What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (8 Viewers)

Gyose, a plum - ginger gose collab between 7venth Sun and Ichicoro is awesome. They've got a ton of cans in the cooler as well as Headbanger canned 12/28. I just stocked up for the NYE festivities. Booya!

Half acre deep space iipa

canned 12/13

very nice

i am much more judicious with my purchased now due to health and money, so I am like the ####### milkmaids from clerks inspecting the canning dates.

Long Ball Larry said:
Half acre deep space iipa

canned 12/13

very nice

i am much more judicious with my purchased now due to health and money, so I am like the ####### milkmaids from clerks inspecting the canning dates.
I ALWAYS check the dates on hoppy beers. Been burned way too many times. I even do it at breweries.

Been sick since Jan 2nd and finally got back in the saddle tonight.

7venth Sun Image is Everything IPA. Delicious.

7venth Sun Gyose (Ginger -Plum Gose collab with Ichicoro Raman joint). Delicious - @Sebowski I threw one of these in your box.

Garagiste Mead X. Best meadery in FL by far. All of their liquids are nectar of the Gods.

I helped bottle their Reboog Musa (banana mead with Peanut butter)  and PBBFT (Peanut butter banana french toast) the other day...it's just insane the flavor they get in their meads. At the end of bottling, there were 2 extra pitchers of PBBFT they let us have at...jeebus...I probably had four 4oz pours...I was half lit when I left...but damn, it was prob the smoothest and most delicious mead I've had..and I've had several Schramms meads. Banana, peanuts, cinnamon, maple....gawd damn...Garagiste is world f'n Class. @Hawks64 get your ### down here and let's get crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hidden Springs Cracktus (last one) and Boulevard Tequila Barrel Lime Gose.  This beer is incredibly one note.  Glad it’s almost done 

In honor of New england: Lawson's Sip of Sunshine

In honor of SoCal: Stone Grapefruit Slam Pale Ale

In honor of the defending SB champs: 2 from Urban Village and a Troeg's Nugget Nectar

The taproom I frequent the most has Alchemist Focal Banger and Heady Topper.  Gonna go tonight.

They also have Cigar City Jai Alai IPA on tap and in cans.  Picked up a 6-er on Friday.  They were glorious.

Rumor has it that, soon, they're getting...  nevermind.

Bob Loblaw said:
The taproom I frequent the most has Alchemist Focal Banger and Heady Topper.  Gonna go tonight.
This has been all over the place lately.  I wonder what changed?  Had a Focal Banger on Sunday at my local bar.

Bob Loblaw said:

They also have Cigar City Jai Alai IPA on tap and in cans.  Picked up a 6-er on Friday.  They were glorious.

Rumor has it that, soon, they're getting...  nevermind.
So, the rumor was them getting Pliny the Younger.  And the rumor came true.  The bat-signal went out via Instagram around 4pm, and the wife and I made it there by 4:45.  I enjoyed two full pints of the tasty 10.25% triple IPA (if you go to Russian River Brew Co, you get three 10 oz pours max).  I wouldn't say it's the best beer I've ever had, but it is definitely up there, probably top 5.  The keg was finished by around 6pm.  Had a Heady Topper after that, and then took a 4-pk of Focal Banger home.  Decided against cracking open the Focal.  Will probably do that tonight along with some Henhouse Big Chicken which comes out today.

Recently purchased 2 6-packs of Conway's Irish Ale from Great Lakes... one of my favorite Irish ale's.

Feb 6th? Slackers!

Tampa Bay Beer Week is in effect. Picked up a bottle of Cycle Brewgarithm Friday (rye whiskey barrel aged imp stout w/coconut, coffee, cocoa nibs), plan on cracking it this weekend.

Been drinking Coppertail Brews Banner (10.3% ABV IIPA)...delicious. Super hoppy and almost zero alcohol sweetness. And they're canning now instead of bottling (about time).

Hidden Springs The Upside Down, a Berliner w/pineapple, cherry, hazelnut, vanilla, milk sugar, which was the winning beer at last year's Ultimate Brewer (they just won Ultimate Brewer for the 2nd year in a row with Humble Pie, a boysenberry, almond, cinnamon, vanilla + milk sugar berliner)

Garagiste Reboog Blue (Peanut butter and blueberry jelly mead). Helped bottle it today and had several samples. These guys are amazing. I can't believe they weren't invited to Huna Day this year. 

BTW, I'll be pouring for The Burnt Hickory Brewery Saturday if anyone is attending the Huna festival.

Anyone going to Hunahpu Day this weekend?
I worked the fest, pouring for The Burnt Hickory Brewery out of Kennesaw, GA. Fun time, I was able to walk around several times and try a lot of beer and ate at 5 of the dozen or so food trucks on site. Sunny and 85 today made for a LOT of sunburned beer drinkers from out of state. :lol:

Winners of the fest:

Best Beer:

1st Proof Brewing's Key Lime Pie Evil Kiss Berliner

2rd Ology Brewing's Juice Lab Berliner (Passionfruit, blood orange, raspberry)

3rd Angry Chair's BA Adjunct Trail Stout

Best Brewery:

1st: Ology (Tallahassee)

2nd: Proof (Tallahassee)

3rd: Arkane (Largo)

It's all about refreshing, lower ABV fruited Berliners down here in FL, they go great with hot weather. Stouts have (finally) taken a back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread