Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ran a 10k - Official Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pbm107 said:

Thanks but I am still weak by most standards and don’t have nearly the muscle mass you have. I have to admit I am enjoying the new challenge of push-ups and pull-ups.

Most of it is in my head.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • gianmarco

    4546

  • ChiefD

    4508

  • gruecd

    3608

  • MAC_32

    3224

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read through the last few days of posts here, and I don't even know what to say other than that I'm humbled. Tri had given me some updates on @BassNBrew's color commentary and analysis, but all o

Western States "Crew B" and Pacer #1 Report What an outstanding experience!  I flew into Sacramento on Thursday and drove up into the mountains and headed to my hotel in Reno, which is quite a pi

Hey guys, I'll write more later, but I'm happy to announce that our baby girl, Lenka Ruby, was born at 5:16pm. She was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. Mom and baby are both doing great. Such an amazing C

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Most of it is in my head.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....like that HM race report?

Nutshell?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of mine (not Dot) ran 2:36 today in Carmel to win the women’s race, setting a new PR and CR in the process.

It’s only like her 6th marathon, and she doesn’t even have a real “pro” coach. I think she can go sub-2:30...

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah....like that HM race report?

 

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

Nutshell?

I got up early, ate avocado toast with coffee then pooped while checking Facebook. 

Drove an hour, walked to the packet pickup, walked back to the car, walked to the portajohns, it was freezing, peed for about 5 minutes. Went to the starting line as the last socially distanced runner, 15 minutes before the elites started. 

Listened to Pandora, my thumbprint station. The music was pretty good. 

After crossing the finish line I fist bumped my neighbor whom I didn't know was running today. Got a coke, a hoe cake, and brunswick stew. Talked to a few people, then walked to my car. It was warmer now. 

Drove home, stopped at a gas station to get coffee and lottery tickets. I see tennessee doesn't do masks now. Got home, took a shower after eating leftover pizza. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -OZ- said:

 

I got up early, ate avocado toast with coffee then pooped while checking Facebook. 

Drove an hour, walked to the packet pickup, walked back to the car, walked to the portajohns, it was freezing, peed for about 5 minutes. Went to the starting line as the last socially distanced runner, 15 minutes before the elites started. 

Listened to Pandora, my thumbprint station. The music was pretty good. 

After crossing the finish line I fist bumped my neighbor whom I didn't know was running today. Got a coke, a hoe cake, and brunswick stew. Talked to a few people, then walked to my car. It was warmer now. 

Drove home, stopped at a gas station to get coffee and lottery tickets. I see tennessee doesn't do masks now. Got home, took a shower after eating leftover pizza. 

Hoes gotta eat too? [/Hollywood Shuffle]

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

102.4km (63.6mi) this week.  New weekly high for me.  Had to get to the decimal point to make the claim, though.  :)

No elevation, so honestly I have probably had harder weeks than this before.  But it's a personal best for flat mileage.  Small victories in flat DFW.

  • Like 14
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gruecd said:

Friend of mine (not Dot) ran 2:36 today in Carmel to win the women’s race, setting a new PR and CR in the process.

It’s only like her 6th marathon, and she doesn’t even have a real “pro” coach. I think she can go sub-2:30...

I just saw on strava that a friend of mine ran it in 2:47 and thought that was smoking fast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Iguana said:

I just saw on strava that a friend of mine ran it in 2:47 and thought that was smoking fast. 

 

13 hours ago, gruecd said:

Friend of mine (not Dot) ran 2:36 today in Carmel to win the women’s race, setting a new PR and CR in the process.

It’s only like her 6th marathon, and she doesn’t even have a real “pro” coach. I think she can go sub-2:30...

Well, a friend of mine did it in 2:29.

  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gianmarco said:
4 hours ago, The Iguana said:

I just saw on strava that a friend of mine ran it in 2:47 and thought that was smoking fast. 

 

17 hours ago, gruecd said:

Friend of mine (not Dot) ran 2:36 today in Carmel to win the women’s race, setting a new PR and CR in the process.

It’s only like her 6th marathon, and she doesn’t even have a real “pro” coach. I think she can go sub-2:30...

Well, a friend of mine did it in 2:29.

Link

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gianmarco said:

 

Well, a friend of mine did it in 2:29.

 

4 hours ago, JShare87 said:

Friend of mine did it in 2:28.

Not sure you guys know what a course record means...:oldunsure:

  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate race week.  Especially this race week.  I feel ridiculously unprepared and out of shape, which has me fearful of a colossal crash and burn.  Not the mindset you want leading up to an event.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gruecd said:

I hate race week.  Especially this race week.  I feel ridiculously unprepared and out of shape, which has me fearful of a colossal crash and burn.  Not the mindset you want leading up to an event.

You have a lot of experience pacing and running non-A race “fun” marathons. I’m sure if you run by feel you’ll manage just fine. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gruecd said:

I hate race week.  Especially this race week.  I feel ridiculously unprepared and out of shape, which has me fearful of a colossal crash and burn.  Not the mindset you want leading up to an event.

