What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

There's a Patron Saint of Beer.For a long time, people didn’t know that the bubonic plague was caused by a bacteria that lived in rodents, mainly rats, and the fleas that feed on them. They also didn’t know that boiling water killed that bacteria. Beer brewers, meanwhile, had been boiling their water as part of the brewing process.A monk named Arnold noticed the connection between beer and not getting the plague and ended up convincing people to drink beer instead of water, saving a lot of lives. So, he was made Saint Arnold, patron Saint of beer
www.saintarnold.com

on my 3 week costa rica trip . I had 25 different beers , this included 2 breweries 

now at 852 beers on untapped @ travellingwithtroy 
probably should be closer to 1000 as ive spent years in the bar business and attended so many beer festivals and products promotions 

the girl I meet in York is now at 2200 different beers 

I tried it at FOBAB a few years back. Not a fan. To me it was like a bad/soured brandy. Had a small sip and gave it to my BIL, he loved it.
Back when it came out I had 6 bottles of the Sam Adams Triple bock in the 7oz cobalt blue bottles.   It was thick and uncarbonated and not much like a beer.   Like an idiot I drank them all but I should have saved them cause they're quite valuable now.

@Wingnut, not sure of you're around much these days, but Leaven has 3 sours on tap right now. It's a Beer Week miracle!
I'm around, but have family coming down this week and then am flying to Michigan the week after...unfortunately won't have time to partake in any TBBW festivities. 

on my 3 week costa rica trip . I had 25 different beers , this included 2 breweries 

now at 852 beers on untapped @ travellingwithtroy 
probably should be closer to 1000 as ive spent years in the bar business and attended so many beer festivals and products promotions 

the girl I meet in York is now at 2200 different beers 
This is an interesting thing to think about. I wonder where i am at. We make it a point to buy several singles from local breweries whenever we travel. 

Just counting current stock we have 32 different beers in house right now. 

This is an interesting thing to think about. I wonder where i am at. We make it a point to buy several singles from local breweries whenever we travel. 

Just counting current stock we have 32 different beers in house right now. 
32 different beers is incredible to have at 1 time at home
I usually have 6-8 when those run out grab another 6-8

I don't drink coffee or tea so its just water and beer on trips

I love the app as I take photos of the beer and tag the location that im drinking it so when I do look back or drink that beer again .it brings back memories of that moment and trip  

Had a triple IPA from Left Coast Brewing called HOP JUICE.  Very tasty.  I don't usually go for the double or triple IPAs but this wasn't as hoppy as I expected.

Also had a nice Elysian Space Dust.  One of my favorites.

Wish I could remember the names of the brews I had in Minn last month...

waiver wire said:
32 different beers is incredible to have at 1 time at home
I usually have 6-8 when those run out grab another 6-8

I don't drink coffee or tea so its just water and beer on trips

I love the app as I take photos of the beer and tag the location that im drinking it so when I do look back or drink that beer again .it brings back memories of that moment and trip  
We're going to be in Costa Rica in June, any recommendations on brand to look for? We're staying on the far southern tip of the peninsula about 40 minutes from Tambor.

I have been loving Pilsners lately.  Yuengling Golden Pilsner has become my standard 'go to' nearly always some in the fridge beer.

I recently bought a 6 of Troegs Sunshine Pilsner.  In the past when I tasted it I always thought it was too hoppy.  Like most of Troegs beer it definitely has a hop profile to it, but it is not over the top and I liked it a lot.  I will be purchasing again, multiple times.  It's a good beer.

For those of you that are looking for a light beer with good taste I would recommend a new beer on the market Yuengling Flight.  It is basically direct competition for Michelob Ultra.  The workout / health conscious / athletic beer drinking market is growing fast and Yuengling is entering the game.  I tried 1 bottle and I split it with my wife so I didn't have a significant trial.  I liked it better compared to Michelobe Ultra and would recommend if you are looking for a light refreshing low calorie, low carb beer. 

@Ilov80s  Im gonna be in Michigan the last weekened in March and am wondering if M-43 is still around, or something similar I should look for? Flying into Detroit and driving to Bay City...

@Ilov80s  Im gonna be in Michigan the last weekened in March and am wondering if M-43 is still around, or something similar I should look for? Flying into Detroit and driving to Bay City...
M-43 and Boss Tweed (DIPA version) are very very easy to find. The trick now is making sure it is fresh. That’s still the best that’s available at stories. HOMES in Ann Arbor the making the best IPAs and sours IMO but they only sell in their brewery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Founders Frangelic Mountain Brown Ale.

Brown Ale with a hazelnut coffee flavor.   Took the growler to fill and enjoy no sports.  Had this at my go to filling spot (and didn't have as many local brews outside of IPAs which im not a fan of)...gave it a taste in the store and liked it.  Not as heavy as a stout but still big flavors. Tasty.

https://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2019/new-beer-release-frangelic-mountain-brown-2/

ETA...guy at the store is wondering when refills will be shut down.  With places like starbucks shutting down bringing in your own cup to refill he worries they are next and only new bottles will be allowed or shutting it down in stores all together for a bit.

