What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

FFS this is so ####### ridiculous! HA renames Heyoka/Senita AGAIN!! So a google search for Senita and the first page is Half Acre's beer.
As long as the beer stays the same, they can call it #### in a can for all I care.

Speaking of Half Acre, I think today is going to be a Vallejo day. I am tempted to go up to Hailstorm and get a couple of growlers of Captain Serious though. That was some good stuff.

Oh, and regarding your question on Tribes, the Tinley location is probably 10 miles away or so and Mokena is 5 miles away.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS this is so ####### ridiculous! HA renames Heyoka/Senita AGAIN!! So a google search for Senita and the first page is Half Acre's beer.
As long as the beer stays the same, they can call it #### in a can for all I care.

Speaking of Half Acre, I think today is going to be a Vallejo day. I am tempted to go up to Hailstorm and get a couple of growlers of Captain Serious though. That was some good stuff.

Oh, and regarding your question on Tribes, the Tinley location is probably 10 miles away or so and Mokena is 5 miles away.
Have some cans of Vallejo in the fridge now! According to their page Capt Serious not on tap right now.

Have some cans of Vallejo in the fridge now! According to their page Capt Serious not on tap right now.
That page is old. I was in there yesterday afternoon and Captain Serious replaced Prairie Madness on the board. Also, they have a couple of sours and a gose that aren't mentioned on the page either but those aren't my styles. Yet.

That page is old. I was in there yesterday afternoon and Captain Serious replaced Prairie Madness on the board. Also, they have a couple of sours and a gose that aren't mentioned on the page either but those aren't my styles. Yet.
How good is Captain Serious? Good enough to make my wife go get me some today?

Not sure how far away you are. It's good but what you have on hand seems to be pretty damn good too.

It's a west coast pale ale with simcoe, mosaic, and galaxy. I have been finding myself gravitating towards less malty IPA's and this fits the bill.

ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:

Not sure how far away you are. It's good but what you have on hand seems to be pretty damn good too. It's a west coast pale ale with simcoe, mosaic, and galaxy. I have been finding myself gravitating towards less malty IPA's and this fits the bill.
Yeah I prefer IPAs with ad little malt as possible.

ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:

Not sure how far away you are. It's good but what you have on hand seems to be pretty damn good too. It's a west coast pale ale with simcoe, mosaic, and galaxy. I have been finding myself gravitating towards less malty IPA's and this fits the bill.
Went up there and got 2 growlers filled. I asked what was on the horizon and they will be releasing their IPA (Prairie Madness) next week, a Mexican lager and an apricot sour.

They rotate the hops so I asked which they will use this time around. Nelson!!! I think I need a cold shower.

The ubiquitous upper Midwestern summer beer -- Bell's Oberon. Did kick things off with a bomber of Tripel Karmeliet that my wife grabbed for me for Father's Day a few hours ago.

ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:

Went up there and got 2 growlers filled. I asked what was on the horizon and they will be releasing their IPA (Prairie Madness) next week, a Mexican lager and an apricot sour. They rotate the hops so I asked which they will use this time around. Nelson!!! I think I need a cold shower.
So a Nelson IPA next week? Oh man that's not fair I'll have to come out for that one.

ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:
ditka311 said:
Hawks64 said:

Went up there and got 2 growlers filled. I asked what was on the horizon and they will be releasing their IPA (Prairie Madness) next week, a Mexican lager and an apricot sour. They rotate the hops so I asked which they will use this time around. Nelson!!! I think I need a cold shower.
So a Nelson IPA next week? Oh man that's not fair I'll have to come out for that one.
Yep. Thinking Tuesday.

Head Hunter IPA after a Tree House Julius.

Being a beer geek is awesome sometimes. Or all the time. Yeah.

Making plans for a weekend in Miami next month to make the pilgrimage to Funky Buddha, J Wakefield, and Wynwood. Its time.

Can't find the homebrewer thread so I will post it here. Wife got me my freezer/fermentation chamber for father's day. Just bought a temp control unit.

Now I need to find something I want to brew which won't be difficult.

Can't find the homebrewer thread so I will post it here. Wife got me my freezer/fermentation chamber for father's day. Just bought a temp control unit.

