Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?

Cigar City Cubano Espresso....maybe the best coffee forward beer Ive ever had. I hate coffee but love this beer,

Checked it out and it's a brown, not the usual coffee stout. Sounds good, but I like my coffee beers dark and heavy on the coffee. I am curious how a fan of rich coffe stouts would find it.

When we trade Ill send you some. I think youll love it. Looks like a damn stout. Ask Hawks, he tried it when he was here.
Nice, I'd love to end up around those parts someday. I feel like we could get into some trouble.

A place in Sarasota is having an Alpine tap takeover in July...

http://www.sarasotacraftbeer.com/event/alpine-beer-company-draft-takeover/

Then this was posted over at BA:

Alpine will be hitting Florida in July. Look out for events all over the state. One time release until we open the new brewery in VA Beach next year.

Cheers!
Luis

:pickle:

• Like 1

I usually stick to Michigan beers and a few other US micros but I know my local beer store has a pretty nice international selection

Any recommendations?

I've always been partial to pretty much any of the standard German offerings - Ayinger, Schneider, Paulaner, Spaten, etc. Ayinger in particular, I don't think I've ever had a bad Ayinger beer and I often grab a bottle when I'm at the store along with the US stuff. I can't quit it.

Also recommend Dieu du Ciel and Unibroue, both from Quebec, if you can find them. Can't really go wrong with Belgian beers, trappist stuff, etc., if that's your style.

And call be crazy, but I will always be a sucker for a cheap light Mexican beer. Give me a Pacifico or Modelo Especial any day of the wek. You probably didn't want those recommendations though.

A place in Sarasota is having an Alpine tap takeover in July...

http://www.sarasotacraftbeer.com/event/alpine-beer-company-draft-takeover/

Then this was posted over at BA:

Alpine will be hitting Florida in July. Look out for events all over the state. One time release until we open the new brewery in VA Beach next year.

Cheers!

Luis

:pickle:

For folks in PA, Duet is on tap at several places in and around Philadelphia and Nelson and Hoppy Birthday currently on tap at one place.

Had a 12 Bourbon County, Raspberry Truffle Abduction and Makueka vs Pacifica (which wasn't very hoppy, but was sweet and fruity, really cool ipa). Throw in a bunch of other ipas and wine with dinner. Boy did I end up loaded. Lots of inappropriate dancing with the wife and her friends.

More in Alpine/Green Flash from a post at BA:

I'm privledged to be a brand ambassador for GF and got to spend some time with Mike Hinkley last weekend. GF brews a small amount of Alpine at their facility in SD and will brew it here in VA once they open in the first qtr of 2016. They are hopefully breaking ground within the next month.

After the brewery opens, they will look to build Cellar 3 and their sour building as well. Everything they are doing in CA, they will eventually do in VA Beach. After talking to Mr. Hinkley, he hinted that they would brew the "rarer" Alpine barrel-aged beers here as well. I can only cross my fingers for that

I just found a couple bottles of Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout at a brewpub in my hometown in Georgia. Definitely an unexpected and exciting find for me.

I had some other great beers this weekend, some of which I broke out of my cellar for the funeral of the brother of one of my best friends (who is a huge craft beer aficionado like myself that loves bourbon barrel-aged beers):

Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee

Firestone Walker Parabola (2014)

Avery Bourbon Barrel Tweak

Avery Insula Multos Collibus sour ale aged in bourbon barrels with cherries

Sweetwater Hop Hash imperial IPA

Founders Breakfast Stout

Red Brick Imperial Stout aged in oak barrels

Sweetwater 420

Terrapin Mosaic IPA

Terrapin Hopsecutioner

More in Alpine/Green Flash from a post at BA:

I'm privledged to be a brand ambassador for GF and got to spend some time with Mike Hinkley last weekend. GF brews a small amount of Alpine at their facility in SD and will brew it here in VA once they open in the first qtr of 2016. They are hopefully breaking ground within the next month.

After the brewery opens, they will look to build Cellar 3 and their sour building as well. Everything they are doing in CA, they will eventually do in VA Beach. After talking to Mr. Hinkley, he hinted that they would brew the "rarer" Alpine barrel-aged beers here as well. I can only cross my fingers for that

Ugh. This is such a weird thing to be saying. They've only repeated a couple barrel aged beers once themselves. And their fruited sours have all been hand cut fruits. No way they do that on a bigger scale. Not to say they will be worse. In fact on some of them there is room for improvement. But, they won't be the same beers, and I'm afraid they are starting to exploit the Alpine name as much they can at this point.

