What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

On a layover at the Charlotte airport scanning for something decent to level up my untappd airport badge when I spot a can of Hop Drop n Roll. New airport, and a new beer I've always wanted to try. Canned in 5/5? Whoa. Perfect. Except they don't sell alcohol untl 7am, right when I start boarding. ####. Now I have to wait by the beer and get some chugging done...

On a layover at the Charlotte airport scanning for something decent to level up my untappd airport badge when I spot a can of Hop Drop n Roll. New airport, and a new beer I've always wanted to try. Canned in 5/5? Whoa. Perfect. Except they don't sell alcohol untl 7am, right when I start boarding. ####. Now I have to wait by the beer and get some chugging done...
Ha. And they don't let you leave that market area where you buy the can. Happy chugging

Ha. And they don't let you leave that market area where you buy the can. Happy chugging
Oh ####. It's a full terminal over too.

Oh ####. It's a full terminal over too.
There's a wine bar in the main lobby that has HDR as well as Bad Daddy's in Terminal B. Dunno what time they open. Good luck!

Anyone ever have Knee Deep Citra Extra Pale Ale? Debating on getting a growler of it but saw some mediocre reviews.

Sebowski said:
Steve Tasker said:
The Beer Spot annual party this weekend in Indianapolis :wub:
Suppose to have 3 Ocelot beers, but 2 of the growlers broke on Tang's ride home. :( I wish I was in town to ship replacements.
Yeah I heard, shame. Oh well, still excited to try the other one.

Anyone ever have Knee Deep Citra Extra Pale Ale? Debating on getting a growler of it but saw some mediocre reviews.
Ive only had their Simtra Triple IPA, it was really good. The Citra XPA is rated 3.84 on BeerAdvocate, so its probably good but nothing special.

Love me some HDR. Stopped into NoDa last time I was in Charlotte and brought back a flat.

http://i.imgur.com/vKkUTTr.jpg

Shorts Freedom of 78 courtesy of ilov80s

Shorts hums Luma licious courtesy of ilov80s

Dark horse smells like weed courtesy of ilov80s

Dugarde bu weisse

Cantillion iris

Cantillion vigneronne

Cantillion grand cru bruocsella

Olde hickory omega point

Amongst others

Going up...on a Wednesday...

Witches Hay TrainHopper

NoDa Hop Drop n Roll (thanks Palmer)

They taste similar but there is a quality I can't pick up on that makes the NoDa clearly more delicious. I'm really excited to finally have it HD&R and it doesn't disappoint.

Still ultra-impressed by anything Hangar 24. Love the Betty IPA. Love their Orange Wheat (although I cap 'em at 2-3 in a sitting) and now I've also tried the Summer Belgian and really like it too.

Planning a brewery tour for my birthday in July.

Westbrook IPA... Thank you Palmer! Another delicious IPA. I really like the malt/hop balance on this one. The Carolinas are putting out some good beers.

Cheers man. I drink both those beers all the time. Definitely my two favorite IPAs that I can get fresh regionally. Hop drop has that dank stickiness to it that I just love in an IPA.

Of the three hoppy beers you sent the general consensus was Smells Like Weed 1, Freedom of 78 2, and Huma 3. Everyone enjoyed all 3. Thanks dude!!

Cheers man. I drink both those beers all the time. Definitely my two favorite IPAs that I can get fresh regionally. Hop drop has that dank stickiness to it that I just love in an IPA.

Of the three hoppy beers you sent the general consensus was Smells Like Weed 1, Freedom of 78 2, and Huma 3. Everyone enjoyed all 3. Thanks dude!!
Glad to hear you guys liked them. I'm sharing the ipas with my friends this weekend. Based on my trial today, I know they will love them.

What are the best Carolina beers? Like the white whales of the region? These beers have me very interested in the region. It's one I haven't explored enough.

A new brewery opened in my neck of the woods and I don't want to name names because I haven't had the beer yet, but the pictures alone were disappointing. I showed them to my friends and compared them to another new brewery (Ocelot, maybe you have heard of it). The comparisons aren't even close. What non beer related tourist attractions might I find in that area of the country?

Hanging out with Hawks (Tony) and his wife Allison at Brew Hub in Lakeland....good friggin times!

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the best Carolina beers? Like the white whales of the region? These beers have me very interested in the region. It's one I haven't explored enough.
- wicked weed sours- westbrook BA beers and sours

- green man sours

- Olde hickory BA beers
Also, don't sleep on these:NoDa Hop Drop & Roll, CocoLoco, Jam Session, CAVU

Birdsong Jalapeño Pale Ale

Foothills Jade IPA

Coast Brewing Hop Art IPA, Boy King DIPA

At Brew Hub tonight:

Cigar City Cubano Espresso, Cigar City Hornswoggled Red Nitro, Brew Hub Inside Joke IPA, Toppling Goliath Golden Nugget IPA, Toppling Goliath Rover Truck, Cigar City Table Saison.

Westbrook IPA... Thank you Palmer! Another delicious IPA. I really like the malt/hop balance on this one. The Carolinas are putting out some good beers.
Love me some Carolina beers!
We need to trade, I'm dying to get some Florida beers sometime.
Anytime, bro!
Give me a list of Miichigan beers/styles you are interested in and I will hook you up.
Hoppy, non-malty beers and sours. And Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge. Lol

Love me some Carolina beers!
We need to trade, I'm dying to get some Florida beers sometime.
Anytime, bro!
Give me a list of Miichigan beers/styles you are interested in and I will hook you up.
Hoppy, non-malty beers and sours. And Cuvée Des Jacobins Rouge. Lol
Year I can get Jacobins and hoppy ipas. I feel a summer trade coming on.

Hanging out with Hawks (Tony) and his wife Allison at Brew Hub in Lakeland....good friggin times!
Hanging out with Hawks and his wife Allison at Brew Hub in Lakeland....good friggin times!
Jealous.
A lot of fun, too bad you had to leave so soon! just got back to Orlando....any FBG that is in Orlando/Tampa need to set some time aside to hang with Wing...good peoples!! BrewHub was great but Beer Revolution was awesome, bottle shop that has 6 pulls and fills growlers. Man I wish the bottle shops by me had drafts and would fill growlers...stupid IL liquor laws.

Will post some more tomorrow or this weekend once I am home. Thanks again Wing....great time and awesome to break my cornhole cherry w/you!

Hanging out with Hawks and his wife Allison at Brew Hub in Lakeland....good friggin times!
Jealous.
A lot of fun, too bad you had to leave so soon! just got back to Orlando....any FBG that is in Orlando/Tampa need to set some time aside to hang with Wing...good peoples!! BrewHub was great but Beer Revolution was awesome, bottle shop that has 6 pulls and fills growlers. Man I wish the bottle shops by me had drafts and would fill growlers...stupid IL liquor laws.Will post some more tomorrow or this weekend once I am home. Thanks again Wing....great time and awesome to break my cornhole cherry w/you!
Yeah, man...great meeting and hanging with y'all...next time we will hang in TB and hit some great beer/food spots...Safe tavels and let me know how you like those beers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread