What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Port Older Vis... whew, big, delicious. Somewhere in this thread I give high praise to Old Viscosity. Older is making me wonder why I waited so long. Loving this stuff.
The price tag? Yeah, awesome beer though.
Hah. Maybe that's why I waited so long? It was $18.

But screw that. I'm a knucklehead. I don't read the ffa for several months every year. I was just in NoVa for 10 days. I asked for suggestions. I've never heard of Ocelot. I was back and forth to Dulles six times. I was out at the range at Bull Run. I did Monticello. I did Va wine country. I drove by Ocelot over a dozen times. Why oh why didn't you tell me. I'm also a little confused. You in SD. Your beer in NoVa? Cliff notes?

Had to get another 6 pack of Freedom of 78. There's a lot around if anyone one wants some. I would trade.

Darkhorse Smells Like a Safety Meeting. It's an IPA, but tastes like a double to me. Kind of malt heavy for my liking, but a good beer nonetheless.

Grapefruit Sculpin

And now a Treehouse Curiosity 13...this brewery is top friggin notch for hoppy beers. So good.

Drinking this C13 it hit me...so I just did a side by side comparison of it and Crank...so similar. Crank has a little more tropical fruitiness, C13 has a little more bitterness. But they're really close. Its crazy how Doug has Crank dialed into the New England IPA style, theres nothing else like it in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should have a 64oz growler of Half Acre Vallejo delivered tomorrow from Hawks...

And just in time...the Florida 64oz growler bill just passed, all it has to do it pass the house vote now (and it will). Right now, we are the ONLY state where 64oz growlers are illegal. So dumb. But that's about to change!

:pickle:

Should have a 64oz growler of Half Acre Vallejo delivered tomorrow from Hawks...

And just in time...the Florida 64oz growler bill just passed, all it has to do it pass the house vote now (and it will). Right now, we are the ONLY state where 64oz growlers are illegal. So dumb. But that's about to change!

What is the 64-oz growler bill?

**EDIT** Oops, apparently I can't read.

Don't you just love the nanny state trying to dictate to people how they buy and sell products?

I found some Grapefruit Sculpin and Habanero Sculpin at my go-to liquor store. Figured I'd start off with the Habanero for the USA-Mexico soccer game.

What is the 64-oz growler bill?

**EDIT** Oops, apparently I can't read.

Don't you just love the nanny state trying to dictate to people how they buy and sell products?
Yeah its ridiculous.Http://tbo.com/news/politics/state-senate-oks-beer-growlers-house-vote-later-today-20150414/?page=1

Ilov80s said:
Had to get another 6 pack of Freedom of 78. There's a lot around if anyone one wants some. I would trade.
I'd do a trade if you are interested in any NC beers or something in particular

Ilov80s said:
I can vouch for Palmer...he's good people and has access to some great beers.Crank IPA for me now...I made the executive decision to take the night off and drink.

:banned:

Also, I might want some of that 78...

Ilov80s said:
I can vouch for Palmer...he's good people and has access to some great beers.Crank IPA for me now...I made the executive decision to take the night off and drink.

:banned:

Also, I might want some of that 78...
PM me if you are.

Elevation Montanya horchata spiced imperial porter aged in rum barrels.

This beer is really delicious. Dark and milk chocolate, vanilla beans, lactose, oak, rum, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It is incredibly smooth for a 11.5% ABV beer.

One of the recommend pairings on the bottle is jerk chicken. It sounds like an amazing pairing. I really need to serve this with some of my smoked jerk chicken.

This beer is really delicious. Dark and milk chocolate, vanilla beans, lactose, oak, rum, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It is incredibly smooth for a 11.5% ABV beer.

One of the recommend pairings on the bottle is jerk chicken. It sounds like an amazing pairing. I really need to serve this with some of my smoked jerk chicken.
That sounds awesome. I need to talk to my sister about shipping me some Colorado beer.

That sounds awesome. I need to talk to my sister about shipping me some Colorado beer.
That does sound awesome....:drool:

PW Summer vs Equinox damn tasty DIPA.

2 Hearted right now. It is ubiquitous here that I sometimes forget how good it is. I got more Saturn today so I might have to try one.

Just checked out Lakeland Brewing Company. So disappointed. I couldn't pick out the IPA in a flight of 4 styles (IPA, Pale Ale, Rye Red, and Wheat). Its cool we have a brewery here, and its a cool spot, but I'd rather drive to Tampa for good beer than drink beers that all taste the same.

Half Acre Vallejo (thanks, Hawks!)

I like it...not as much as Senita, but its pretty good.
:kicksrock: thought for sure you would like it better than Senita.
Lol its good, man...it just doesn't have as much dankness as Senita, which I really love in IPAs. The mouth feel is a little thinner too, IMO.That said, I'm not knocking it at all...but IMO Senita is world class...its a tough act to follow. :)

OK, the Vallejo has warmed up a bit, and the dankness is showing up more...I may have judged a little harshly...this is a nice beer.

Lol its good, man...it just doesn't have as much dankness as Senita, which I really love in IPAs. The mouth feel is a little thinner too, IMO.That said, I'm not knocking it at all...but Senita is world class IMO...its a tough act to follow. :)
hmmmm Space might be more in your wheelhouse. Much earthier/dank than Vallejo. You like Mosaic hops right?

Lol its good, man...it just doesn't have as much dankness as Senita, which I really love in IPAs. The mouth feel is a little thinner too, IMO.That said, I'm not knocking it at all...but Senita is world class IMO...its a tough act to follow. :)
hmmmm Space might be more in your wheelhouse. Much earthier/dank than Vallejo. You like Mosaic hops right?
Never met a hop I dont like...Lol...but yes, I love the dank hops like Mosaic and Simcoe.

Users who are viewing this thread