TL:DR Hope they make good beer no matter what they call it.

Cigar City Cubano Espresso....maybe the best coffee forward beer Ive ever had. I hate coffee but love this beer,

Checked it out and it's a brown, not the usual coffee stout. Sounds good, but I like my coffee beers dark and heavy on the coffee. I am curious how a fan of rich coffe stouts would find it.

When we trade Ill send you some. I think youll love it. Looks like a damn stout. Ask Hawks, he tried it when he was here.

It was very good, I think it can stand up against a stout flavor wise.

So on way to my buddies place in Iowa hit a couple of places that carry Toppling Goliath and then called all the rest in Iowa City. It's incredibly hard to find in Iowa, like when they get a shipment in it's gone within 2-3 hours tops. Was pretty disappointed to find that out. Really happy that I was able to get some Sue from Wing and got to have some Golden Nugget while hanging with him since I couldn't find any.

I did happen to find some Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker which is an excellent session beer as well as some Boulevard Pop Up Session IPA which was also excellent.

So on way to my buddies place in Iowa hit a couple of places that carry Toppling Goliath and then called all the rest in Iowa City. It's incredibly hard to find in Iowa, like when they get a shipment in it's gone within 2-3 hours tops. Was pretty disappointed to find that out. Really happy that I was able to get some Sue from Wing and got to have some Golden Nugget while hanging with him since I couldn't find any.

I did happen to find some Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker which is an excellent session beer as well as some Boulevard Pop Up Session IPA which was also excellent.

Didn't get a chance to hit the brewery? That sucks! I've heard of the Citra Sunshine, some places in Tampa have it...its on my list.

Didn't get a chance to hit the brewery? That sucks! I've heard of the Citra Sunshine, some places in Tampa have it...its on my list.

Brewery is about ~250 miles out of the way and no way to make the trip go through there without turning a 4.5 hour drive into about 8.5-9 hour drive.

Brewery is about ~250 miles out of the way and no way to make the trip go through there without turning a 4.5 hour drive into about 8.5-9 hour drive.
Oh wow, I thought you were going close to Decorah.

Oh wow, I thought you were going close to Decorah.

Went through Iowa City and Davenport which has about 10 places that carry TG, figured it was bigger than it is. Only a 30Bbl brewery, which explains why it's so hard to come by. Didn't know that before I tried to find it.

Back in the day, Toppling Goliath used to have no lines at Great Taste of the Midwest. Must have been 2011 or 2012, they had Mornin' Delight pouring and not a single person was in line. I remember getting multiple pours and thinking it was the best beer of the entire festival....the only reason I even tried it is because my buddy was friends with the brewer from their days on BA together....I'd never even heard of the brewery, and apparently no one else had either.

Amazing to see how far they've come.

WINGUT (or anyone else) - What do you know about Due South? One of the few breweries I have not had that will be showing up here at Philly Beer Week.

Up and comer in FL. I've only had the Cat 3 IPA, it was decent. Not in distro where I'm at, so I don't know whats regularly available. Hawks tried the Cat 5 IPA when he was here, he said its pretty malty.

I'm at Cigar City, just picked up my limit (3) bombers of the just released Lacto Blackberry Grove Sour (8.8% ABV)...I'm a HUGE fan of their Lacto series. As good as any sours I've had. Finishing up a flight of Cask Tony Jannus APA dry hopped w/cascade, Xenu honey cream ale, Cold Brew Coffee Red Ale, and Home front IPA.

Gonna have a Vanilla Maduro before I hit the road. And maybe a fresh Jai Alai (Lol j/k Hawks). Also just found out they'll be canning a batch of Tocobaga Hoppy Red next week. I haven't seen it in months, its my 2nd favorite core behind JA.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 1

WINGUT (or anyone else) - What do you know about Due South? One of the few breweries I have not had that will be showing up here at Philly Beer Week.

Try the Cat 3 and Cat 5 if you can. I didn't try the 3 but had the 5 and like Wing said it's a bit malty and not what I like in a DIPA but some do.

Place in town had a KBS tapping and there's barely anyone here. I wish I didn't have work early as I could only get 2 seven ounce pours. No way they finish that keg tonight.

Celebrating an amazingly successful Prom with Weatbrook IPA from Palmer and Grapefruit Sculpin. Awesome night, four years of hard work helping the kids raise money to throw a ridiculous party.