What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Coeur de Lion said:
Here in NWI:  KBS was $22.99 / 4 pack, BOMB! is $7.99 / single, Pirate BOMB! $9.99 / single.  I personally love KBS -- but if they ever bottle CBS again IMO it's even better.  They're all great beers, and I'm not even really a huge stout drinker.  Not that I don't like it -- but I drink way more of a bunch of other styles.

ETA: Bell's Black Note is right there too IMO, but I don't think we're getting that this year.
KBS here was from $7 to $8.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Flavor was  :thumbup:

Going back for more today. 

Also considering going to Hailstorm's 2nd Anniversary Party. Have to fix a wall in the garage first and we all know home improvement means  :banned: so might not make it there. Here's the tap list for Chicago area people:

Guava Dominatrix 
Grapefruit Dominatrix 
Grapefruit Prairie Madness 
Passion Fruit Prairie Madness 
Guava Sasion Mêlée 
Passion Fruit Saison Mêlée 
Pomegranate Saison Mêlée 
Coconut Vlad 
Bourbon BA Vlad with Vanilla 
Bourbon BA Vlad with Coffee
Bourbon BA Vlad The Conquistador 
Tequilla BA Vlad The Conquistador 
Tequilla BA Crash Test Dummy 
First Anniversary Ale Tap at 11AM Only at limited quantity. Will go fast
More to come! We will be tapping a different beer every hour.

On Tap all day
Second Anniversary Ale
Vlad - Russain Imperial Stout
Chai A Sutra - Russain Imperial Stout with Chai Spices
Vlad The Conquistador - Russain Imperial Stout with Cocoa, Cinnamon, Agave, Vanilla and Ancho, Guajillo and Chipotle Peppers
Dominatrix - Triple IPA
Prairie Madness - IPA
Crash Test Dummy - Belgian Tripel
South Side Irish Red - Irish Red
Saison Mêlée - Dry Hopped Farmhouse Saison
Polish Smoke - Grodziske
Fruit Cake and Shame - Dark Cranberry Sour
Arctic Ale - English Barleywine
Jesus Toast - Black Rye IPA
Gose To Mexico And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt - Gose with Prickly Pear and Sea Salt. Collaboration with Arrowhead Ale
Shenaigans With Shillelaghs - Extra Irish Stout - Regular and Nitro

Heavy Seas Tropic Cannon Citrus IPA.  Not bad.  Very citrusy, slight bitterness.

DFH Squall IPA up next.  Loved this when it was out several years ago.  Limited edition re-release, and hoping it will be as good.

Heavy Seas Tropic Cannon Citrus IPA.  Not bad.  Very citrusy, slight bitterness.

DFH Squall IPA up next.  Loved this when it was out several years ago.  Limited edition re-release, and hoping it will be as good.
I haven't had that in a few years, when I was pretty new to IPAs. Let me know what you think. Does it hold up? 

I haven't had that in a few years, when I was pretty new to IPAs. Let me know what you think. Does it hold up? 
Hmm, first impressions are very caramel-y and resin-y.   Not really how I remember it, but I when I read the BA profile, it says Cascade, Willamette, CTZ among others, so that Northwest pine character makes sense.  Will see how it progresses over the bomber.

Decided with both the Stone EB Black and the Lagunitas Waldo. I will likely regret this tomorrow when I work out, but loving them both right now. Waldo is a little sweet, but has a very nice hop taste. For a triple, it's really enjoyable. 

Long Ball Larry said:
Hmm, first impressions are very caramel-y and resin-y.   Not really how I remember it, but I when I read the BA profile, it says Cascade, Willamette, CTZ among others, so that Northwest pine character makes sense.  Will see how it progresses over the bomber.
It's basically a 90 minute with different hop bill iirc. I enjoyed it. 

It's basically a 90 minute with different hop bill iirc. I enjoyed it. 
Yeah, beeradvocate describes the original as:

An unfiltered and 100% bottle-conditioned version of 90 Minute IPA that's dry-hopped with Palisade, Amarillo, Simcoe, Cascade, CTZ, and Willamette hops. Brewed to honor the Rogue Gallery in Portland, Maine, who will also be releasing a DFH designed clothing line in the summer of '09. 

DFH describes this release as: 

Squall IPA is a continually hopped, unfiltered Double IPA that’s brewed with three types of malt as well as dry-hopped with Simcoe, Amarillo and Palisade hops. Clocking in at 9% ABV, this citrus-forward IPA has a hoppy aroma with floral notes of pine and grapefruit.

Bottle conditioned, Squall uses a traditional process to naturally carbonate. Additional yeast and sugar are both added just prior to the beer going in the bottle, causing a second fermentation to occur, in turn, creating the CO2 for carbonation. This makes for a finer champagne-like experience, lending to a smoother mouthfeel and denser foam.

Between the continual hopping, dry hopping and bottle conditioning, Squall has a bright hoppiness that is adored by many!

I got a little more citrus as the bottle went on, but not a lot.  Though I also had the citrus bomb before that.

Went balls out and cleaned, did laundry, mowed, etc all morning.  Now, have a jerk pork shoulder on the smoker and sitting on the deck enjoying the 80 weather and tossing back some beer.  Thus far:

18th Street Rise of the Angels x2, '13 Orval, now cracked a '14 Saison DuPont.

Upside to letting the wife drink last night = 1.) crazy sex when we got home, and 2.) no hangover today and ready to rock.

