What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Scorcher out on the deck, cooling off with Austin Brothers Pineapple Mango Smoothie. It’s a good version of the style and very fresh, props to another Michigan brewery breaking out in the world of craft beer.

Scorcher out on the deck, cooling off with Austin Brothers Pineapple Mango Smoothie. It’s a good version of the style and very fresh, props to another Michigan brewery breaking out in the world of craft beer.
I think I’ve only tried their IPA but thought it was really good.  I’ll have to look out for that one

I think I’ve only tried their IPA but thought it was really good.  I’ll have to look out for that one
They make a lot of IPAs and they seem to be consistently good. Eastern Market Brewing Company is also really good. I was out there Friday- super cool spot.

Gonna crack a Pearl (TX) when I get home.  Had a buddy haul a 12 pack back from Austin last week. Reminds me of my dad teaching me how to work the lawnmower back in the day. 

Did my annual trip to Asheville, NC two weekends ago.  Hit up a bunch of the local breweries, and again my favorite in town has to be Burial.  Great stuff there.  Wicked Weed a close second.
Burial is maybe my favorite in the South. It's a gem. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yep. we even get it in Wisconsin and i love it.
Ive drank sooooo much Jai Alai over the years, I cant do it any more unless its literally the ONLY option.

To stay on topic, I checked out Bootleggers brewing earlier and tried their 2 IPAs and a PB Stout. All 3 were pretty good, then got home and had a couple of Headbangers and some Garagiste Medowfoam Mead (honey/vanilla)

So heading out to San Francisco area 7/31-8/11 the plan is to hit up the following up in Santa Rosa: Crooked Goat, 3 Disciples, Shady Oak, Fogbelt, Lagunitas and Russian River. Might hit Almanac too but not 100% on that since it's a different trip. Any place I should be planning on going?

@Sebowski

So heading out to San Francisco area 7/31-8/11 the plan is to hit up the following up in Santa Rosa: Crooked Goat, 3 Disciples, Shady Oak, Fogbelt, Lagunitas and Russian River. Might hit Almanac too but not 100% on that since it's a different trip. Any place I should be planning on going?

@Sebowski
You can also hit up Hen house which is across the street from Lagunitas and then stop at Bear Republic in Rohnert Park before going to Santa Rosa. Are you staying in San Francisco? 21st Amendment is a cool brewery to grab beers at in the city.

@Sebowski
Also if you go to Almanac you may want to hit up Faction Brewing as well.

15 Lagers That Should Be in Your Cooler This Summer

An interesting article about the craft brewing movement.  Some quotes:

"Craft beer started as a reaction to what was normal, which at that time—back in the early and mid-1980s—was macro-type lagers"

Producing ales—and in particular, bitter and hoppy India pale ale—was the best way for those early craft beer pioneers to differentiate themselves and compete with the Budweisers of the world. “The IPA movement is still going strong, but now some craft brewers that want to stand out are doing lagers”

…a lot of craft beer drinkers are suffering from pale-ale fatigue. Even those that never tire of IPAs appreciate a well-made lager—not only for its clean, refreshing, food-friendly flavor but also for the skill involved in its production.

“From a brewer’s point of view, presenting a really clean lager is the ultimate challenge… Ales produce a lot of aromatic byproducts and they’re heavily hopped, and those factors will mask minor flaws that would stand out in a lager.”

“Producing proper lagers is more difficult than ales, and will highlight the skills of the brewery when executed properly,”
I recently visited Portland, OR for vacation and definitely noticed this trend.  I camped in Astoria and it was really cool.  We visited Pelican and Buoy.  Sebowski mentioned that lagers are becoming more popular and pilsners are leading the way.  I saw a lot more pilsners on the shelf than I had in the past (this was my 4th trip to Portland) and one of my favorite beers from the trip was Pelican Five Fin West Coast Pilsner.  The other favorites I had on the trip were:  Pelican Kiwanda Cream Ale, Buoy Cream Ale, Buoy Helles.

The cream ale style has really been a favorite of mine lately.  In doing a very small amount of research, it seems like a cream ale has some characteristics of both lagers and ales when it comes to the brewing process.  I’ve also never had a Helles that I didn’t like. 

Now if only Troegs could get on the lager train… hmmmm...

@Sebowski
How about North Coast Brewing Co in Fort Bragg, CA?  It's a couple hours north of SF...too far?

Was drinking Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale last night which I had not tried previously.  It was OK...not bad.  Didn't really excite me though.  I probably won't buy it again, but it was drinkable.

But you did say Modern Times Mist Dragon is delicious

And Modern Times Mist Dragon is a pilsner

And a pilsner is a type of lager
Yeah I've liked one here or there, but usually when they're more hoppy than a normal lager. I never order one, the only ones I've drank in the last few years we're beers I got in trades.

Just picked up a keg of Hopsequences from Southern Range brewery.  

This may be the IPA coming out of the Charlotte region these days and that’s saying something g 

New Glarus Kid Kolsch

so, so good
Haven't tried that...brought back some Spotted Cow, of course from our last trip...and Totally Naked (that stuff is tasty).

We actually visited the town and toured the brewery and did a tasting.  Very cool to see.

Hitting New Glarus over Labor Day weekend while I’m nearby in Spring Green. Great beers all around.
Town is kind of quirky...but cool.

There is an awesome cheese and fudge shop in town...gave out little samples.

If you go to the brewery first and do a tasting, you get a token for a free beer at any bar in the town.  We were doing a family reunion on a nearby dairy farm.

Leaven Brewing - Cheeky Blonde

@Wingnut, they’ll have two treatments of their Requested Berliner on tap in 2 weeks.
Nice. I stopped into Four Stacks (Apollo Beach location) yesterday on the way back from Ruskin. Tried their IPA, DIPA, and sour IPA. The sour IPA was decent, the others were ok at best. They didnt have any other sours on, but the girl behind the bar said their Riverview location is open and they have one or two sours on. I may check them out next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread