What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

So I got this private message on BA from Sixpoint brewery today:

Hi wingnutter,

Thanks for being a customer of our brews. I am reaching out about a recent review you posted (for Jammer Gose)

(link to review)

Naturally, the review struck us because it is quite negative, and we don't want to let you down (or swing and miss, as you said). That being said, we did take your feedback into consideration, and we have remade this beer and the customer feedback thus far on the second round has been very solid. We would like you to be able to revisit this brew as well as a valued customer. We believe you'll enjoy it!

Would you be interested in revisiting this beer? We can arrange a fresh sample for you.

It may also benefit you for us to explain our intention with the second round, as well as the processes and ingredients for our new beer.

Cheers, and thanks again!
So I wrote back saying Id absolutely be willing to revisit and edit my review accordingly, and in my review I said it wasnt a bad beer, just that it didnt taste like a Gose to me.. He asked for my email and shipping address and said he will get that fresh sample to me right away.

I thought it was a cool gesture and an example of great customer service...Ill definitely give them a few upticks for the customer service alone, I just hope the beer is better this time around.

:thumbup:
Wow, this was delivered from Sixpoint today:

http://i.imgur.com/wPn69HI.jpg?1

Thats pretty awesome. :banned:

Having an after dinner Sixpoint Bengali IPA., Its actually not bad at all....a super bitter blast without a lot of malt, which I like. I wouldnt say its great but its good.

The Six Point 3Beans is very good. My biggest complaint is their packaging gives very little clue what the style is, just some cryptic descriptions (unlike the boxes in wingnut's pic).

I had a solid weekend of drinking in Kentucky over Fourth of July weekend. Here are some highlights:

Founders Breakfast Stout

Three Floyds Apocalypse Cow imperial IPA

Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf imperial IPA

Bell's Two Hearted Ale

Bell's Special Double Cream Stout

West Sixth Heller Heaven imperial IPA (my favorite new beer discovery of the weekend)

Brew Kettle Old 21 imperial IPA

Dark Horse Smells Like a Safety Meeting IPA

I also grabbed a couple bottles of Deschutes the Dissident and Sierra Nevada Barrel-Aged Bigfoot barleywine, which I brought back to Colorado with me.

Shiz balls, I need investors! The 64oz growler finally got legalized in FL, time to open a store catering to that method of consumption...downtown Winter Park is just the type of community where such a thing could thrive

Also, I need to buy me a few growlers for home rotation

Creature Comforts "Tropicalia". This is a brewery out of Athens ga. Tropicalia is an IPA. It's my favorite IPA besides sculpin. Not too hoppy, kind of a fruity bitterness to it but not too strong. It's an awesome beer, and I think this brewery is going to be the next big thing in the south. Liquor stores sell out 30 minutes after receiving their deliveries.
I really liked that beer but wish it had a little more bitterness. Their Athena (berliner) was fan-#######g-tastic IMO. As good as Ive had. Wish I had got more than one can,
my favorite watering hole has the Athena on tap right now. I am not a fan, but I don't like sour beers to begin with.

Sculpin is till the #1 IPA for me, but Tropicalia is a solid #2.

Creature Comforts "Tropicalia". This is a brewery out of Athens ga. Tropicalia is an IPA. It's my favorite IPA besides sculpin. Not too hoppy, kind of a fruity bitterness to it but not too strong. It's an awesome beer, and I think this brewery is going to be the next big thing in the south. Liquor stores sell out 30 minutes after receiving their deliveries.
I really liked that beer but wish it had a little more bitterness. Their Athena (berliner) was fan-#######g-tastic IMO. As good as Ive had. Wish I had got more than one can,
my favorite watering hole has the Athena on tap right now. I am not a fan, but I don't like sour beers to begin with.

Sculpin is till the #1 IPA for me, but Tropicalia is a solid #2.
Yeah, you kinda need to like sours to enjoy a good berliner.

I'm in northern Alabama for the week for work (which I kind of expected to be a beer wasteland), but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I'm at this place in Birmingham called Hop City, which has 60 beers on tap combined with a solid bottle shop and growler fills for any beer on tap. Here is what I've had:

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break Natale with cherries

Straight to Ale Gorillanaut imperial IPA (quite good)

Good People Snake Handler imperial IPA

Cahaba Imperial Oka Uba IPA

I'm in northern Alabama for the week for work (which I kind of expected to be a beer wasteland), but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I'm at this place in Birmingham called Hop City, which has 60 beers on tap combined with a solid bottle shop and growler fills for any beer on tap. Here is what I've had:

Ive been wanting to try that Snake Handler...is it in bottles or cans, or draft only?

Ive been wanting to try that Snake Handler...is it in bottles or cans, or draft only?
I had it on draft, but I think it is available in cans as well, although I didn't see it available in their liquor store. The Snake Handler was solid, but I thought the Gorillanaut was significantly better. The Gorillanaut was a real hop bomb that they claimed to be 200+ IBUs, so my pallet could have been blown by the time I tried the Snake Handler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd Side Bean Flicker. Meh.
I don't think I have ever had an Oddside that was better than meh. Liberty Street Purple Mountain Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter. Like most of their beers, good, but nothing special. I wish my local place had something close to Crank.