Smoked three slabs of ribs. Sitting in the backyard mourning a Hawks loss with some Akari Shogun. Actually don't give a #### they lost to be honest. Just outside enjoying the weather with some beer. 

Went balls out and cleaned, did laundry, mowed, etc all morning.  Now, have a jerk pork shoulder on the smoker and sitting on the deck enjoying the 80 weather and tossing back some beer.  Thus far:

18th Street Rise of the Angels x2, '13 Orval, now cracked a '14 Saison DuPont.

Upside to letting the wife drink last night = 1.) crazy sex when we got home, and 2.) no hangover today and ready to rock.
Sounds awesome....so does that jerk pork shoulder. What did you season it with?

Had my BIL over to share a bunch of stouts:

BCBS Prop - Rumors of it being infected are sadly true. When it was right out of the fridge and cold it was really good, with a slightly weird funk. As it warmed up, it really got bad funky. Wound up drain pouring it. Really sad.

Surly Darkness

PW The Jones Dog

PW Cinnamon Abduction

Also had 3F Quannto

Last night had a few Founders Rübæus on nitro. Quite delicious.

Not another boring summer wheat beer or lemonade shandy—Rübæus is Founders’ way to celebrate the season’s warmest months. Optimizing the flavor of fresh raspberries added at multiple stages during fermentation, this stunning berry red masterpiece is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. No question about it, with a hefty malt bill and 5.7% ABV, this beer is 100% Founders.

Sounds awesome....so does that jerk pork shoulder. What did you season it with?
At work now, but I use a recipe from "The Barbecue Bible" -- lots of habaneros, scallions, garlic, ginger, soy, lime allspice -- if I remember when I get home I'll post it tonight.  It's really good if you like teh spicy.

At work now, but I use a recipe from "The Barbecue Bible" -- lots of habaneros, scallions, garlic, ginger, soy, lime allspice -- if I remember when I get home I'll post it tonight.  It's really good if you like teh spicy.
Awesome, thanks! Took a look for the book and the sauces, rubs and marinade one sounds interesting.

Awesome, thanks! Took a look for the book and the sauces, rubs and marinade one sounds interesting.
Anything by that guy -- Steven Raichlin (?) -- is good IMO.  Think he had a grilling show on PBS years ago that I saw which prompted me to grab a few of his books.

Had my BIL over to share a bunch of stouts:

BCBS Prop - Rumors of it being infected are sadly true. When it was right out of the fridge and cold it was really good, with a slightly weird funk. As it warmed up, it really got bad funky. Wound up drain pouring it. Really sad.

Surly Darkness

PW The Jones Dog

PW Cinnamon Abduction

Also had 3F Quannto
Had to dump all my BC Coffee. It sucked. 

Yep me too, likely the same with the barleywine. Hope it doesn't hit regal or the regular, Rare should be ok since it wasn't part of this batch.
Hmmm...I have a barley wine left o was gonna cellar...how do I tell if it's bad?

anyway tonight is some Urban Family Public House - Clouds of Pale Gold

Hmmm...I have a barley wine left o was gonna cellar...how do I tell if it's bad?

anyway tonight is some Urban Family Public House - Clouds of Pale Gold
I would drink it ASAP as well, it will have a weird sweet funky taste to it...as it warms up it will smell bad too. It's unmistakable and you'd notice it for sure. The prop got worse as it warmed up, when I poured it I couldn't stand the smell and I liked it when it was cold.

I haven't -- I'd be afraid it would dry out and be super tough.  I'd certainly be interested in hearing about it though if you give it a try.  
That's what I was afraid of too that's why I asked, I may give it a try though. Heavily marinate and then like a higher heat smoke like 350 or something for a couple of hours.

Tried the Guiness Nitro IPA.  Pretty good actually.  Not as hoppy as some IPAs and I love that it has the cascade like their stout.  So far Im a fan of all three Guiness styles, stout, Nitro IPA and their Blonde.

I would drink it ASAP as well, it will have a weird sweet funky taste to it...as it warms up it will smell bad too. It's unmistakable and you'd notice it for sure. The prop got worse as it warmed up, when I poured it I couldn't stand the smell and I liked it when it was cold.
The infected coffee I had was sour cherry and salty. 

So im in my house just now ...walking around and getting ready to go into my gym downstairs to workout and do some laundry...and then i hear this sound ...like whispering...im like wtf is that ? so i start walking around trying to locate the sound...im thinking im losing my mind...this barely audible whispering is getting louder as i approach the kitchen...it seems louder near the refrigerator...its coming from inside ...i open the refrigerator door and its coming from the inside of the crisper draw ...i open that and lo and behold ... My beer was whispering to me "#### working out ...and screw the laundry...drink us instead ''....cheers my friends and enjoy the weekend !!!!!

Decided with both the Stone EB Black and the Lagunitas Waldo. I will likely regret this tomorrow when I work out, but loving them both right now. Waldo is a little sweet, but has a very nice hop taste. For a triple, it's really enjoyable. 
Waldo's. Agree 100 percent with your assessment  Very good  

Ilov80s said:
Hubbards Fresh. So fresh, so clean. Love this beer. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Wing, you had this one yet? Best IPA ever. 
Was planning on opening this one tomorrow and taking another to Dark Lord Day. I am even more intrigued now. 

Users who are viewing this thread