I’m at the point where I think HOMES IPAS might be the only beer I want to drink anymore.
Tell me more. I had to move my Michigan flight to tonight, Im stoppiing at a place called Bottles N Stuff in Livonia to grab some M-43 after I land. Maybe theyll have this HOMES IPA you speak of.

Tell me more. I had to move my Michigan flight to tonight, Im stoppiing at a place called Bottles N Stuff in Livonia to grab some M-43 after I land. Maybe theyll have this HOMES IPA you speak of.
HOMES isn’t available in stores unfortunately, have to go to the Ann Arbor brewery

Picked up some Wicked Weed special IPA at the grocery store.  It was right next to the Coronas that they were nearly giving away....

Playalinda Blueberry Lemonade Pilsner. Not a Sour, but I liked how fresh it was. Gonna stop by Hell n’ Blazes Brewery in Melbourne, FL in a bit. Very chill down here. 

Brawndo Exteme by Hidden Springs Brewery. It’s the fruit punch Gatorade version of the sports drink sour (the original is green). I like it, but the original still edges it out.

Founders Frangelic Mountain Brown Ale.

Brown Ale with a hazelnut coffee flavor.   Took the growler to fill and enjoy no sports.  Had this at my go to filling spot (and didn't have as many local brews outside of IPAs which im not a fan of)...gave it a taste in the store and liked it.  Not as heavy as a stout but still big flavors. Tasty.

https://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2019/new-beer-release-frangelic-mountain-brown-2/

ETA...guy at the store is wondering when refills will be shut down.  With places like starbucks shutting down bringing in your own cup to refill he worries they are next and only new bottles will be allowed or shutting it down in stores all together for a bit.
A few co-workers of mine were travelling in Grand Rapids and had some of this at a one of their tasting rooms.  I remember hearing about it and always wanting to try it.  It sounds awesome.  I've had their Sumatra Mountain Brown and thought it was excellent.  The Frangelic sounds even better.

I stopped at Ascension Brewing in Novi, MI on the way to the airport yesterday and was blown away by how awesome it was. Every beer I tried was fantastic (as was the food), and the staff was awesome. Here's everything I had, and a Pic of first flight 

Blackberry Pi -  sour ale brewed with insane amounts of blackberry, cassia bark, Citra, and El dorado hops, and then conditioned on whole vanilla beans

Strawberry Kiwi Milkshake IPA, with citra and mosaic, conditioned on whole vanilla bean

Tactile Sensations - Milkshake IPA w papaya, lactose, citra, & mosaic

Isometrical - Double IPA brewed hazy and recklessly DDH w/ Galaxy and Strata 

2.65 - an 8% ABV Imperial Berliner w/ pink guava, raspberry, pineapple and whole vanilla

Lost in the Sauce - DDH Citra/Mosaic hazy DIPA.

Just Toorf - mango-blackberry-lime smoothie ale

LA CREAM blonde ale soured with lactobacillus and conditioned in stainless for 4 months. Dry hopped with Citra and marshmallow added

The cooler was stocked with 4 packs of cans, but I wasn't checking luggage so I couldn't bring any home...They also have a full kitchen and killer menu, I had a Bacon Board with 4 kinds of bacon (maple, chocolate jalapeno, caramel sea salt, and white/dark chocolate) and a shrimp taco. All excellent. I HIGHLY recommend checking this place out if you're ever in the area. 

I’ve had a few 7venth Mule cans from 7venth Sun Brewery for a while and thought it was time to finish them off. This is a Moscow Mule-like sour which is very well balanced and one of my favorites. 

Sticking to my "only drink on the weekends" thing, even though we're in COVID hell. 

Had a high-ABV ale (forget the name) followed by a Longboard Lager, followed by some vodka in lemonade, rounded off by an Abita Purple Haze this past Saturday.  

Looking forward to another 4-5 beers this coming Saturday.

A Syracuse sports blog I follow is running a Beer Bracket. 99.9% I've never heard of, but fun enough to follow along. Didn't think it warranted its own thread, so I'm plopping it here. They're already past the 1st round, so apologies for the late notice Link🥺  :banned:

A Syracuse sports blog I follow is running a Beer Bracket. 99.9% I've never heard of, but fun enough to follow along. Didn't think it warranted its own thread, so I'm plopping it here. They're already past the 1st round, so apologies for the late notice Link🥺  :banned:
Some good breweries in those brackets  :thumbup:

Stopping by liquor store on way home for a 6er of something.  3 tonight playing FFA poker and 3 tomorrow night watching basketball/football replays.

Stopping by liquor store on way home for a 6er of something.  3 tonight playing FFA poker and 3 tomorrow night watching basketball/football replays.
Lost Coast Brewery's Sharkinator White IPA.  Not bad.  3 will be perfect.  

Users who are viewing this thread