What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (7 Viewers)

So far tonight while watching the Lightning spank the Blue Jackets:

Beachwood Citraholic IPA - really good

Amplified Brewing Electrocution West Coast IPA - really good

Ocelot Round & Round We Go, a single hop IPA w/Southern Passion Hops - delicious AF

3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze - holy shizballs still one of the best sours I've ever had.

Shout out to @Sebowski for the hookup on the Ocelot and West coast hops. So far so delicious! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Modern Times Star Metal - Berliner with pineapple, guava, orange, and hibiscus. Wow. As good as any Hidden Springs here locally. The hibiscus might be the star of this beer. Just fantastic.

Lagers are taking over! I'm telling you. It's happening. Also, pilsners are my favorite lagers. Probably tie dof r favorite style overall with West Coast IPA. Not sure if you knew pilsners were lagers by your post. Pilsners are definitely leading the lager charge in craft beer. 
I did not realize Pilsners were lagers.  It kind of makes sense because I do also like pilsners.   I really like Miller Light and I am afraid to say that in this thread but hey... I am throwing caution to the wind and just putting it out there.  I have a 3 part drinking formula that works well for me and part 3 of 3 is Miller Light.  

So... am traveling to the Cinnaminson, NJ area for work this week.  There is a Yard House near the hotel.  So I go there 2 nights in a row for dinner.   Both nights I ordered a beer brewed by Forgotten Boardwalk. It is a cream ale on nitro called Funnel Cake ale   It was awesome.

After the 2nd night I looked up the brewery, found out it was local, and only 10 minutes away from the hotel where I was staying.

i went there tonight, had another nitro cream ale, had a coffee infused cream ale, tasted a dopplebock and another beer before I left.

The place was really cool   The bartender was cool.  The beer was delicious, and I bought 2 6-packs of the cream ale to go,  I am a cream ale fan and really enjoyed this brewery.   Highly recommended if you are in the area.   

So... am traveling to the Cinnaminson, NJ area for work this week.  There is a Yard House near the hotel.  So I go there 2 nights in a row for dinner.   Both nights I ordered a beer brewed by Forgotten Boardwalk. It is a cream ale on nitro called Funnel Cake ale   It was awesome.

After the 2nd night I looked up the brewery, found out it was local, and only 10 minutes away from the hotel where I was staying.

i went there tonight, had another nitro cream ale, had a coffee infused cream ale, tasted a dopplebock and another beer before I left.

The place was really cool   The bartender was cool.  The beer was delicious, and I bought 2 6-packs of the cream ale to go,  I am a cream ale fan and really enjoyed this brewery.   Highly recommended if you are in the area.   
not sure if you are gone, but check out how close spellbound is.  that is a pretty good NJ brewery.

Wife and I are driving out to Arclight tomorrow, and stopping at the following on the way back.

North Pier

Watermark

Transient

Hunter's (have to since it our dogs name)

Aftermath Cidery

Misbeehavin' Meadery

Gonna have a couple/few "crafty" beers at a local BBQ joint that has ridiculously-low prices on their drafts with dinner.  Then on to my dive bar to have a couple PBR's.  Cheap and does the trick, especially after having higher-ABV craft beers earlier in the evening.  Gotta be up around 9 for kid's soccer game in the morning so can't be too crazy.

Enjoy!

nirad3 said:
Gonna have a couple/few "crafty" beers at a local BBQ joint that has ridiculously-low prices on their drafts with dinner.  Then on to my dive bar to have a couple PBR's.  Cheap and does the trick, especially after having higher-ABV craft beers earlier in the evening.  Gotta be up around 9 for kid's soccer game in the morning so can't be too crazy.

Enjoy!
Anything good?

Lagers are taking over! I'm telling you. It's happening. Also, pilsners are my favorite lagers. Probably tie dof r favorite style overall with West Coast IPA. Not sure if you knew pilsners were lagers by your post. Pilsners are definitely leading the lager charge in craft beer. 
This is music to my ears- something in most IPAs gives me a weird headache.  I’m assuming it’s some kind of allergy.  I’m also just not a fan of really hoppy beer.  But I’ve found ton of Lagers/Pilsners that I like.

Do you have any recommendations?

I did not realize Pilsners were lagers.  It kind of makes sense because I do also like pilsners.   I really like Miller Light and I am afraid to say that in this thread but hey... I am throwing caution to the wind and just putting it out there.  I have a 3 part drinking formula that works well for me and part 3 of 3 is Miller Light.  
I drink more Miller than anything due to cost and low carb.

Modern Times Mist Dragon. This is Pilsner, and I'm not a fan of the style, but dammit if this isn't delicious. Wow. Thanks, Seabass! 
What's funny is I meant to send you all ipas and so I told the dude give all your freshies and then it wasn't until later after I had to break up the 4 packs and drink some myself that they weren't ipas. 😂 I think you have more lagers in that box on accident. 

