What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (8 Viewers)

I checked for you but I didn't see anyone doing out of State deliveries- at least for the really good local stuff that isn't distributed Nationally. HOMES, Old Nation, Ascension, Odd Side, Arvon, Speciation, Transient, Austin Brothers, Drafting Table, Eastern Market and Ferndale Project are all making very good to incredible beers but they aren't making it too far from home. 
I'm hitting Transient next week. 

Nice- never been but had plenty of their IPAs and stouts. You will not be disappointed. 
I live 5 minutes away.  Lets say the pub is very spartan compared to the others in the area.  Usually I go to Tapistry across the street since they are open earlier and close later.

I live 5 minutes away.  Lets say the pub is very spartan compared to the others in the area.  Usually I go to Tapistry across the street since they are open earlier and close later.
I think Transient's business model was always centered around selling cans which is a little different for small craft brewery. 

I think Transient's business model was always centered around selling cans which is a little different for small craft brewery. 
He only sells them in one store in Berrien County, and the rest go to Detroit and Chicago.  He started out at Jolly Pumpkin in Dexter.  He has expanded his brewing capacity quite a bit.  Very odd guy, but a hell of a brewer.   Shoot me a PM if you ever make it out this way. 

Deschutes....Red Chair 

Block 15.....Sticky Hands.

Hop Valley.....Bubble Stash

I highly recommend these three.  Red Chair is a northwest pale.  It's similar to Mirror Pond.....very refreshing, hoppy, and drinkable. Sticky Hands is a dank, but smooth imperial IPA.  Bubble Stash is a delicious IPA.

I’m a loser so been drinking bourbon barrel aged wine with my FIL all night, but tomorrow will start on the  Big Bad Baptist Series my wife just picked me up...

Lol yes. Starting off with a lighter Gin Barrel-Aged Mr Orange with lime.  Will close with the bourbon Barrel 13% Motorbreath Russian Stout.
I hope it was all good. With out beautiful weather today, I hit up HOMES. Primer and Nexus, delcious IPAs. Primer is all Michigan hops and itz titz. 

I hope it was all good. With out beautiful weather today, I hit up HOMES. Primer and Nexus, delcious IPAs. Primer is all Michigan hops and itz titz. 
I haven’t seen them here., will ask.  A lot of people here from IN and ILL here for the party.

So a new BBQ place opened up around the corner from work, boss took us there for lunch. Sauced Brewing Co.  Some great names for beers.....

He had the "Deuce Pigalow" - Double IPA

I went with the "Piggy Style" - Pale Ale

Next time might have to try the "Pig Ol' Bitties" (Blonde) or the "Dirty Little Pig" IPA

Sump Coffee Stout from Perennial Artisan Ales.

absolutely delicious. gotta say, probably one of my favorites.

going to have to go back for a couple more.

@Ilov80s anything new out near the lake towns between Saugatuck and Muskegon that i need to be aware of?
If you like NE style IPAs, Arvon out of Grand Rapids makes some great stuff. Better than Old Nation IMO. Obviously with covid this year, I haven’t done much traveling and I’ve pretty much been sticking to a couple regular more local places so I could be missing out. 

If you like NE style IPAs, Arvon out of Grand Rapids makes some great stuff. Better than Old Nation IMO. Obviously with covid this year, I haven’t done much traveling and I’ve pretty much been sticking to a couple regular more local places so I could be missing out. 
if we go to the zoo again this year i'll check this Arvon out :thumbup:

if we go to the zoo again this year i'll check this Arvon out :thumbup:
Nice, if you go tell me how it is. I've never been, only had the beer. They actually do a cool thing where they come to a County for a weekend,you order the beer online and then they deliver it to your house that weekend. 

Went to Bastet Brewing in Tampa today. They make some darn good beer there. I had 3 Sours of varying taste. Here they are by rank

1. Huck If You Buck - huckleberry and blueberry. Terrific.

2. Wah Gwaan? - cranberry, raspberry, and pomegranate. A tad too sweet for my taste

3. Flowers, Just Because - a more floral almost base-like Sour. The flavor could be developed a little more, but it’s not bad. 

Going to GR in July, will have to try this, although NEIPA aren’t my favorite having one fresh from the brewery on a hot summer day sounds delicious 

Had some trophies tonight. 2021 Transient Canuckley and Kentuckly are as good as any beer I ever had. Praise to these BA stouts again. 

Had some trophies tonight. 2021 Transient Canuckley and Kentuckly are as good as any beer I ever had. Praise to these BA stouts again. 
I still have some year one BA stuff from them. I’ll stop over there today and check out the offerings.  

A bit of excellent news that fell thru the cracks - three Floyd’s is in Michigan (on premise only).  Packages will be available in August.  They always held out because of Michigan deposit laws.  Break out the Zombie Dust.

I still have some year one BA stuff from them. I’ll stop over there today and check out the offerings.  

A bit of excellent news that fell thru the cracks - three Floyd’s is in Michigan (on premise only).  Packages will be available in August.  They always held out because of Michigan deposit laws.  Break out the Zombie Dust.
Yeah was at a bar and saw they had Gumball Head on tap and I was surprised. That’s not my speed but I do look forward to some ZD or Alpha King. 

Yeah was at a bar and saw they had Gumball Head on tap and I was surprised. That’s not my speed but I do look forward to some ZD or Alpha King. 
We have ZD here.  The distribution will be interesting.  I work right across the state line and ZD is very hard to find.  It could be how the beer reps sell it.

Why a sellout?  Last year‘ cafe de olla is a favorite of mine. 
I used to see on Beer Advocate and the like that when Goose Island sold out to Bud that a lot of people started boycotting them, where I personally don't notice any drop in quality with BCBS and I still consider it one of my favorites despite who makes it.

Converted my kegerator form single tap to double tap yesterday. Went to Tampa Bay Brewing Co toady and grabbed a sixtel of Reef Donkey APA to go with the keg of Calusa's Happy Colors DIPA I had running.

How the F did I live until a month ago without draft beer at home 24/7??
Just saw this and must agree.  I have 9 taps at home!    :banned:

I'm not drinking anything now (though I guess it is 5:00 somewhere), but I was thinking that I should take advantage of some breweries shipping stuff out-of-state while it lasts.  Anybody got any breweries that are pretty local that would be otherwise hard to get for me in VA now offering shipping to VA that you highly recommend?  Or know of good local breweries in general now doing it?  I was looking at some of the Vermont breweries, but it looks like VT does not allow VT breweries to ship their beer directly.

I was reading that Tired Hands in PA is shipping to VA.  Considering that one...

I'll share that Aslin Beer Company that I've posted about (located in Alexandria, VA, where I'm at) is now offering shipping to VA, VT, NH & PA.  
Not sure if tired hands ended up distributing there, but either way I would be very up for doing some trades of tired hands for some aslin.  TH now has their cans much more easily available in a store at their brewery so very easy for me to grab it.

Shorts BlackBerry Galaxy

bells Double Two Heartered

some 4 roses small batch select (yes that’s bourbon)

founders highball drifter

Users who are viewing this thread