What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

sexual chocolate in hand.

After hearing taskers input I decided not to wait inline all day. By chance I went into my local place. Didn't see any and asked if he was going to be able to get any. Smiled and came back out with 1. Said he only got 1 case so is only selling it here and there to people. Much like task, he said it is a good stout but overrated in his opinion.

Fantasy_Freak, just spoke to my other guy who is a bit of a drive but I will be going there next Thursday and he said he is holding me 1 as well, but wouldn't do more either as he only got a case. If you still are interested let me know. I am gonna drink it tonight and give you my honest thoughts as well, as I'd hate to see you giving up something great for something just MEH...
Thanks, let me know not a problem to send some Central Waters or BCBS.
Love the Central Waters BB Stout.
Love Central Waters as well the BB Stout was gone day of distribution, kicking myself that I missed out. As much as I enjoy stouts on a cold day a very good ipa or Pale ale gets me going. Loving Black Husky ipas.

Just cracked my last bottle of 18th St Sour Note Saison w/ Lemon -- gonna have to reload, this is a freaking great beer. Actually the entire Sour Note lineup is must try if you're within driving distance -- the fruit goses, the Flamders red, etc all just truly top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoB The Old Order I is great. Red wine and apricot on the nose, starts with red wine notes and finishes with an apricot sweetness. Excellent beer. 10% Farmhouse is impressive.

Glad I went to Founders on Thursday and not today. A friend tried to go and the line was wrapping around the building.

So my niece will be staying with me for her spring break, which is March 6th-11th, which happens to be Tampa Bay Beer week, which wraps up with Hunahpu day. ..grrrr...not gonna be able to make half the things I wanna make it to, including several Cycle releases...dammit...

Glad I went to Founders on Thursday and not today. A friend tried to go and the line was wrapping around the building.
Yeah -- I'd guess Fri / Sat nights would be a huge ####-show.
I went last year for Saturday and it was busy, but no lines to get in or anything. The only time I've ever had to wait in line was KBS release Saturday. I guess word is getting out about how good the cellar raid week party is.

Last night:

Community Beer Works Singularity: Azacca (single-hop IPA)

Community Beer Works Smoke (smoked pale ale)

Community Beer Works Yuz Not That IPA (Yuzu IPA)

Community Beer Works Stout Affective Disorder (stout)

Community Beer Works Frank (pale ale)

Today:

Lagunitas Sucks

SN Celebration

Alpine Duet

Hermit Thrush Farmhouse Tripel (BA Tripel)

Warming up for the nhl skills and Rothwell fight, New Belgium Long Table and a Pumkick. Then on to the good stuff.
That's my plan too.Hopslam

Undercrown

Prairie Somewhere

Double Crooked Tree
Wish I had that line-up, going to celebrate the Rothwell win now with some Karben4 Silk Scorpiom then maybe a BB Barleywine from Central Waters. Ben's daughter is on my daughter's club volleyball team. I hope to see him at the next tournament.

Warming up for the nhl skills and Rothwell fight, New Belgium Long Table and a Pumkick. Then on to the good stuff.

Undercrown

Prairie Somewhere

Double Crooked Tree
Wish I had that line-up, going to celebrate the Rothwell win now with some Karben4 Silk Scorpiom then maybe a BB Barleywine from Central Waters. Ben's daughter is on my daughter's club volleyball team. I hope to see him at the next tournament.
Huge win for him -- gotta think he's got the winner of Cain - Werdum. Seems like a good dude too -- just no more dancing LOL.

Undercrown

Prairie Somewhere

Double Crooked Tree
Huge win for him -- gotta think he's got the winner of Cain - Werdum. Seems like a good dude too -- just no more dancing LOL.
Yes he's pretty fly for a white guy with his dancing. I met him at my friend's bar, they sponsor him, in fact they are out there tonight at the fight. I'm 6'4" and a large person but he made me look small. His fists are the size of small boulders, absolutely huge, the whole time he was talking I thought how much damage those fists could do.

750ml bottle of Angry Chair German Chocolate Cupcake Stout. This is the kind of stout that can turn a non stout lover into a stout lover. So good.

2 at dinner on tap

Mayflower Alden dipa - not a mayflower fan but liked this

Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA- ok wouldn't seek it out

Cycle Rickshaw DIPA. Dry hopped with Nelson. It's pretty good, but I doubt I'd drink it again. 9% ABV is a tad too much.

Growler of Crank...Im working days all this month, and am home by 6-7pm, if I dont get back to exercising, Im gonna put on 15lbs from beer alone...

So my wife was paying the bills last night, and I got the "do you know that you spent $176 dollars on beer in the last week or so?" I didn't have the heart to tell her it's pretty much all gone already too, LOL (had some buddies over to play ping pong and drink this weekend). The $20+ single bottle sours are killing me lately -- but they're just so damn good. And I just can't resist wowing and trying to convert the "beer-curious." Thank God that I don't have easy access to Side Project or Crooked Stave, I'd need to sell my car or something.

So my wife was paying the bills last night, and I got the "do you know that you spent $176 dollars on beer in the last week or so?" I didn't have the heart to tell her it's pretty much all gone already too, LOL (had some buddies over to play ping pong and drink this weekend). The $20+ single bottle sours are killing me lately -- but they're just so damn good. And I just can't resist wowing and trying to convert the "beer-curious." Thank God that I don't have easy access to Side Project or Crooked Stave, I'd need to sell my car or something.
Yeah just bought 160 worth of Almanac Farm to Barrel :whistle:

Awesome. Where did you grab those? I need to start dipping over the border more often, evidently.

Awesome. Where did you grab those? I need to start dipping over the border more often, evidently.
Noble Brewer online...I don't get all the varietals reliably by me. Wound up being about 3 bucks more/btl which is reasonable since it included shipping.

Hawks64 said:
Coeur de Lion said:
Although unintended, thank you gent's for making me feel better about my beer budget...he says cracking a booneshine long winter Imperial Stout...

Users who are viewing this thread