What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (2 Viewers)

hey lion, 1 of the places I'm going to tomorrow has the BA BOMBS have you had those yet? looks like the other regular 1 is ranked higher.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/139521/
BA BOMB! hasn't made it up here yet -- but I'm pretty confident that it'll be awesome.
My BIL is a BA fanatic, like borderline obsessive fanatic, and he like the regular BOMB better. I thought both were good but not even close to worth the price.
I agree with this. Bomb! was delicious but at $10.99 per... too expensive.

Steelerfan, what are they asking for the BA Bomb?

Sculpin on draft, so funny how a year changes things. Last year, all BP was a dream in a drop of my best beer dreams, now I'm ####### drowning in it.

hey lion, 1 of the places I'm going to tomorrow has the BA BOMBS have you had those yet? looks like the other regular 1 is ranked higher.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/139521/
BA BOMB! hasn't made it up here yet -- but I'm pretty confident that it'll be awesome.
My BIL is a BA fanatic, like borderline obsessive fanatic, and he like the regular BOMB better. I thought both were good but not even close to worth the price.
I agree with this. Bomb! was delicious but at $10.99 per... too expensive.

Steelerfan, what are they asking for the BA Bomb?
hi dit,

they want:

$9.49 for BOMB!

$10.99 for Christmas BOMB!

$12.99 for BA BOMB!

just gonna stick with the BOMB! for now. they are holding a few for me, as well as other stock. this damn hobby is killing me....

Thinking the 18th Street trek will be happening this weekend. Need to monitor the list but the Hammond location looked money earlier.

I think for $12.99 I would get at least one BA Bomb.
No brainier.
you gents are not helping me here......that's a 22 oz. Big Bad Baptist we are talking about......I know, I know, i'll get some of those too...
I don't know your budget, but to me, the small difference in a BA vs a regular is inconsequential.
it's just that the stuff adds up way too fast. I am trying to draw a line somewhere....trying I said :)

No brainier.
you gents are not helping me here......that's a 22 oz. Big Bad Baptist we are talking about......I know, I know, i'll get some of those too...
I don't know your budget, but to me, the small difference in a BA vs a regular is inconsequential.
I agree with you 80s. They probably charge $16.99 or more here and will have truck chasers and all of that. So at $12.99 and easily obtainable, you have to.

And get Baptist. That #### is good too.

No brainier.
I agree with you 80s. They probably charge $16.99 or more here and will have truck chasers and all of that. So at $12.99 and easily obtainable, you have to.

And get Baptist. That #### is good too.
well, I do have that tax return coming back and all......

Sculpin on draft, so funny how a year changes things. Last year, all BP was a dream in a drop of my best beer dreams, now I'm ####### drowning in it.
Funny, I was just sitting here agreeing with your post, though we got BP about 2 years ago now, and I'm watching Top Chef on DVR. As I type, the chefs are sitting talking and drinking very well-product-placed Ballast Point cans.

Thinking the 18th Street trek will be happening this weekend. Need to monitor the list but the Hammond location looked money earlier.
Didn't get there for the opening last weekend so let me know how it is. Take cash -- don't think that they're set up for CCs yet. No idea if the kitchen is open yet either. I can however pretty much guarantee great beer.

BOMB! is usually $7.99 here and worth that price IMO -- although I don't usually drink a ton of huge stouts like that. One bottle or split a bomber and then on to something lighter is usually my MO. I think that it can hang with any non-BA stout personally.

Plain old Founder's Breakfast Stout is a great under-appreciated shelf beer IMO and damn hard to beat at $11 or so for a four pack. Definitely grab that if it's still around and you're feeling price conscious.

BOMB! is usually $7.99 here and worth that price IMO -- although I don't usually drink a ton of huge stouts like that. One bottle or split a bomber and then on to something lighter is usually my MO. I think that it can hang with any non-BA stout personally.

Plain old Founder's Breakfast Stout is a great under-appreciated shelf beer IMO and damn hard to beat at $11 or so for a four pack. Definitely grab that if it's still around and you're feeling price conscious.
Not a big fan of the founders breakfast stout. It's good in a pinch but it is not heavy enough for me. I like 30 weight motor oil :-)

Having said that, 6 months ago I didn't like Bourbon aged stouts and they are now what I'm hunting down...

Didn't get there for the opening last weekend so let me know how it is. Take cash -- don't think that they're set up for CCs yet. No idea if the kitchen is open yet either. I can however pretty much guarantee great beer.
Yeah, that's what I noticed. Cash only. Also noticed a couple are no longer available on draft (Undercrown and Hunter Milk Stout). I have had Jade before and will go back just for that one and a bomber of Undercrown or 3.

Yeah, that's what I noticed. Cash only. Also noticed a couple are no longer available on draft (Undercrown and Hunter Milk Stout). I have had Jade before and will go back just for that one and a bomber of Undercrown or 3.
Liquor Stop on Indianapolis in Highland has bombers of Undercrown if the brewpub is out. And a very nice variety of other 18th Street stuff too. https://www.beermenus.com/places/16075-liquor-stop

And Undercrown is a freaking great beer. I'm really hoping that they start making sixers / fours of it with the expansion, because the $14 bombers are killing me -- way too easy to go through 3 of 'em in a sitting.

Going to Cleveland of all places this weekend with the wife and friends. Plan on checking out a few of the breweries in the downtown area. I've already been to Great Lakes, Nano, and Market but there are a couple others I would like to try.

I plan on drinking a lot though -- what else is there to do in Cleveland on a frigid weekend in February?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CdL. Looks like they have it for $11 per now. They have #####es Bank too. Have you tried that one?
I haven't -- while I like a good stout from time to time, I'm much more of a saison / sour / IPA drinker. I've had Hunter and many of the variants of that beer which all range from good to great IMO. I have heard good things about Bank though. I need to get my butt to the brewery too -- so much more convenient to go to the bottle shop but the $3 or so / bomber adds up pretty quickly.

Mikeller Nuclear Hop Assault is delicious. Next up:

Stone Americano Stout

Odd Side Massive Oversight BA Barleywine.

Godsbrother said:
Going to Cleveland of all places this weekend with the wife and friends. Plan on checking out a few of the breweries in the downtown area. I've already been to Great Lakes, Nano, and Market but there are a couple others I would like to try.

I plan on drinking a lot though -- what else is there to do in Cleveland on a frigid weekend in February?
I don't know how all the different locations compare, but fat heads has a location in Cleveland and generally makes very good beer. Head hunter iPad is great.

No, nothing like that. They poured the high ABV beers in those little snifters. Ended up coming home with some more Jade, an Undercrown, and an Atomic Whale. And an 18th Street tulip.

The new Stone Americano espresso Stout is just ok. I didn't detect the hops much, but it was very burnt bitter coffee to me. Good, but there's many better coffee stouts IMO. Oddside Colossal Oversight (barleywine aged in bourbon and cognac barrels) was really good. It drank so smoothly for 12% and was super fruity. Maybe a bit too sweet for a large pour, but great in a small dose.

Users who are viewing this thread