Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ran a 10k - Official Thread

1 hour ago, SteelCurtain said:

Big news in the Blind Ref household.....

1.  Peloton bike is arriving this afternoon between 12 and 3.  So I'll probably be running less in 2021.

2.  Heading to Aruba from 12/23 to 12/31.  I can't wait to get to run in 80 degrees.  Cheap flights and hotel on points made this a no brainer (other than obviously COVID nervousness.)  We all have our N95 masks for the flight. 

3.  My sister is a physician and on Saturday she got the vaccine.  It was cool to see hope starting to spread around the vaccine.  I hope it continues.  Guessing @gianmarco will be the first to get vaccinated in this group, unless @tri-man 47 fits in the elderly care age group.  :D

I can't remember if I got it or not.

Actually, mrs. tri and I will be in the next wave.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Replies 54.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gianmarco

• ChiefD

• gruecd

• MAC_32

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read through the last few days of posts here, and I don't even know what to say other than that I'm humbled. Tri had given me some updates on @BassNBrew's color commentary and analysis, but all o

Hey guys, I'll write more later, but I'm happy to announce that our baby girl, Lenka Ruby, was born at 5:16pm. She was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. Mom and baby are both doing great. Such an amazing C

Western States "Crew B" and Pacer #1 Report What an outstanding experience!  I flew into Sacramento on Thursday and drove up into the mountains and headed to my hotel in Reno, which is quite a pi

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Still July since the Mesa Marathon is postponed.  Might look at some other races for March, but a brief search wasn't promising for candidates.  This is probably the best one at this point.  Same weekend as we had planned, although she's behind in her training due to illness/work/continued IT band issues.  So I don't think it'll happen.

Oak Island

Milwaukee is supposed to be happening in April... :whistle:

• Like 2
On 12/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, ChiefD said:

If Keenen Allen plays tonight, you most definitely have to play him. 

This was awful advice, btw.

Doesn't matter, though. Thanks to no-shows by pretty much everybody on my team except Lamar, it didn't matter who I started.  :shrug: The fantasy gods picked a hell of a time to hand me my biggest loss of the year, and the icing on the cake was my vaunted Rams defense getting throttled by the Jets.

Edited by gruecd
  • Sad 3
6 hours ago, SteelCurtain said:

I can't wait to get to run in 80 degrees.

:thumbdown:

Every time I go out these days, I thank the gods I'm not running in 80F temps.  Sure, having snot freeze to your beard kind of sucks, but still better than the sufferfest that is heat running.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Zasada said:

:thumbdown:

Every time I go out these days, I thank the gods I'm not running in 80F temps.  Sure, having snot freeze to your beard kind of sucks, but still better than the sufferfest that is heat running.

Preach!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Still July since the Mesa Marathon is postponed.  Might look at some other races for March, but a brief search wasn't promising for candidates.  This is probably the best one at this point.  Same weekend as we had planned, although she's behind in her training due to illness/work/continued IT band issues.  So I don't think it'll happen.

Oak Island

It would be awesome if you had a friend running one in March. You could just run it with him. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

have a lot of miles to get in to try to get back to where I was but it is starting to come back slowly but surely. still need to get out there just a little more often and then work on increasing the distance but I am getting back to having some fun. still being a bit of a wimp and running to the treadmill too much but figure that is better than not running at all... 

going to have to talk one of you into kicking me in the butt often to make sure I follow the 'plan' and not slide backwards. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I has it. 

🎶 Get well get well soon, we wish you to get well 🎶 

seriously hope it’s just a brief response/reaction. We are rolling vaccine out to skilled nursing residents and employees starting tomorrow and built coverage in for days if staff has ‘day after’ effects. 

Have run 13 out of the last 15 days.  So it looks like that two week period has turned things around. Feeling pretty good right now.

Plan is to continue to do 6 days a week. Mentality has been to just run whatever feels good that day. And so far that has worked.  Been doing runs within runs. Last night started out slow and was planning an easy run, but then saw a guy coming up on me and pull even across the street on the other sidewalk.

Decided to smoke him, so ramped up to a 7:30 pace for .6 of a mile to leave him behind. That was fun.

Anyway, want to do somewhere between 25-30 miles a week for the foreseeable future.

One day at a time.  

• Like 8
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Have run 13 out of the last 15 days.  So it looks like that two week period has turned things around. Feeling pretty good right now.

Plan is to continue to do 6 days a week. Mentality has been to just run whatever feels good that day. And so far that has worked.  Been doing runs within runs. Last night started out slow and was planning an easy run, but then saw a guy coming up on me and pull even across the street on the other sidewalk.

Decided to smoke him, so ramped up to a 7:30 pace for .6 of a mile to leave him behind. That was fun.

Anyway, want to do somewhere between 25-30 miles a week for the foreseeable future.

One day at a time.  

I'm not quite there yet but trying to get there. I'm trying to just run what feels good too. It's only been 3 days a week so far lately but that is better than 1 or 0. Just want to get to running 4 to 6 days a week and get up to 25-30 miles a week or so. If I can just make it a habit and get some miles in, I'll worry about more if and when the world starts to open back up. Really just need to start shedding some pounds again since I've been slowly adding them back over the last year. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, gruecd said:

Oh yeah, still no baby.  It should come to me as no surprise that a child living inside my wife wouldn't be early.  Probably won't be on time, either. 

Get used to it.

And congrats!

I love strava sometimes. 

Finally got to the big 100² miles. It's cool to look back at the log and see the place we've been, the good and the bad. It's like an easy journal for memories. I didn't remember that my first run wasn't from home, but while I was in a 4 month course in Virginia. I'm pretty sure I only joined because of some of you crazies. ❤️🤍💙

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SteelCurtain said:

Sending good luck to @gruecd and his better half.  They are at the hospital.  It’s almost go time!

Thanks, buddy. Just lots of waiting so far. This is definitely gonna be an ultra marathon, not a 5K.

• Laughing 2
4 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Thanks, buddy. Just lots of waiting so far. This is definitely gonna be an ultra marathon, not a 5K.

Dude, you're just in the warmup. ❤️💙

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Good luck!  If you are in the delivery room, always remind everyone there that you contributed to the baby too. 

• Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1
1 minute ago, gianmarco said:

And no idea what the course looks like.

Oh, and it'll definitely be hot as balls.

And freezing at times. 

"Toughest race ever" and you'll love it. 

26 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I wish I would have thought of getting this shirt made ahead of time so it could have been worn in the delivery room.

:kicksrock:

You know he's been jonesing to slip out for a few miles between her contractions.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

We will know its serious if he starts taking a GU in the delivery room.

And he better be wearing his heart rate monitor.

They probably keep the room warm for comfort and you know he's sitting there shirtless wondering when it's going to end.

"Sir, we're going to need you to wear a few more clothes"

• Laughing 4