Wife and I are driving out to Arclight tomorrow, and stopping at the following on the way back.

North Pier

Watermark

Transient

Hunter's (have to since it our dogs name)

Aftermath Cidery

Misbeehavin' Meadery
So we wound up skipping North Pier, going to The Livery instead, Hunter's and Aftermath.

Arclight - excellent. Sours are outstanding period.

The Livery - great little microbrew with good food. Had a really nice Belgian Sour with cherries at 12.5%

Watermark - shocked at how much we enjoyed this place. Sours were good and so was the hops

Transient - typical Transient...just excellent beer.

Misbeehavin' Meadery - wife and I both really enjoyed this place, will be heading back soon since it's only an hour or so away. I was surprised at how many of the meads I liked.

not sure if you are gone, but check out how close spellbound is.  that is a pretty good NJ brewery.
I was on my way out of town the next morning when I saw this... but there is a good chance I will be back and that brewery is not far away.  Thank you for the suggestion.

I drink more Miller than anything due to cost and low carb.
I would have to say that I also probably drink Miller more than anything as well.  Low calories and low carbs are a big factor in that.  Craft beer calorie count can add up quick, not to mention that in most cases you don't even know the calorie content. 

I can't deny that I honestly do like the flavor of Miller Light too.  I don't feel like I am missing out on anything when I drink it.  When it comes to all the light beers, I definitely like it best.  One time I started researching what is the most 'efficient' beer as in... what beer delivers the most alcohol per calorie.  I was hoping to find some 'diamond in the rough' that was good and healthy.  It was all pretty much light beers at the top.  Michelob Ultra was at or near the top but I like Miller a lot better and there wasn't much difference in efficiency.

Getting a nice start to the weekend. Just had an Ocelot Elsewhere IPA and am now enjoying a Break My Balls (also Ocelot). Both tasty!

Spending Easter Sunday at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, weather is supposed to be perfect. I will be smuggling in a few cans in with me. Im hoping the holiday makes the crowds a bit lighter, but itll prob be the opposite. lol.

3 floyds distributing in PA now!  Was driving down the road and saw it listed on the sign for a beer shop i have never been to.  Freaked my daughter out  as i suddenly stopped and veered into the parking lot.

Severely sprained my ankle yesterday, so Im off work for a week...last night we drank a bottle of Garagiste Cherry Cherry mead as well as a few 7th Sun Headbanger IPAs. Tonight were going to Stein & Vine for the girlfriend's birthday, so I'll definitely have a couple of good beers with dinner, but with the pain pills I'm taking, I have to limit the alcohol. :sadbanana:

While watching UFC last night I had a 2019 Cigar City Hunahpu Stout and a Project 813 from Garagiste, which is a mead with coconut, mango, passion fruit, guava, guanbana, and plantain. It never saw a public release, the club members bought all 175 bottles and I snagged 2 of them. Really tasty stuff. 

Drank these over the weekend:

Coppertail Hop Skull #2 DIPA

Calusa Smart Parts Hazy Coastal Lager

Arclight Soursmith: Lemon Blueberry Sour

7venth Sun Headbanger IPA

7venth Sun Gyose: Ginger Plum Gose

7venth Sun Do You Even Sudachi Bro? Berliner

7venth Sun Sakute Obscura: Cherry Pomegranate Berliner

7venth Sun 7th Samurai: Yuzu & Buddha's Hand Pale Ale

Garagiste So FLA Fruit Punch Mead

Garagiste Reboog Guyaba (guava) mead

Hey @Osaurus I plan on checking out Leaven the weekend of June 8th, let me know if you're down to meet up for a beer.

Drank these over the weekend:

Coppertail Hop Skull #2 DIPA

Calusa Smart Parts Hazy Coastal Lager

Arclight Soursmith: Lemon Blueberry Sour

7venth Sun Headbanger IPA

7venth Sun Gyose: Ginger Plum Gose

7venth Sun Do You Even Sudachi Bro? Berliner

7venth Sun Sakute Obscura: Cherry Pomegranate Berliner

7venth Sun 7th Samurai: Yuzu & Buddha's Hand Pale Ale

Garagiste So FLA Fruit Punch Mead

Garagiste Reboog Guyaba (guava) mead

Hey @Osaurus I plan on checking out Leaven the weekend of June 8th, let me know if you're down to meet up for a beer.
Nice group all around here.   :thumbup: .  Yeah, sounds good.  I got nothing going on that weekend. We could do Four Stacks too if you’re interested.  Just PM me the particulars.

Users who are viewing this thread