What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (5 Viewers)

CletiusMaximus said:
Nice BigFoot vertical my friend put together for tonight, along with some other treats.

https://Instagram.com/p/2M0EE4nUrj/
My friend just got a dream job at the Bruery so is moving to California and had to clear out most of his cellar, which is truly amazing - probably 500 bottles or so of crazy great beer and he's decided he's only going to be able to move a few cases. I could only stay for a couple hours but we were opening one great beer after another and it was just really getting going strong when I left. I recall Black Tuesday, a few different Dark Lord vintages, Firestone Walker XVIII anniversary, Smooth Criminal, several older Central water barrel-aged stuff, lots of old sours and other funky stuff including 2010 Juliet as a palate cleanser, New Glarus 20th. The ten years of BigFoot was pretty interesting. I personally thought the 05, 06 were declining, the sweet spot for me was the beers with about 5-7 years on them.

CletiusMaximus said:
Nice BigFoot vertical my friend put together for tonight, along with some other treats.

https://Instagram.com/p/2M0EE4nUrj/
My friend just got a dream job at the Bruery so is moving to California and had to clear out most of his cellar, which is truly amazing - probably 500 bottles or so of crazy great beer and he's decided he's only going to be able to move a few cases. I could only stay for a couple hours but we were opening one great beer after another and it was just really getting going strong when I left. I recall Black Tuesday, a few different Dark Lord vintages, Firestone Walker XVIII anniversary, Smooth Criminal, several older Central water barrel-aged stuff, lots of old sours and other funky stuff including 2010 Juliet as a palate cleanser, New Glarus 20th. The ten years of BigFoot was pretty interesting. I personally thought the 05, 06 were declining, the sweet spot for me was the beers with about 5-7 years on them.
Awesome man, sounds like a great great time! Good friend! What's he doing at Bruery?

CletiusMaximus said:
Nice BigFoot vertical my friend put together for tonight, along with some other treats.https://Instagram.com/p/2M0EE4nUrj/
Awesome man, sounds like a great great time! Good friend! What's he doing at Bruery?
Marketing. He's young, but has been into craft probably since the day he turned 21 if not before. He started a blog and podcast a few years ago and it's taken off, leading to this opportunity.

Drinking a week old crowler of Crank and realizing its nowhere near the same beer it is when fresh. I wish you guys could taste it within a few days of being filled...totally different. I don't think I've ever had one this "old", I always drink em pretty quick.

Hawks, if you can make it into town when youre here Ill have a super fresh one for ya..

Last edited by a moderator:
Drinking a week old crowler of Crank and realizing its nowhere near the same beer it is when fresh. I wish you guys could taste it within a few days of being filled...totally different. I don't think I've ever had one this "old", I always drink em pretty quick.

Hawks, if you can make it into town when youre here Ill have a super fresh one for ya..
Yeah I think Tuesday is likely going to be the best day for me. Looking forward to it GB!

Yeah I think Tuesday is likely going to be the best day for me. Looking forward to it GB!
Tuesday is perfect. Ill be getting Crank crowlers Monday night, and if Three Palms has anything good Ill pick something up for you to take with you...Brew Hub is the best bet to meet up at even though their prices are a bit on the high side, but they have Toppling Goliath Golden Nugget and Rover Truck on tap right now, as well as a great Brew Hub brewed Citra IPA, and some good Cigar City stuff (Guayabera APA, Cubano Espresso, Maduro, Invasion, Jai Alai, Florida Cracker). Ive also got a bomber of CCB Jolly Ollie with your name on it and am gonna try to make it to Rapp for some Choc Peanut Butter Stout (no guarantees on that one)Edit: Well crap... Brew Hub is closed Mon and Tue...Lakeland Brewery is an option but its average at best...Brass Tap might be a better option unless you wanna meet in Lakeland and we can head to Cigar City for a bit (40 min drive from me)

Tuesday is perfect. Ill be getting Crank crowlers Monday night, and if Three Palms has anything good Ill pick something up for you to take with you...Brew Hub is the best bet to meet up at even though their prices are a bit on the high side, but they have Toppling Goliath Golden Nugget and Rover Truck on tap right now, as well as a great Brew Hub brewed Citra IPA, and some good Cigar City stuff (Guayabera APA, Cubano Espresso, Maduro, Invasion, Jai Alai, Florida Cracker). Ive also got a bomber of CCB Jolly Ollie with your name on it and am gonna try to make it to Rapp for some Choc Peanut Butter Stout (no guarantees on that one)Edit: Well crap... Brew Hub is closed Mon and Tue...Lakeland Brewery is an option but its average at best...Brass Tap might be a better option unless you wanna meet in Lakeland and we can head to Cigar City for a bit (40 min drive from me)
Let's plan on Brass Tap if that's closer, looking at an hour or so drive as it is to get out there. And how on earth can a bar (?) be closed on Monday and Tuesdays? We could do Thu night if that's good for you, then we can hit Brew Hub.

