour

Red Cypress Spool Hill APA  (local)
This sounds awesome.

Charlotteguys....in town for work and found out I can't move my flight up tomorrow so I want to hit a brewpub or two. I am a block away from the stadium so that puts me close to a lot such as Heist, NoDa, Sycamore (the opposite way, I know), etc. 

Which should I hit while I am here tonight?
I think @Wingnut pointed me to Salud. It was solid and looks like the expanded some!

ditka311 said:
Ended up hitting Heist. Had Not From Concentrate and Brunch Junkie. Both really good. 

Hop Drop is an astringent mess. 
Heist is definitely a good choice.  Unknown near the stadium is solid.  If you head back towards your hotel Duckworths at 7th and Tryon has a wall of taps.

Opened up a crowler of Prairie Ales Birthday Bomb while having some people over this weekend. Pretty good imperial stout, and a hit with those who drank some of it too.

Bad news was that my wife bought a 24 pack of Sam Adams winter mix for the party, and only about 3 of those went (as most people drank what they brought and left none behind).

So, I’ve got a Sam Adams Winter Lager open right now.

Wicked Throat Charmah NE IPA from Two Blokes in South Carolina.  Stumbled on this and was very pleased.  Will definitely seek it out next time I am in Charleston.

Users who are viewing this thread