Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

17 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I checked for you but I didn't see anyone doing out of State deliveries- at least for the really good local stuff that isn't distributed Nationally. HOMES, Old Nation, Ascension, Odd Side, Arvon, Speciation, Transient, Austin Brothers, Drafting Table, Eastern Market and Ferndale Project are all making very good to incredible beers but they aren't making it too far from home. 

I'm hitting Transient next week. 

Just now, FairWarning said:

I'm hitting Transient next week. 

Nice- never been but had plenty of their IPAs and stouts. You will not be disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Nice- never been but had plenty of their IPAs and stouts. You will not be disappointed. 

I live 5 minutes away.  Lets say the pub is very spartan compared to the others in the area.  Usually I go to Tapistry across the street since they are open earlier and close later.

• Like 1

Just now, FairWarning said:

I live 5 minutes away.  Lets say the pub is very spartan compared to the others in the area.  Usually I go to Tapistry across the street since they are open earlier and close later.

I think Transient's business model was always centered around selling cans which is a little different for small craft brewery. 

Just now, Ilov80s said:

I think Transient's business model was always centered around selling cans which is a little different for small craft brewery. 

He only sells them in one store in Berrien County, and the rest go to Detroit and Chicago.  He started out at Jolly Pumpkin in Dexter.  He has expanded his brewing capacity quite a bit.  Very odd guy, but a hell of a brewer.   Shoot me a PM if you ever make it out this way. 

• Like 1

Deschutes....Red Chair 

Block 15.....Sticky Hands.

Hop Valley.....Bubble Stash

I highly recommend these three.  Red Chair is a northwest pale.  It's similar to Mirror Pond.....very refreshing, hoppy, and drinkable. Sticky Hands is a dank, but smooth imperial IPA.  Bubble Stash is a delicious IPA.

• Like 1

Converted my kegerator form single tap to double tap yesterday. Went to Tampa Bay Brewing Co toady and grabbed a sixtel of Reef Donkey APA to go with the keg of Calusa's Happy Colors DIPA I had running.

How the F did I live until a month ago without draft beer at home 24/7??

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Thoughts and prayers for your head tomorrow :)

Lol yes. Starting off with a lighter Gin Barrel-Aged Mr Orange with lime.  Will close with the bourbon Barrel 13% Motorbreath Russian Stout.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Lol yes. Starting off with a lighter Gin Barrel-Aged Mr Orange with lime.  Will close with the bourbon Barrel 13% Motorbreath Russian Stout.

I hope it was all good. With out beautiful weather today, I hit up HOMES. Primer and Nexus, delcious IPAs. Primer is all Michigan hops and itz titz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I hope it was all good. With out beautiful weather today, I hit up HOMES. Primer and Nexus, delcious IPAs. Primer is all Michigan hops and itz titz. 

I haven’t seen them here., will ask.  A lot of people here from IN and ILL here for the party.

48 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

What is the best variant you have had? 

Hi bud, I’ve tried all the varieties and my fav is the original. Maybe the triple barrel is my 2nd, but it’s like they are trying too hard IMO to come up with stuff when they don’t have to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So a new BBQ place opened up around the corner from work, boss took us there for lunch. Sauced Brewing Co.  Some great names for beers.....

He had the "Deuce Pigalow" - Double IPA

I went with the "Piggy Style" - Pale Ale

Next time might have to try the "Pig Ol' Bitties" (Blonde) or the "Dirty Little Pig" IPA

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

@Ilov80s anything new out near the lake towns between Saugatuck and Muskegon that i need to be aware of?

If you like NE style IPAs, Arvon out of Grand Rapids makes some great stuff. Better than Old Nation IMO. Obviously with covid this year, I haven’t done much traveling and I’ve pretty much been sticking to a couple regular more local places so I could be missing out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

If you like NE style IPAs, Arvon out of Grand Rapids makes some great stuff. Better than Old Nation IMO. Obviously with covid this year, I haven’t done much traveling and I’ve pretty much been sticking to a couple regular more local places so I could be missing out. 

if we go to the zoo again this year i'll check this Arvon out :thumbup:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

if we go to the zoo again this year i'll check this Arvon out :thumbup:

Nice, if you go tell me how it is. I've never been, only had the beer. They actually do a cool thing where they come to a County for a weekend,you order the beer online and then they deliver it to your house that weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

@Ilov80s anything new out near the lake towns between Saugatuck and Muskegon that i need to be aware of?

Saugatuck Brewing has the Neopolitan Stout, very worthy.   I recommend Arvon also.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Saugatuck Brewing has the Neopolitan Stout, very worthy.   I recommend Arvon also.

20 minutes south of Saugatuck is South Haven and has three breweries.

23 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Haven't had that in a few years. Still good quality?

Went to Bastet Brewing in Tampa today. They make some darn good beer there. I had 3 Sours of varying taste. Here they are by rank

1. Huck If You Buck - huckleberry and blueberry. Terrific.

2. Wah Gwaan? - cranberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. A tad too sweet for my taste

3. Flowers, Just Because - a more floral almost base-like Sour. The flavor could be developed a little more, but it’s not bad. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, Ilov80s said:

Going to GR in July, will have to try this, although NEIPA aren’t my favorite having one fresh from the brewery on a hot summer day sounds delicious 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had some trophies tonight. 2021 Transient Canuckley and Kentuckly are as good as any beer I ever had. Praise to these BA stouts again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Had some trophies tonight. 2021 Transient Canuckley and Kentuckly are as good as any beer I ever had. Praise to these BA stouts again. 

I still have some year one BA stuff from them. I’ll stop over there today and check out the offerings.  

A bit of excellent news that fell thru the cracks - three Floyd’s is in Michigan (on premise only).  Packages will be available in August.  They always held out because of Michigan deposit laws.  Break out the Zombie Dust.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Reminds me ... I have a large CBS (2019?) in my beer fridge.

Seems Father's Day is a good excuse to pull it out. I might even share it with my father in-law.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FairWarning said:

I still have some year one BA stuff from them. I’ll stop over there today and check out the offerings.  

A bit of excellent news that fell thru the cracks - three Floyd’s is in Michigan (on premise only).  Packages will be available in August.  They always held out because of Michigan deposit laws.  Break out the Zombie Dust.

Yeah was at a bar and saw they had Gumball Head on tap and I was surprised. That’s not my speed but I do look forward to some ZD or Alpha King. 

5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah was at a bar and saw they had Gumball Head on tap and I was surprised. That’s not my speed but I do look forward to some ZD or Alpha King. 

We have ZD here.  The distribution will be interesting.  I work right across the state line and ZD is very hard to find.  It could be how the beer reps sell it.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Why a sellout?  Last year‘ cafe de olla is a favorite of mine. 

I used to see on Beer Advocate and the like that when Goose Island sold out to Bud that a lot of people started boycotting them, where I personally don't notice any drop in quality with BCBS and I still consider it one of my favorites despite who makes it.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, Wingnut said:

Converted my kegerator form single tap to double tap yesterday. Went to Tampa Bay Brewing Co toady and grabbed a sixtel of Reef Donkey APA to go with the keg of Calusa's Happy Colors DIPA I had running.

How the F did I live until a month ago without draft beer at home 24/7??

Just saw this and must agree.  I have 9 taps at home!   :banned:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1