What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Was able to score some of the Cycle weekday BA Stouts this week. Picked up 2 Mondays, 2 Tuesdays, and 2 Thursdays. It was fun hanging out from 6am to 8am on Tue and Thu chatting with some fellow local beer nerd friends to grab some bottles.

Monday: Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Cinnamon Imperial Stout, 4 bottle limit, $30 each. Lasted all day, sold out about 8pm

Tuesday: A rich, many grain (barley, wheat, rye) imperial stout we affectionately referred to as Garbage Stout. Sure, we cleaned up some of our grain supply but we also made one of our best imperial stouts. (we wrote it down, we will make this again), 2 bottle limit, $25 each. Sold out within a few hours.

Wednesday: Cinnamon Hazelnut Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (missed this one due to fishing trip), 1 bottle limit, $30 each. Sold out in 2 hours.

Thursday: Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (Maple DOS), 3 bottle limit, $25 each. Sold out in a little over an hour.

Friday: Colorado Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Stout with Cocoa Nibs and Vanilla Beans. $30 each. Only available to ticket holders of Barrel Aged Day.

The local news showed up Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to score some of the Cycle weekday BA Stouts this week. Picked up 2 Mondays, 2 Tuesdays, and 2 Thursdays. It was fun hanging out from 6am to 8am on Tue and Thu chatting with some fellow local beer nerd friends to grab some bottles.

Monday: Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Coffee Cinnamon Imperial Stout, 4 bottle limit, $30 each. Lasted all day, sold out about 8pm

Tuesday: A rich, many grain (barley, wheat, rye) imperial stout we affectionately referred to as Garbage Stout. Sure, we cleaned up some of our grain supply but we also made one of our best imperial stouts. (we wrote it down, we will make this again), 2 bottle limit, $25 each. Sold out within a few hours.

Wednesday: Cinnamon Hazelnut Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (missed this one due to fishing trip), 1 bottle limit, $30 each. Sold out in 2 hours.

Thursday: Maple Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout (Maple DOS), 3 bottle limit, $25 each. Sold out in a little over an hour.

Friday: Colorado Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Stout with Cocoa Nibs and Vanilla Beans. $30 each. Only available to ticket holders of Barrel Aged Day.

The local news showed up Wednesday.
I'm drooling...did you get bottles of all those?

Picking up a #### ton of KBS tomorrow and Saturday.

That's been on tap at one of my favorite local spots for a week now. Great beer when it's hassle-free. I feel like my last pour was more balanced. Not too much coffee, which works for me. 

I was wondering where you've been...haven't seen any check ins on Untappd in a while.

Welcome back!
As soon as I am done with work today it's time to drink! BTW I will actually get that stuff boxed up this weekend on it's way Monday, this thing kicked my ###.

Atta boy. You happen to get DLD tickets?

Currently drinking a Todd the Axe Man
Nah, not a huge 3F guy so I skip it. Where did you get a Todd?? They release again or is it from the last release? That one Surly release is worth every penny.

Nah, not a huge 3F guy so I skip it. Where did you get a Todd?? They release again or is it from the last release? That one Surly release is worth every penny.
It's still an experience worth going to. FFF or not. 

Todd is a new release. Local store had one case...I pretty much took it all. This stuff is the ####. 

It's still an experience worth going to. FFF or not. 

Todd is a new release. Local store had one case...I pretty much took it all. This stuff is the ####. 
Sweet last time it came out I was able to get a full case (Wing might be more coming your way!!) I'll have to run out tomorrow. When I said I was out of it for ~2wks I wasn't kidding :(

I likely will be going to Oath Day on 5/14 though.

More Todd

Steelerfan and Berndog...I read that it is Charlotte beer week. I also read Salud is having a Founders event Tuesday with special tappings. Wouldn't be shocked if they had KBS and would be cool if they had CBS. 