Jesus, Lakeland Brewing Co is closed Tue too (the only day they're closed)...WTF.

Thu would be better IMO...Brew Hub is the best local place and you can get a great flight...Brass Tap is just a bar with a good selection...but whatever day works best for you is cool, I'll have some good local stuff regardless of where we meet up.

Jesus, Lakeland Brewing Co is closed Tue too (the only day they're closed)...WTF.

Thu would be better IMO...Brew Hub is the best local place and you can get a great flight...Brass Tap is just a bar with a good selection...but whatever day works best for you is cool, I'll have some good local stuff regardless of where we meet up.
Excellent...I'll text you on Mon and let you know for sure but we'll target Thu.

Im sick for the first time in like a year and a half...laying off all beer until this crud gets the F out of me, so Im living vicariously through this thread for the next few days.

:kicksrock:

I thought there was some kind of incredible antioxidant and healing power in hops. Especially in citra due to the high volume of vitamin C. You may want to rethink this....

If that fails I know tequila works.

I thought there was some kind of incredible antioxidant and healing power in hops. Especially in citra due to the high volume of vitamin C. You may want to rethink this....

If that fails I know tequila works.
Your theory intrigues me, and Id like to subscribe to your newsletter. TIA.

So glad Fresh Squeezed has made it's way to SE Michigan. This is my favorite "new" IPA in awhile. So delicious.

I really want a nice big DIPA but getting up at 5am for my son's swim meet will be the suck if I do....might have to just go Furious or Grapefruit Sculpin

Just cracked a bomber of Three Palms Brew Baby Milk Stout...7.6% ABV and pretty damn good.

^lol

Hows the Ocelot Blueberry Imperial Berliner and Nelson DIPA?
I haven't had them yet! Tapped while I've been gone. I'll be back Wednesday. From what I've heard that DIPA is incredible.

Grand Opening is the 23rd. Drive on up. I know you like beer road trips.

lol thats too far for a beer road trip...I had a girlfriend in Charlotte that made the trips worth it...

I should have waited a few more days, woke up feeling sick again. Gonna lay off beer again until I feel 100%.

Wingnut said:
lol thats too far for a beer road trip...I had a girlfriend in Charlotte that made the trips worth it...

I should have waited a few more days, woke up feeling sick again. Gonna lay off beer again until I feel 100%.
That's quitter talk. Try the tequilaprofen.

Yesterday - from my favorite Minnesota brewery and in honor of their state's NHL club, Surly Overrated

Tonight another Overrated and a Pipeworks Amarillo. Pipeworks just kills it.

Time for Tallgrass Ethos IPA I think

Wingnut - Do you know if Tocabaga Red is still available in cans over on the West Coast? It has dissapeared over here even though the CCB website says it is in regular production. One store told me that it was now seasonal and another one said they had recalled them all due to leaking cans and have now shifted production to Brewhub so we wouldn't see any for a couple months?

Wingnut - Do you know if Tocabaga Red is still available in cans over on the West Coast? It has dissapeared over here even though the CCB website says it is in regular production. One store told me that it was now seasonal and another one said they had recalled them all due to leaking cans and have now shifted production to Brewhub so we wouldn't see any for a couple months?
I haven't seen any in quite a while. Haven't heard anything about it either.

Cigar City Jai Alai was a very pleasant surprise while in Orlando.

Good call wingnut

Ugh...just started antibiotics, hopefully they will knock this sick out of me so I can start enjoying beer again.

Spent a long day yesterday with a bunch of IPAs. Community Beer Works That IPA, a bunch of Founders All Day, Lagunitas Daytime, and so on.

2nd sixer of Not Your Father's Root Beer........Must try if you get the opportunity.

Other than that, just been enjoying some Oberon, Dale's Pale Ale and Arrogant *******.

Users who are viewing this thread