Excellent...guessing an IPA? Low Malt?

Lagunitas citrusinensis pale ale
When was that released? #### need to get to the beer store stat.Lagunitas Imperial Coffee Stout aged in Rye Barrels. 12.1% face punch. Soooo good.
Got it today and will probably go back for more tomorrow.

Is that the High Westified? Love that one. Especially at 8.99 or so.
Yep it was the High Westfied. Very good, didn't realize it was a BA when I opened it and didn't realize it was 12.1!

Hawks have you tried MariLime Law?
Yes and I really like it, it seems to be a polarizing one though. You either love it or hate it, not much in between ground on it.
Going go have to get one and give it a try then. Have a Something Hoppy and a couple Da Fuzz in the fridge already. Also got myself an Apocalypse Cow yesterday..what's another IIPA in the fridge?
Put me on the hated side. One of the few drain pours for me. Usually I can power thru it but not this one, I was done after 2 sips.

I gave up on brewing. I need to get all my homebrew stuff together/organized and put it on Craigslist. Im keeping my chest freezer though, it makes a great cellar here in FL, where there are no basements and temps dont get below the mid 70s inside 10 months out of the year, even with a/c.

My wife outdid herself with my annual Father's Day box of beer this year. FW Double DBA, PW Abduction, Coffee abduction, Cherry Abduction and Closer Encounter, Half Acre Quakerbridge, a Stone Vertical, couple big ones from Spiteful, FFF Behemouth, Santas Lil Helper, a Thirsty dog Wulver, Old Horizontal, several others. All massive beers to go in the cellar until next winter, unless we get a cool evening and the mood strikes mr before then.

Reef Donkey at TBBC...gonna hit Cigar City and Coppertail while I'm over here. Decided earlier today that I'm moving to Tampa, gonna start looking at places at the end of the year. Love this city.

At Coppertail, sampling some good beer

Dangerous Frank (Berliner)

Good Ideas (session IPA collab w/Stillwater)

Jenga Smash (IPA collab w/2SP)

Warrant (cherry FL Weiss)

Obey your Thirst (lemon lime FL Weiss)

Fuzzy Farmhouse (Peach saison)

Slow night here...

At Cigar City now having a flight...nothing amazing on tap right now which is rare. Heading to Cycle next for a Prickly Pear FL Weiss draft and then heading home.

The FL Weiss at Cycle was kicked by the time I got there....dammit... They released 2 BA Stouts inbottles earlier today (in addition to a Rye barrel/vanilla bean on Fathers day)...A Coffee Cinnamon BA and a triple BA (aged in 3 Prichard's barrels: Single Malt whiskey, Rye whiskey, and Tennessee Whiskey)...tried the triple barrel on draft and holy #### was it fantastic.

My wife outdid herself with my annual Father's Day box of beer this year. FW Double DBA, PW Abduction, Coffee abduction, Cherry Abduction and Closer Encounter, Half Acre Quakerbridge, a Stone Vertical, couple big ones from Spiteful, FFF Behemouth, Santas Lil Helper, a Thirsty dog Wulver, Old Horizontal, several others. All massive beers to go in the cellar until next winter, unless we get a cool evening and the mood strikes mr before then.
I prefer my PW stouts fresh. They are always good, but if you've never had any of the abductions, I recommend drinking your first ones fresh to gauge how it will stack up against any in the cellar.

Good afternoon/night of drinking:

Copper Kettle Mexican Chocolate Stout

Alpine Duet IPA

Comrade Superpower IPA

Stone Drink By 7/4/15 IPA

Butcherknife Laws Bourbon Barrel-aged IPA

New Belgium/Half Acre Hop Kitchen Avoine IPA

Avery Insula Multos Collibus sour ale with cherries aged in bourbon barrels

I'm pretty sure that one of my local liquor stores has been mispricing their Grapefruit Sculpin lately. Regular Sculpin is $12.99, but Grapefruit Sculpin is only $10.99. I just can't pass up that deal. I've had a few tonight.

I also had an Odell Brombeere blackberry gose.

Users who are viewing this thread