What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

Finally found a light beer that I really like - and not just, "it's 5,000 degrees and I just finished cutting the grass and need something cold"-like.  Granted, it is still "I don't want to weigh 300 pounds"-like and not something I love.

https://www.sweetwaterbrew.com/brews/high-light/

100 cal, 5 carbs, 4% abv. 

I plan to keep some of this onhand all the time.
Have you had Jai Low?  That's the only one of the low call IPA's that I really enjoy but I'll give this one a shot as well. Still have some Slightly Mighty and Half Hearted in the fridge...not a huge fan of those,  The half hearted is better of the two though.

Have you had Jai Low?  That's the only one of the low call IPA's that I really enjoy but I'll give this one a shot as well. Still have some Slightly Mighty and Half Hearted in the fridge...not a huge fan of those,  The half hearted is better of the two though.
I like Founders All Day ok.....and actually the Costco session IPA isn't too bad either.....Full sail has a hazy in their session line that's drinkable, and it comes in the lil stubby bottles which I kinda dig

Not sure if tired hands ended up distributing there, but either way I would be very up for doing some trades of tired hands for some aslin.  TH now has their cans much more easily available in a store at their brewery so very easy for me to grab it.

I was out of town and just catching this. I've never really done any trading and may need to do some research on best way to ship, but I may be game for something like that. I'm a short drive from Aslin, and I do curbside pickup from there around once a month. 

Aslin Juan de Bolas is a top 5 beer for me.

That is a great one. I love their stouts. I've got some Belly Shirts in my fridge. Their Glamping is another great one (like S'mores in a can).

Picked up a couple of pints of BCBS tonight

Black Friday I got 4 each of Brand, Cherry Wood, Cola, and 14; as well as 2 each of 150, Blanton's, and Double Toasted.

Tried the Cola, which I was looking forward to.  But was disappointed.  Not bad, but kind of bland in my opinion given the amount of adjuncts added.  I got mild cola on the aftertaste.  I guess I was expecting this to either taste like a Jack and Coke or Coca Cola Classic -- some bite to it.  But twas not the case.

Black Friday I got 4 each of Brand, Cherry Wood, Cola, and 14; as well as 2 each of 150, Blanton's, and Double Toasted.

Tried the Cola, which I was looking forward to.  But was disappointed.  Not bad, but kind of bland in my opinion given the amount of adjuncts added.  I got mild cola on the aftertaste.  I guess I was expecting this to either taste like a Jack and Coke or Coca Cola Classic -- some bite to it.  But twas not the case.
How about the cherry?

Bells Cherry Stout for me tonight.

The only variant I found locally was 14 - at $30 I wasn't willing to take a chance with it.

I might try a cold Miller Lite tonight. A rare 71 degree day in Kansas City in December. Should go good with watching Thursday night football in the garage this evening.

I pretty much keep a keg of Seventh Sun Headbanger IPA in the kegerator at all times, and switch up the 2nd keg depending what's available. 

A friend bought me a German beer advent calendar, but I won't be drinking 24 beers in 24 days.  I prefer bourbon, so I will share it.

I gotta a nice gift from my beer nerd nephew. Little did he know I've been off alcohol 99% in 2021. He put together a six pack of category winners from the California Craft Brewer's Competition. 

1. Humble Sea, Authentic Ddh (Helles, also best in show)

2. Artifex, Artifexican (American Cream Ale)

3. Dunloe, Oceans Between (Porter)

4. Ambitious Ales, Central Perk (Coffee)

5. Radiant, So Much More (Chocolate)

6. Knee Deep, Simtra (Triple IPA)

Not sure if tired hands ended up distributing there, but either way I would be very up for doing some trades of tired hands for some aslin.  TH now has their cans much more easily available in a store at their brewery so very easy for me to grab it.

Just as an FYI... it looks like Aslin is doing shipping to PA now. Ordering available through their web site to deliver there.  

Last night were a few Leinenkugels Chocolate Dunkel.  3 was a good number...started the 4th and that was a mistake on the stomach.  

havent checked into this for a bit 
had friends travelling so have 2 Columbia and 2 beers for Ecuador to chill and try later this week  

I found a local brewery that is my personal favorite and haven't been trying many new beers since finding them.  They are called Hemauer.  The owner / brewer is originally from Wisconsin.  If anyone happens to be in Central PA I would definitely recommend checking them out.

Hemauer Brewing Co.

The main reason I really like them is that they have a really good Lager, Helles Lager, and a really good Plisner, Jimpy.  Been looking for a craft brewer that makes good lagers and these are excellent.  Having said that, I also really like their Hazy IPA, Lucky Lobster and their Pivot Parts series which is a single hop IPA where he rotates the hop variety.  My favorite of that series has Vic Secret.  They always have excellent seasoals.

Apologies if this has already been posted but any recommendations on an app to track the various beers you’ve tried, etc?

There is such a mass of beers out there that it is almost overwhelming keeping track of them all (especially for those outside your local area). 

Thanks!

Black IPA season is here!

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous

Culmination 4/20 - local favorite

Grains of Wrath - Falling Up Black IPA 
Black IPA with Chinook, Mosaic and Simcoe hops to provide a resinous, citrusy balance with an assertive bitterness and a toasty caramel and chocolatey roasted malt background. 6.4% ABV

Apologies if this has already been posted but any recommendations on an app to track the various beers you’ve tried, etc?

There is such a mass of beers out there that it is almost overwhelming keeping track of them all (especially for those outside your local area). 

Thanks!
I use Untappd.

Users who are viewing this thread