What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Stopped in at the local brewery, nice place. Liberty Street. Beer is ok. If I never post again, it's because the two guys next to me have killed me. Getting a real **** Hickock and Perry Smith vibe. They split a box of wine and a fifth of vodka before coming here and don't seem drunk, just very into violence and heavy booze. This is weird. 

They are arguing about how many bottles of wine are in a box and who could drink a whole box. The one guy has a favorite brand because it's high in sugar. WTF

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped in at the local brewery, nice place. Liberty Street. Beer is ok. If I never post again, it's because the two guys next to me have killed me. Getting a real **** Hickock and Perry Smith vibe. They split a box of wine and a fifth of vodka before coming here and don't seem drunk, just very into violence and heavy booze. This is weird. 

They are arguing about how many bottles of wine are in a box and who could drink a whole box. The one guy has a favorite brand because it's high in sugar. WTF
this needs fleshed out

this needs fleshed out
I survived. Talk about two creepy guys though. They had an awful vibe. They got two beers and then we're arguing whether to tip or not. If that wasn't weird enough , it was right in front of the bartender. They even asked her if she thought  deserved a tip. 

The one guy pointed at another bartender that was about 5 feet away and asked his friend if that was the girl he wanted "to bang out". He said, "no, it was the one who looked like she was 14 and had all the tats." I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  It's a low key place, pretty much anyone within 20 feet could hear them.

Before I left, they confirmed on their phone that a bag of wine is 5 bottles of wine and  that the #### Hickock looking POS drinks that amount every Saturday to get himself "jumpstarted." 

Best IPA ever is more of a joke with Wing that a literal statement, but as juicy New England style IPAs go, it's great.
I would say it's the best NE style IPA in Chicago, he's also going to be distributing his last cases Monday and Tuesday. He also mentioned that it's at it's best 2 weeks from bottling date....which is tomorrow.

Uh oh. I have work to do. 
Per his FB page

More cases of the original batch of Fresh IIPA went to Capones, The Beer Temple, and Warehouse Liquors today. A few more will go out next Monday and Tuesday and that's it until the next. Many people have said this beers prime is about 2 weeks after bottling, so we are just about there.

Also, I just noticed that Mikerphone is brewed and bottled at Une Annee, which is the same owner as Hubbard's Cave.

Ocelot Vandals - Mosaic IPA 7% and it is excellent! Little bit of dankness, pine and super crisp with a nice bitterness. If this is beer is indicative of the rest of their beer lineup I really wish I lived close.

Going to Wisconsin on Thursday / Friday

any good beers to be on the lookout for?  Doesn't have to be Wisconsin native if some other states distro good stuff
Anything in the Tyranena Brewers Gone Wild series, if they still do that.

Anything New Glarus.  Wisconsin Belgian Red and Raspberry Tart.  Anything Thumbprint.  Also they make probably the best wheat beers in the country.  Don't be afraid of the wheat moniker....they're not "chick beers".

Going to Wisconsin on Thursday / Friday

any good beers to be on the lookout for?  Doesn't have to be Wisconsin native if some other states distro good stuff

Where in WI?

If you can find it, Cassian Sunset from Central Waters or any of their barrel aged beers. Most likely gone, but worth looking. 

Toppling Goliath distributes to WI too. 

Where in WI?

If you can find it, Cassian Sunset from Central Waters or any of their barrel aged beers. Most likely gone, but worth looking. 

Toppling Goliath distributes to WI too. 
Staying in Fond du Lac :kicksrock:

was supposed to be Milwaukee but some meeting times got shuffled around and made more sense to stay there

Founders Palm Reader, a Michigan Pale Ale. It's alright. Not sure why Founders felt the need to bottle this. 

My friend is on his way back from Founders with a growler of Mackinac Fudge Donkey Stout. I am real excited for that, it's one of my favorite brewery only beers at Founders. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I survived. Talk about two creepy guys though. They had an awful vibe. They got two beers and then we're arguing whether to tip or not. If that wasn't weird enough , it was right in front of the bartender. They even asked her if she thought  deserved a tip. 

The one guy pointed at another bartender that was about 5 feet away and asked his friend if that was the girl he wanted "to bang out". He said, "no, it was the one who looked like she was 14 and had all the tats." I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  It's a low key place, pretty much anyone within 20 feet could hear them.

Before I left, they confirmed on their phone that a bag of wine is 5 bottles of wine and  that the #### Hickock looking POS drinks that amount every Saturday to get himself "jumpstarted." 
Are you sure you weren't just watching Horace and Pete?

Ocelot Vandals - Mosaic IPA 7% and it is excellent! Little bit of dankness, pine and super crisp with a nice bitterness. If this is beer is indicative of the rest of their beer lineup I really wish I lived close.
I haven't had that one yet. Can't wait! Glad you got to try some Ocelot!

Drinking some stuff I brought back from Texas:. Karnach Hopadillo and Rodeo Clown.  Both good but not mind-blowing.  The trip to Jester King, on the other hand...

Epic Exponential Series Sour Apple Saison -- certainly not bad, but wouldn't buy again.  Yeast character is great; sour apple tastes artificial to me.

Growler of Ocelot Songbird a grapefruit sour. Excellent sour, very little anything on the nose but tastes amazing. Very citrusy sour, clean and tart and awesome. So 2 for 2 from Ocelot, heard they are going to start bottling and that would make it even better to trade for. I will be doing what I can to get more Ocelot on a regular basis.

And another Rodenbach Grand Cru -- gonna need a restock on this now.  Just sooooo good -- and in terms of $ / oz just might be the best beer in the world IMO.  At $12 - $14?/ 750 ml it can hang with, and in most cases outright crush, the best American sours straight up.

Growler of Ocelot Songbird a grapefruit sour. Excellent sour, very little anything on the nose but tastes amazing. Very citrusy sour, clean and tart and awesome. So 2 for 2 from Ocelot, heard they are going to start bottling and that would make it even better to trade for. I will be doing what I can to get more Ocelot on a regular basis.
We sold out of Home bottles in 4hrs. I can't access the BA trade forums anymore, so not sure how much of it was hoarded for trading. A lot of people bought the full case limit. Generally means it's being traded. 

We sold out of Home bottles in 4hrs. I can't access the BA trade forums anymore, so not sure how much of it was hoarded for trading. A lot of people bought the full case limit. Generally means it's being traded. 
Ocelot is you?? did i know that and just forget? :unsure:

Stopped for a solo beer and happily found 2013  Y2k on tap. The people next to me at the bar reek of superkindbud so the barleywine is a great pairing. 

Users who are viewing this thread