What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (8 Viewers)

Same goal as last 2. BQ-10, which is 3:40 (8:24 pacing). Since I'm not running, I'll be tracking and posting updates anyway.
I'm sure you'll comply, but if at any point you think you're providing too many updates you're wrong. Wife & I are doing a long weekend in Cincy and I don't expect to be on my phone otherwise, but I intend to check as frequently as possible Sat am. 

I am actually curious if anyone is wearing compression socks.  Or compression sleeves?  I did the latter in Boston, FYI and NTTAWWT.
I’ve worn compression calf sleeves in all running races or when wetsuits are legal in tri. Big fan but I don’t wear them often in training. 

I’ll mention it here because I don’t want to mention it elsewhere. 
this week I’m chaperoning my 5th grader on the school camping trip. Should be fun. 
but the bigger thing, while we’re gone my wife and daughter are meeting with Al Roker for the thanksgiving episode of the today show. Should be pretty cool, but I sort of feel like I’m being absentee dad while they’re doing that. Al and his group will fly here, they won’t take the girls to NYC. 

I’ll mention it here because I don’t want to mention it elsewhere. 
this week I’m chaperoning my 5th grader on the school camping trip. Should be fun. 
but the bigger thing, while we’re gone my wife and daughter are meeting with Al Roker for the thanksgiving episode of the today show. Should be pretty cool, but I sort of feel like I’m being absentee dad while they’re doing that. Al and his group will fly here, they won’t take the girls to NYC. 
how'd that happen?

I am actually curious if anyone is wearing compression socks.  Or compression sleeves?  I did the latter in Boston, FYI and NTTAWWT.
I will be bringing all the compression, haven’t run in compression leg things in a while but I like it so it’s probable that I will. Arm sleeves and tank (I’m not fast enough to call it a singlet) are pretty certain too given the temps. Balega socks. Brooks Sherpa shorts. 

Monumental Marathon is sold out.

(my sense is they just close registration to be able to say they sold out.  There aren’t many people registering for a marathon 4 days prior to the race.)

how'd that happen?
My wife has been part of an ongoing panel with doctors, nurses and others. Her role is to discuss parent and patient care. Our daughter has been in a lot of st Jude’s stuff including her art work will be put onto a golf bag and maybe some other stuff ping makes for charity. She was part of the last fedex golf tournament although they didn’t show her on TV.  wife and daughter interviewed with ALSAC a month or so ago as part of their outreach. Apparently that went well so the today show is using her this year for their annual show.  
also, our daughter is supposed to be the make a wish story of the year or something like that. 🤷
The whole thing is pretty cool, they’ll interview her donor too which is especially awesome.  Her donor is a medical student who seems to really have her act together. Together they make a great story. 
So you get the international adoption story, discovering the rare genetic disease, be the match for bone marrow transplant, St Jude’s, and make a wish all together. It’s a good story. 

My wife has been part of an ongoing panel with doctors, nurses and others. Her role is to discuss parent and patient care. Our daughter has been in a lot of st Jude’s stuff including her art work will be put onto a golf bag and maybe some other stuff ping makes for charity. She was part of the last fedex golf tournament although they didn’t show her on TV.  wife and daughter interviewed with ALSAC a month or so ago as part of their outreach. Apparently that went well so the today show is using her this year for their annual show.  
also, our daughter is supposed to be the make a wish story of the year or something like that. 🤷
The whole thing is pretty cool, they’ll interview her donor too which is especially awesome.  Her donor is a medical student who seems to really have her act together. Together they make a great story. 
So you get the international adoption story, discovering the rare genetic disease, be the match for bone marrow transplant, St Jude’s, and make a wish all together. It’s a good story. 
Hope you and the fam can make it to a race sometime.  Would love to meet you all.

TIL that I'm supposed to be running in fancy socks.  I've always just used cheap cotton ones, with the exception of one alpaca pair I have that make my feet itch.

gianmarco said:
I don't know anywhere near enough about this stuff to guess.  I would trust what you guys think about this.  Open to thoughts.
I'd still wouldn't feel comfortable unless I'm BQ-10.  Especially with the likely return of international runners.

Also of note, the BAA announced that all athletes must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in 2022.  No more option to get a negative test instead.

gianmarco said:
I don't know anywhere near enough about this stuff to guess.  I would trust what you guys think about this.  Open to thoughts.
I think BQ -5 is still dangerous territory. You have pent up demand from international runners, you have an extended window to qualify. 

On the positive side, will some people skip Boston after doing it just 6 months prior and how many runners are turned off by the vaccine mandate (not many since 93% were already vaccinated in 2021 before the mandate)

If I was to guess, I'd say 4:30 would be the cut off, but I'm not entirely sure and this isn't educated by numbers....just my gut.

I threw you a pity like and you didn’t reciprocate with a like for my microchip bib joke you got what’s coming to you I’m revoking the like
Laughing like submitted, didn't see your post, and yes it's funny. 

And there's not a lot of room for like whores in this thread, so just keep that in mind.

I think BQ -5 is still dangerous territory. You have pent up demand from international runners, you have an extended window to qualify. 

On the positive side, will some people skip Boston after doing it just 6 months prior and how many runners are turned off by the vaccine mandate (not many since 93% were already vaccinated in 2021 before the mandate)

If I was to guess, I'd say 4:30 would be the cut off, but I'm not entirely sure and this isn't educated by numbers....just my gut.
I would be positively flabbergasted if it’s under 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread