Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

A new brewery opened in my neck of the woods and I don't want to name names because I haven't had the beer yet, but the pictures alone were disappointing. I showed them to my friends and compared them to another new brewery (Ocelot, maybe you have heard of it). The comparisons aren't even close. What non beer related tourist attractions might I find in that area of the country?

Thanks. We took a lot of pride in to our tasting room. It is a huge part of our business model. That said, everything is such a balance with your budget and model. Sometimes it makes sense to invest in the tasting room, and sometimes not so much. We will end up living and dying by our tasting room business while other places will live and die by their shelf space at the local Piggly Wiggly. Different strokes... Hopefully their beer is good and you have a local place to support.

Split a barrel aged Speedway with a friend tonight.

Did I send you that one? Love that beer.

Not that particular bottle, but you did send a few big AleSmiths. Great Brewery. I'm still helping my friend clear out his cellar and that's what we chose last night. He starts his new job at the Breuery in June and just learned the first order of business is a trip to SD to tour a dozen breweries.

• Like 1

OK, so one more before I go to bed - A Beer Named Sue, a Lacto sour Florida Weiss with prickly pear...a collab between Cigar City/Cycle/7venth Sun/J Wakefield...this beer is fantastic, and the color is nothing short of amazing - it looks like sparkling ruby red grapefruit juice - and delicious. Awesome sourness with subtle sweetness underneath from the prickly pear...I could drink this all day.

http://i.imgur.com/gWA1Xd1.jpg

This beer was strictly limited, only presold online with a limit of 2 per person. I think there were only around 500 bottles released...I'm gonna sit on my other one for a while.

Edited by Wingnut

A new brewery opened in my neck of the woods and I don't want to name names because I haven't had the beer yet, but the pictures alone were disappointing. I showed them to my friends and compared them to another new brewery (Ocelot, maybe you have heard of it). The comparisons aren't even close. What non beer related tourist attractions might I find in that area of the country?

Thanks. We took a lot of pride in to our tasting room. It is a huge part of our business model. That said, everything is such a balance with your budget and model. Sometimes it makes sense to invest in the tasting room, and sometimes not so much. We will end up living and dying by our tasting room business while other places will live and die by their shelf space at the local Piggly Wiggly. Different strokes... Hopefully their beer is good and you have a local place to support.

Yeah, I'm open minded on the beer. I really want it to be good.

Had to miss the Sour, Berliner Weisse & Lambic Festival at Cajun Cafe on the Bayou in St Pete today, theres a bunch of great breweries and beer there today, as well as amazing food from CCOTB :angry: I hear Redlight Redlight (out of Orlando) has a Miso Gose that is stealing the show.

Drinking a Crank after a long day on the water fishing in Bradenton, and have a few lined up for later...

At the festival today:

Around a 150+ fine sour ales to taste

JJ Taylor Distribution 20 bottles plus
Browns Distribution 20 bottles plus
Great Bay Distribution bottles and kegs
Progressive Distribution 30 plus bottles
Cavalier Distributing kegs and bottles
Microman Distributors kegs and 20 plus bottles
Green Bench Brewing
Funky Buddha Brewery
Coppertail Brewing
Cigar City Brewing
Cigar City Cider & Mead
Darwin Brewing Co
Rapp Brewing
Founders Brewing Co
7th Sun Brewing
Angry Chair Brewing
Proof Brewing Co
Tomoka Brewing
NOLA brewing
MIA Brewing Co
Redlight Redlight Beer Parlour & Brewery
Arkane Aleworks
Hidden Springs Ale Works
Point Ybel Brewing Co
Overflow Brewing
Hoods Up Brewery
Bastet Brewing
Wild Oak Artisan Ales
Gravity Brewlab
Sahtipaja Brewery
Late Start Brewing
Dan Raynes
Josh Brengle/Andre Guionnaud
Willards Tap House
Suncoast Barley Mashers
Dunedin Brewers Guild
Special Hoperations
Tampa Bay BEERS
PUBGuild

Edited by Wingnut

Hawks, not sure if you saw or were aware but Half Acre is releasing Vallejo in cans for summer. I think they even gave some out at the Galactic Double Daisy Cutter release.

Last night kept it tame. Had a Pipeworks Pacifica vs Motueka. Not a hop bomb by any means but a really good beer nonetheless. Easy as hell to drink.

Points Unknown IPA - eh, this was underwhelming to me. It's what it's described is but it comes off super malty. Is complex tho.