Worked Huna Fest today in Tampa and was able to try a bunch of amazing beers, including 2 of the top 3 (as voted by attendees). The first 2 below were voted #2 and #3 best beers (Mazurt's Coconut Aged Brandy Barrel Vanilla RIS won best beer, it was aged in actual coconuts...they would tap the coconut and strain it into the tasting glass...insane.). Mazurt won best brewery, with 3 Sons and J Wakefield finishing 2nd and third.

I was able to try (multiple pours of some)

3 sons JBM #35 (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout with Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, Coconut and Cocoa Nibs)
3 sons Apple Brandy Kona Summation RIS
3 sons Barrel Aged Imperial Double Scoop (Neapolitan Stout)
3 sons Boysen da Hood (berliner w/boysenberries and black currants)
Westbrook Bourbon Barrel Aged Coconut Mexican Cake
Proof Fruit Punch Evil Kiss berliner
7venth Sun Do You Even Sudachi Bro berliner
J Wakefield Troll So Hard (Key Lime Berliner)
J Wakefield DFPF (dragonfruit passionfruit Florida Weiss)
Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue
Sahtipaja Barrel Aged Blueberry White Sour
Against the Grain Rico Sauvin DIPA
Against The Grain Bo and Luke (Barrel aged smoked imperial stout)
Gravity Brewlab Cortadito coffee porter
Gravity Brewlab Sunshine State Of Mind Farmhouse Ale
Gravity Brewlab Pinkies Up (Riesling barrel aged sour saison)
Gravity Brewlab Cask Big Oude ### (FLAmbic aged in Gin Barrels w/grapefruit and fresh hops)
Civil Society Pulp IPA
Nantahala Kumquat Kettle Sour
Nantahala App Trail Extra Pale Ale
Persimmon Hollow Oaked Belgian Tripel

“Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.” ― Charles Bukowski

More Todd

Steelerfan and Berndog...I read that it is Charlotte beer week. I also read Salud is having a Founders event Tuesday with special tappings. Wouldn't be shocked if they had KBS and would be cool if they had CBS. 
crap!, thanks Ditka. i am working tomorrow too. SOB. have been to salud once and was under impressed. i bet you are right though about them having kbs. dang it. i do feel a bit ill though. hope i can make it into work. cough...cough.

A deal was in place with AB-InBev, but that fell through, thank god. This deal is a great move for all parties IMO.

http://www.craftcans.com/oskar-blues-acquires-cigar-city

Monday, March 14th 2016

Oskar Blues Acquires Cigar City
Oskar-Blues-Brewery-logo.png
cigcitylog.jpeg

[SIZE=medium]Longmont, CO, & Tampa Bay, FL -- Oskar Blues Brewery announced the acquisition of Tampa's Cigar City Brewing. Putting months of acquirement rumors to rest, the decision is driven by mutual irreverence, respect and desire to stay true to craft beer roots.[/SIZE]

The combination stems from the want to take risks, sniff out bullsh*t and grow against-the-grain in an era of increasing competition within craft beer. The collaboration will match the years of large-scale growth, expansion expertise and resources of Oskar Blues with the strength of Cigar City's local following to help both breweries strengthen their future position. Similarly to Oskar Blues, Cigar City's award-winning brews are well known and respected within the craft community.

"Cigar City is facing next-level challenges and we needed to develop next-level skills and resources to meet them. But, we got into beer out of passion and an unwavering desire to travel our own path. We didn't want to just shove our round peg into some f*cking square hole and hope for the best. Florida craft beer drinkers want something they can proudly stand behind. These guys get that. They wrote the book on keeping it real," says Joey, founder of Cigar City Brewing.  Joey will remain as CEO of Cigar City following the transaction.

Since 2009, Cigar City Brewing has achieved a near constant growth pattern reaching nearly 60,000 barrels in 2015, placing the Tampa Bay area and the state of Florida on the craft beer map. The partnership will provide additional investment for Cigar City's infrastructure growth within Florida. 

"What Cigar City has done for the community of Florida craft beer is impressive.  It's important for our culture to do business with people we want to hang out with and Joey and the gang fit," Dale Katechis, Soul Founder of Oskar Blues, stated about the new partnership.