You're not capable of a colossal crash and burn. Not the @gruecd we know. Take that #### to some other message board. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

You have a lot of experience pacing and running non-A race “fun” marathons. I’m sure if you run by feel you’ll manage just fine. 

Yeah, but in my mind at least, this one is more important than your garden variety pacing gig.  I'd like to do something that tells me I'm at least in the ballpark of being able to run a PR race this fall.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

You're not capable of a colossal crash and burn. Not the @gruecd we know. Take that #### to some other message board. 

This.  Man, I was reading that thinking “ok, if this is how you feel imagine being APK for any race.”  I mean, if you watched The Last Dance, did MJ ever seem like he was worried about taking the final shot?  Meanwhile Bill Cartwright was like “oh hell yeah, send it down into the post!”  Anyway, I’m sleep deprived and rambling.  Look forward to reading a kick ### report from @gruecd

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Yeah, but in my mind at least, this one is more important than your garden variety pacing gig.  I'd like to do something that tells me I'm at least in the ballpark of being able to run a PR race this fall.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was also thinking of Carmel ‘19 when you dialed it back a little and ended up doing fine. If you crash and burn it would be because you ignored the early warning signs.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Yeah, that makes sense. I was also thinking of Carmel ‘19 when you dialed it back a little and ended up doing fine. If you crash and burn it would be because you ignored the early warning signs.  

Yep. Pretty sure this animal set a 10K PR during the final 6.2 during that marathon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gruecd said:

Yeah, but in my mind at least, this one is more important than your garden variety pacing gig.  I'd like to do something that tells me I'm at least in the ballpark of being able to run a PR race this fall.

Given your training you may not achieve this goal, but you also won't crash & burn. As long as your lab rat weather conditions are activated you have a unique ability to grind long distances despite it not being your day. Just need to be aware of and listen to the early warning signs, like juxt said.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gruecd said:

I hate race week.  Especially this race week.  I feel ridiculously unprepared and out of shape, which has me fearful of a colossal crash and burn.  Not the mindset you want leading up to an event.

Just skip it, you don’t need this kind of anxiety.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JShare87 said:

Yep. Pretty sure this animal set a 10K PR during the final 6.2 during that marathon.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did finish fast for a nice negative split, but it was nowhere near a PR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gruecd said:

I hate race week.  Especially this race week.  I feel ridiculously unprepared and out of shape, which has me fearful of a colossal crash and burn.  Not the mindset you want leading up to an event.

Can't speak to the prep, you're usually on top of that more than almost anyone.

But you're definitely not out of shape.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Hi, I'm here to complain about the warm weather. Is this the right thread?

And being out of shape.

Yes. Welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 6:44 AM, -OZ- said:

 

On 4/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, -OZ- said:

Day 3, 125 seemed fitting for today's races. Winners and losers, social distortion

 

On 4/4/2021 at 9:23 AM, -OZ- said:

 

Day 4: 111 Still counting, volbeat

Day 5: 100 Face down, red jumpsuit apparatus

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bushdocda said:

Pretty sure I did 10 pushups I didn’t count but not sure. This sucks. 

Video yourself, post it on tiktok and send us the link.

We'll be nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Hi, I'm here to complain about the warm weather. Is this the right thread?

Yep.

Low 70s here. Humidity hasn't gotten crazy yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Hi, I'm here to complain about the warm weather. Is this the right thread?

I got out tonight after some rain, damp and 48 degrees, absolutely perfect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Money on the three guys in singlets, and dude in the the orange hat.

Arms crossed dgaf woman in the back a sneaky bet though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 1: 95 Bare in the basin, gaelic storm

Day 2: 111 Safari song, Greta fleet

Day 3, 125 winners and losers, social distortion

Day 4: 111 Still counting, volbeat

Day 5: 100 Face down, red jumpsuit apparatus

Day 6: 102 Blinding lights, the weeknd

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Juxtatarot said:

By looking at this photo only,  rank in order the top four runners. Let’s see if anyone gets it right.

I am guessing that there is a surprise since you're posting the photo, but based on how they are dressed the man in yellow is finishing last. Nebraska is a wild card, he likely traveled farthest for the race and is clearly a little crazy not wearing gloves (could be an elite athlete and win the race by a minute), but he doesn't have the typical runner's legs so I pick him to finish 3rd. You are the only one appropriately dressed for the race, I have you in 2nd. 5128 is my winner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pbm107 said:

I am guessing that there is a surprise since you're posting the photo, but based on how they are dressed the man in yellow is finishing last. Nebraska is a wild card, he likely traveled farthest for the race and is clearly a little crazy not wearing gloves (could be an elite athlete and win the race by a minute), but he doesn't have the typical runner's legs so I pick him to finish 3rd. You are the only one appropriately dressed for the race, I have you in 2nd. 5128 is my winner.

Very close.  Good job.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...