2015 Prairie Bomb - always good and now locally distributed, woo

2015 KBS - courtesy of ilov80s. Thanks buddy! Always great. Much better than bomb to me. I love this beer.

I had 9 of those miller lite can-bottles by the beach and then we had vokka and lommonade at the pool and I ate weed cookies and I grilled holeman & finch burgers (seriously I've got them completely nailed and they're INSANE) and we had corn on the Cobb County Department of Motor Vehicles and my wife passed out and I'm watching mad men hey ho let's go take that to the bank bromalamadingdong

• Like 1

Points Unknown IPA - eh, this was underwhelming to me. It's what it's described is but it comes off super malty. Is complex tho.

2015 Prairie Bomb - always good and now locally distributed, woo

2015 KBS - courtesy of ilov80s. Thanks buddy! Always great. Much better than bomb to me. I love this beer.

Glad you enjoyed the KBS. Had another HD&R today. So good!

Not for nothing, I ####### live you guys. I really do. I mean it's crazy when you realize oh this all stared from fantasy football. And you're like wow these guys are all these different dudes from everywhere but they're analytical because that's what FF/poker/gambling is so you've got that common sensibili

• Like 1

Not for nothing, I ####### live you guys. I really do. I mean it's crazy when you realize oh this all stared from fantasy football. And you're like wow these guys are all these different dudes from everywhere but they're analytical because that's what FF/poker/gambling is so you've got that common sensibili

Ditto.

Hawks, not sure if you saw or were aware but Half Acre is releasing Vallejo in cans for summer. I think they even gave some out at the Galactic Double Daisy Cutter release.

Last night kept it tame. Had a Pipeworks Pacifica vs Motueka. Not a hop bomb by any means but a really good beer nonetheless. Easy as hell to drink.

Yeah I knew about Vallejo in cans, I had heard mid to late May. The downside of being in Florida this week was missing out on Galactic :kicksrock: Bombers sold out on Friday and Growlers were tapped at noon on Sat. I wasn't down in the city until 2pm...:kicksrock:

I did get a Pacifica vs Motueka though.

Today started off with an Invasion from CCB, two Vallejos at Piece and finished with one of the crowlers of Crank..great beer day for me!

Ditto.

:goodposting: Never thought my first cornhole would be because of this thread! Next up a cornhole at Half Acre/Rev/Lagunitas/FFF with the Chicago guys from this thread.

Oh any Chicago guys want any Toppling Goliath I will be heading to Iowa on Friday and coming back on Sunday. Would be happy to pick up something if you want.

Ahem

And Im just throwing this out there...if King Sue happens to be on tap when you go, and you feel like sending a growler down to FL, by all means go with that thought. lol.

TG posted on FB a few days ago that they just sent bombers of KS into local distro in Iowa and have a few kegs about ready to tap, but no word on exactly when...They may have Golden Nugget dry hooped with Equinox on when you go, you gotta try and report if they do.

Oh any Chicago guys want any Toppling Goliath I will be heading to Iowa on Friday and coming back on Sunday. Would be happy to pick up something if you want.

Ahem

Send me a PM with what you are looking for...if I find I'll get it for you.

Ahem

And Im just throwing this out there...if King Sue happens to be on tap when you go, and you feel like sending a growler down to FL, by all means go with that thought. lol.

TG posted on FB a few days ago that they just sent bombers of KS into local distro in Iowa and have a few kegs about ready to tap, but no word on exactly when...They may have Golden Nugget dry hooped with Equinox on when you go, you gotta try and report if they do.

That was a very good beer! BrewHub is such a cool place, glad I was able to make it out there.

Ahem

That was a very good beer! BrewHub is such a cool place, glad I was able to make it out there.
Me too...its nice to finally have a couple of decent places locally.

I'm excited to hear that Pipeworks is supposed to start regular distribution to Colorado by the end of June via Tivoli Distributing Co. I hope we get some of those limited releases that you Chicago FBGs are always raving about.

• Like 1

I'm excited to hear that Pipeworks is supposed to start regular distribution to Colorado by the end of June via Tivoli Distributing Co. I hope we get some of those limited releases that you Chicago FBGs are always raving about.

Seems that the local allotments have decreased since they announced distro to NY.

2nd sixer of Not Your Father's Root Beer........Must try if you get the opportunity.

trying this now.

this is crazy. tastes like good root beer, and it has booze in it. :thumbup:

If you can find it on tap it's 10 or 11% and tastes the same.