Oskar Blues Brewery is the funky brewpub that started brewing beer in 1999 in the small town of Lyons, CO and is responsible for starting the craft beer-in-a-can movement in 2002 with Dale's Pale Ale. In 2008, the brewery expanded down the street to Longmont, CO. and added an additional brewery in Brevard, NC in 2012. Oskar Blues brewed 192,000 barrels in 2015 and announced another brewery in Austin, TX scheduled to open in May of 2016.  

Terms of the acquisition are not disclosed.

Wingnut said:
A deal was in place with AB-InBev, but that fell through, thank god. This deal is a great move for all parties IMO.

Monday, March 14th 2016

Oskar Blues Acquires Cigar City
Oskar-Blues-Brewery-logo.png
cigcitylog.jpeg

[SIZE=medium]Longmont, CO, & Tampa Bay, FL -- Oskar Blues Brewery announced the acquisition of Tampa's Cigar City Brewing. Putting months of acquirement rumors to rest, the decision is driven by mutual irreverence, respect and desire to stay true to craft beer roots.[/SIZE]

The combination stems from the want to take risks, sniff out bullsh*t and grow against-the-grain in an era of increasing competition within craft beer. The collaboration will match the years of large-scale growth, expansion expertise and resources of Oskar Blues with the strength of Cigar City's local following to help both breweries strengthen their future position. Similarly to Oskar Blues, Cigar City's award-winning brews are well known and respected within the craft community.

"Cigar City is facing next-level challenges and we needed to develop next-level skills and resources to meet them. But, we got into beer out of passion and an unwavering desire to travel our own path. We didn't want to just shove our round peg into some f*cking square hole and hope for the best. Florida craft beer drinkers want something they can proudly stand behind. These guys get that. They wrote the book on keeping it real," says Joey, founder of Cigar City Brewing.  Joey will remain as CEO of Cigar City following the transaction.

Since 2009, Cigar City Brewing has achieved a near constant growth pattern reaching nearly 60,000 barrels in 2015, placing the Tampa Bay area and the state of Florida on the craft beer map. The partnership will provide additional investment for Cigar City's infrastructure growth within Florida. 

"What Cigar City has done for the community of Florida craft beer is impressive.  It's important for our culture to do business with people we want to hang out with and Joey and the gang fit," Dale Katechis, Soul Founder of Oskar Blues, stated about the new partnership.

Oskar Blues Brewery is the funky brewpub that started brewing beer in 1999 in the small town of Lyons, CO and is responsible for starting the craft beer-in-a-can movement in 2002 with Dale's Pale Ale. In 2008, the brewery expanded down the street to Longmont, CO. and added an additional brewery in Brevard, NC in 2012. Oskar Blues brewed 192,000 barrels in 2015 and announced another brewery in Austin, TX scheduled to open in May of 2016.  

Terms of the acquisition are not disclosed.
that does sound good wing. I know I have enjoyed blues so I doubt quality suffers

More Todd

also, has anyone talked with palmersteele at all? haven't seen him here forever and he was a guru. also know he'd be going to this too. 

More Todd

So I found out that my guy's distributor only go a single case of Todd so I didn't get any :kicksrock:

More Todd

had a friend go up there for me today. she said they are not releasing kbs until april :sadbanana: still appreciate the heads up bud.

I wouldn't call this positive at all. Oskar Blues didn't acquire them, Fireman Capital Partners did. Your article is the spin they want. They are a private equity firm that now owns 5 breweries under the LLC United Craft Brews. Being an equity firm means they are only looking to flip for profit. I think they will try to strength the portfolio as much as they can then sell it off to InBev or MillerCoors. That is if those two are still separate by then. DoJ is suppose to have an anti-trust ruling on that merger later in the year. Here is another article on it. 

http://www.brewbound.com/news/fireman-capital-to-purchase-cigar-city

Had Psuedo Sue for the first time tonight, very tasty and well worth the effort to have acquired it. Todd is next. Likely will crack on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread