What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

PW Crimson Snapper being bottled today....distro set for Monday. :blackdot:

this was ####### awesome the first time out.

Hops for Heroes Homefront IPA. Cool beer. Hops, grains, Louisville Slugger Maple Bats (to age it on), and cans are all donated, and all proceeds go to military based charities. 10 breweries from all across the country participate, including Cigar City, Left Hand, Stone, and Revolution (which brewed the can I'm drinking). Its not quite as woody as the draft I had at Cigar City.

Its decent, and drinking it supports a great cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikkeller Simcoe IPA...wow, this is a malt bomb...not getting any simcoe....couldnt pour it without foam taking up 75% of the glass...maybe a bad can? :shrug:

Love trying beers from new breweries though, and this is my first from them.

Mikkeller Simcoe IPA...wow, this is a malt bomb...not getting any simcoe....couldnt pour it without foam taking up 75% of the glass...maybe a bad can? :shrug:

So you wouldn't recommend? I was thinking of giving this a shot but at $5.99 per 12 oz bottle...eh.

So you wouldn't recommend? I was thinking of giving this a shot but at $5.99 per 12 oz bottle...eh.
$6 a 12oz bottle?! I seriously have to think my can was bad, reviews on BA are all over the place, there must be an issue...I won't bother reviewing it until I try another.

ETA: Mikkeller is a Dutch brewery, and the beer is brewed for them in the US...this makes more sense now.

New Holland Tasmanian Hatter. I usually find their beers to be just ok, but I like this one a lot. Maybe it's just the Nelson hops (which I don't find too often), but this is really drinkable. I wish the hops had a bit more pop, but the profile is right on.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager. First time having it and I really like it. I haven't had anything from Sierra Nevada that I don't like.
One of us is wrong (hint: it's not me)
Hey! Let's take what could be a decent lager and throw in a bunch of unnecessary hops and #### it up!
I just said that I liked it. It's not the greatest beer ever. I do agree with you that it is a little hoppy for a lager.

Wanna hug it out?

Sierra Nevada Summerfest Lager. First time having it and I really like it. I haven't had anything from Sierra Nevada that I don't like.
Hey! Let's take what could be a decent lager and throw in a bunch of unnecessary hops and #### it up!
I just said that I liked it. It's not the greatest beer ever. I do agree with you that it is a little hoppy for a lager.

Wanna hug it out?
:suds:

$6 a 12oz bottle?! I seriously have to think my can was bad, reviews on BA are all over the place, there must be an issue...I won't bother reviewing it until I try another.

ETA: Mikkeller is a Dutch brewery, and the beer is brewed for them in the US...this makes more sense now.
I lied. It was the Mosaic imperial. Still might give it a shot because mosaic is generally great. I thought Mikkeller was Danish. Same difference.

Kind of ticked that I am not drinking Crimson Snapper on tap right now...oh well. They put that on after Revolution Cafe Deth kicked pretty quickly.

Place not too far away has Galactic Double Daisy on tap.

It is a good time to love beer. So much local good.

Wow, my other ones were nothing like that at all. Weird.

Really? It's in cans out by me. Bright green. I liked it, really surprised by what happened with Wings.

I lied. It was the Mosaic imperial. Still might give it a shot because mosaic is generally great. I thought Mikkeller was Danish. Same difference.

Kind of ticked that I am not drinking Crimson Snapper on tap right now...oh well. They put that on after Revolution Cafe Deth kicked pretty quickly.

Where is the GDD on tap at?

I lied. It was the Mosaic imperial. Still might give it a shot because mosaic is generally great. I thought Mikkeller was Danish. Same difference. Kind of ticked that I am not drinking Crimson Snapper on tap right now...oh well. They put that on after Revolution Cafe Deth kicked pretty quickly.

Great point. We are living in the greatest time and place for beer in human history.

Knee Deep Hoptologist DIPA. Good, not great. Was hoping for some of their other beers, which were listed on the beer shop's site, but I guess they sold out.

I will see that for a 9% beer, it is pretty clean and not overly sweet or with a syrupy mouth feel. Interested in trying their other double and triple IPAs.
I've had their Simtra Triple IPA (11.25%), and it was one of the best high ABV IPAs I've had. Super hoppy and not too malty. Dangerous drinkability for 11+%.
Knee Deep Lupulin River bomber. This is really nice. Great bitterness and with lots of grapefruit notes. Loving it.

Was able to get the Simtra also, but after already having a bomber of 75 minute IPA, will probably tap out for the night.

I've been completely sucked in by Old Fashioneds.

Herman Marshall Rye, simple syrup, bitters... hot damn.

eta - it is the beer thread but #### it.

I just said that I liked it. It's not the greatest beer ever. I do agree with you that it is a little hoppy for a lager.Wanna hug it out?
:suds:
:banned:

Wow, my other ones were nothing like that at all. Weird.
I know, weird. When I cracked open the can, I got a long, loud hiss like it would if you shake a can before opening...poured it reaaaaal slow at almost a horizontal angle, and still couldnt control the head. I knew something had to be up with it.

Started drinking early today, was gonna have the Slapshot Citra Madness but Im done for the night...Ill save it for my next night off.

Abyone interested in trading for some Pliny? I'll be in Healdsburg in 10 days and hope to be coming back with some.

I'm at an anniversary party for a brewpub down in Littleton, CO:

Goose Island Bourbon County barleywine (2013)

Lagunitas High West-ified Imperial Coffee Stout

Bruery Anniversary Cuivre old ale aged in bourbon barrels

It's a bourbon barrel-aged Saturday.

Citra Sunshine Slacker. I like the in your face bitterness. Just how I like my session IPAs - no frills, just hops.

Citra Sunshine Slacker. I like the in your face bitterness. Just how I like my session IPAs - no frills, just hops.

And you can drink a ####ton of it. Goes down so easy.

Half Acre Beer Hates Astronauts - Great beer so happy there was plenty available.

Users who are viewing this thread