Wow. Cool. Doesn't seem like that long ago that Alabama thought just Bud. Miller, and Coors drink pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoTJzh13n8

Wow. Cool. Doesn't seem like that long ago that Alabama thought just Bud. Miller, and Coors drink pretty good.

Isn't stone opening something in Alabama?

Odd Side Bean Flicker. Meh.
I don't think I have ever had an Oddside that was better than meh. Liberty Street Purple Mountain Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter. Like most of their beers, good, but nothing special. I wish my local place had something close to Crank.
I'd say they're consistently good, nothing great though. I like a lot of their artwork

The bean flicker is one that just isn't my thing though

So my BIL works for a big liquor distributor and they have been distributing more and more craft beer, and when a bottle or can breaks they sell the whole case to the employees for 10 bucks. Just got a case of Ale Asylum Velveteen Habit for 10. Happens all the time and they carry Ballast Point. 10 bucks for a case of Sculpin or Grapfruit Sculpin. Yes please.

So my BIL works for a big liquor distributor and they have been distributing more and more craft beer, and when a bottle or can breaks they sell the whole case to the employees for 10 bucks. Just got a case of Ale Asylum Velveteen Habit for 10. Happens all the time and they carry Ballast Point. 10 bucks for a case of Sculpin or Grapfruit Sculpin. Yes please.
Good god. Sculpin was like a 18 for a six pack here last I knew.

Good god. Sculpin was like a 18 for a six pack here last I knew.
It's ~14 here and that Ale Asylum was 7.99 or 8.99 per six. So quite a good deal.

:lmao:

That clip is hilarious. Yeah, I was talking with a few of the bartenders there about how Alabama used to be such a beer wasteland, but has really been developing over the past few years. They said the local craft beer scene has really exploded over the past 3-4 years.

I think Stone considered Alabama as a potential expansion location for an East Coast brewing site, but they ultimately decided to open it in Richmond, VA instead.

Having a before bed Sixpoint Resin. Not a fan. The alcohol is too up front. Tastes like a beer with a shot of vodka in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cigar City Lacto Guava Grove. Better than the blackberry, but not quite as good as the cherry...these grove beers always need a few weeks to mellow a bit IMO, so I'll sit on the others til August.

Ale Asylum Velvetteen Habit - really like it, not nearly as much malt as I was expecting based on the description on the box.

Ballast Point Big Eye - not as good as Sculpin but am really enjoying.

I really think these 10.00 cases are going to be awesome for me.

Ale Asylum Velvetteen Habit - really like it, not nearly as much malt as I was expecting based on the description on the box.

Ballast Point Big Eye - not as good as Sculpin but am really enjoying.

I really think these 10.00 cases are going to be awesome for me.
Ya gotta love a hookup like that!

See you lushes tomorrow...heading to work. :(

Wingnut said:
Cigar City Lacto Guava Grove. Better than the blackberry, but not quite as good as the cherry...these grove beers always need a few weeks to mellow a bit IMO, so I'll sit on the others til August.
Anyone else have trouble with lacto beers? If it's heavy lacto, I can't get through more than like 2-3 sips.

Wingnut said:
Anyone else have trouble with lacto beers? If it's heavy lacto, I can't get through more than like 2-3 sips.
I started getting acid reflux issues a few years ago and my desire for the stuff that triggers it has dropped off dramatically. I miss Italian food most of all, I think. That or spicy food. Always loved spicy, now don't even want it. Sometimes super lacto sours bother me sometimes. Definitely don't get super excited about a sour night anymore. If I'm taking my pills I can gear up for acidic stuff, but I hate taking pills.

I spent the night jumping around to a few different rural Alabama bars before heading back to the hotel to drink some of the beers I picked up in Birmingham. Nothing too exciting, but here's what I drank:

Back Forty Freckle Belly IPA

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale

Sweetwater Waterkeeper hefeweizen

Coors Light

Good People Coffee Oatmeal Stout

Westbrook Gose

I definitely don't recommend drinking a gose immediately after jerking off as the saltiness can be a little off-putting. That said, I still found the Westbrook Gose to be one of the better goses that I've had.

I spent the night jumping around to a few different rural Alabama bars before heading back to the hotel to drink some of the beers I picked up in Birmingham. Nothing too exciting, but here's what I drank:

Back Forty Freckle Belly IPA

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan brown ale

Sweetwater Waterkeeper hefeweizen

Coors Light

Good People Coffee Oatmeal Stout

Westbrook Gose

definitely don't recommend drinking a gose immediately after jerking off as the saltiness can be a little off-putting. That said, I still found the Westbrook Gose to be one of the better goses that I've had.
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread