What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (8 Viewers)

Is it a little weird that she alerted the media and gave interviews about it? 
This is a GREAT point.  I'd be embarrassed!  Can you imagine you are about to hire someone who crushed an interview at your company and you decide to just google her to find out if there is anything nefarious out on the internet and this pops up? 

It depends what kind of poop we are talking about. If it was just a little, I probably do exactly what she did. Liquidy or a large amount, don’t think I could do it. It would also depend on how the run was going. She clearly weighed all those options and made her choice.
But can you even imagine the chaffing?  Ouch.

This is a GREAT point.  I'd be embarrassed!  Can you imagine you are about to hire someone who crushed an interview at your company and you decide to just google her to find out if there is anything nefarious out on the internet and this pops up? 
And really, if the need is that great, a #2 porta-potty stop could arguably be quicker than a #1 stop.  It's not like she's going to sit there perusing the latest edition of Runner's World while waitin' for something to happen.  Enter; explode; exit (with or without a wipe).  The post-poop adrenaline (PPATM) would help make up the lost seconds.

Runners are weird.

And really, if the need is that great, a #2 porta-potty stop could arguably be quicker than a #1 stop.  It's not like she's going to sit there perusing the latest edition of Runner's World while waitin' for something to happen.  Enter; explode; exit (with or without a wipe).  The post-poop adrenaline (PPATM) would help make up the lost seconds.

Runners are weird.
And here I always thought "PPA" referred to the Pension Protection Act of 2006.  All these years I've had it wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
She ran a 3:07 guys.

But yeah. 13 miles with THAT in your drawers? No. 

That said, I used to pee while running my 1/2 IMs. To save 60 seconds in a 5+ hr race. I've told the story in the old thread, but first time I did it I had waited to run by a very pretty young woman racer...let it rip once I'd gotten clear. In training this had been somewhat innocuous, but race day stuff had rearranged down there in the tri shorts, prompting a Versailles fountains explosion up and off to the side. The giggles from behind was all I needed to know.

Seems like a good quality to find in an employee.  So committed to her goals that she’s willing to do anything to get them done.  I’d hire her.

Ordered new running shoes last night. Just thought you all might like to know.
I need some new ones and would love suggestions. I’ve been running in new balances.  I tried the local marathon store and they don’t consistently tell me the same thing which is weird. I guess one foot pronates and the other is straight ahead or something 

@gruecd

Need FF advice in a running thread on a non-FF section of a FF message board.

Is Jordan Love starting FF material against KC?  

I consciously avoided unvaxxed players in my auction, not knowing that Rodgers was lying to the media about his status, and as such didn't hesitate to take him as my starting QB.  :rant:

Now I need a QB for 1-2 weeks and things are really thin.  It would be Love or Hill/Seimian, Tyrod, or some other unrostered QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need some new ones and would love suggestions. I’ve been running in new balances.  I tried the local marathon store and they don’t consistently tell me the same thing which is weird. I guess one foot pronates and the other is straight ahead or something 
I've really enjoyed the NB Beacon V3s ...decent price point at well ($120-130?).

Details, man.  To runners, this is like saying you had a hot date with a supermodel last night, and just leaving it at that.
Oh, sorry.

Mizuno Wave Rider 24. Been running in this same model for 8 years now. No reason for me to change at this point. 

I think a lot of people are like this. I know I am.

I feel like my left foot lands perfectly straight every single time but my right foot is all over the place. I just run with a neutral shoe and it all works out ok.

All I would say is go to your local store and try 3-4 different brands. I did that years ago and settled on the Mizuno Wave Rider. I knew pretty quick just based on feel that they were the way to go. Every 3 or 4 years I go and do the same process to see if anything else feels better, but I always end up back with the Mizuno.

15 half's and 3 marathons later and countless miles and I never ever get blisters. So I go with old reliable. 

seems like this could very easily be a positive more than a negative, no? dedication, baby! commitment! doing whatever it takes! I mean, if that's the thing that stops you from hiring someone, she probably wouldn't want to work for you anyway. 

Pretty sure I'm not doing any interviews in my office, sitting down. Otherwise, she probably has a lot to offer.

Pretty sure I'm not doing any interviews in my office, sitting down. Otherwise, she probably has a lot to offer.
I can imagine how an interview with her goes:

"How are your tech skills?"

"They're great!  I s### you not."

"Are you a team player?"

"Absolutely!  I s### you not."

"Well, then, here's our offer."

"That's just what I was hoping for!  I s### you not!"

@gruecd

Need FF advice in a running thread on a non-FF section of a FF message board.

Is Jordan Love starting FF material against KC?  

I consciously avoided unvaxxed players in my auction, not knowing that Rodgers was lying to the media about his status, and as such didn't hesitate to take him as my starting QB.  :rant:

Now I need a QB for 1-2 weeks and things are really thin.  It would be Love or Hill/Seimian, Tyrod, or some other unrostered QB.
I think he could be OK.  My gut says that they'll run the ball 30+ times similar to what they did against Arizona, combined with a conservative, high-percentage passing attack.  Is he going to get you 30 points?  Probably not.  But as @ChiefDwill tell you, KC's defense certainly isn't its strength, so maybe he hits on a couple of long ones to MVS or Davante...

El Floppo said:
At my annual physical right now. 

Same place, exactly a year ago I discovered I was back at IM weight (185) due to the running, after years of hovering around two bucks. Guess who gained 10lbs since he stopped running a couple months ago.

This is my big fear now that my race is over.  It doesnt help that we have 20 lbs of Halloween candy and are heading into the feeding frenzy holidays.

:porked:

So for tracking purposes:

@gruecd bib: 1691. goal:  :confused:

@pbm107 bib: 1382. goal: 2:54:59. try to get to 13.1 at 1:27:30.

@bushdocda bib: 2695. goal: 3:24:xx & at the half on 1:43 mins. PR is 3:33:55

@SteelCurtain bib: 1535.  goal: 3:30 (pacer)

@The Iguana bib: 7482.  goal: keep up with SteelCurtain or don't die

@gianmarco bib: *69. goal: couple of minutes
Everyone is loaded into the tracking app.  Let's do this boys!

So for tracking purposes:

@gruecd bib: 1691. goal:  :confused:

@pbm107 bib: 1382. goal: 2:54:59. try to get to 13.1 at 1:27:30.

@bushdocda bib: 2695. goal: 3:24:xx & at the half on 1:43 mins. PR is 3:33:55

@SteelCurtain bib: 1535.  goal: 3:30 (pacer)

@The Iguana bib: 7482.  goal: keep up with SteelCurtain or don't die

@gianmarco bib: *69. goal: couple of minutes
Everyone is loaded into the tracking app.  Let's do this boys!
I'll be grazing at the buffet- bib: lobster. goal: 10:00 lbs- please provide update.

Yo. So it's been a while since I've logged on here. Not even sure when the last time was. Been a crazy last few months with prepping for a move from France, doing some whirlwind goodbye tours with friends, actually moving, and settling down in Chicago again with my wife and 11-month old. 

Needless to say, running has not been a part of my day to day for some time now. I was signed up to run the full in Indy this weekend and my wife signed up to do the half. She's still running but there was a tipping point where I just couldn't commit to the full with so much going on. 

So in short I'll still be heading down to Indy with the family (arriving Friday evening and staying til Sunday morning) and it'd be great to meet you guys and cheer you all on!

Yo. So it's been a while since I've logged on here. Not even sure when the last time was. Been a crazy last few months with prepping for a move from France, doing some whirlwind goodbye tours with friends, actually moving, and settling down in Chicago again with my wife and 11-month old. 

Needless to say, running has not been a part of my day to day for some time now. I was signed up to run the full in Indy this weekend and my wife signed up to do the half. She's still running but there was a tipping point where I just couldn't commit to the full with so much going on. 

So in short I'll still be heading down to Indy with the family (arriving Friday evening and staying til Sunday morning) and it'd be great to meet you guys and cheer you all on!
"I gotta change dinner reservations again???!!?"

-- @gruecd

@gianmarco thanks again for mentioning the Saucony Endorphin Pros.  I did my second interval day in them today.  They feel amazingly light, but I was a bit disappointed that when I wore them last week I couldn't shave any time off the 400s I had run in old shoes the week prior.  Was hoping it was because it was quite windy that day, and based on today I think that was the deal - had perfect weather and a noticeably improved pace as a result.  I'm definitely going to try to "save" these as with how little there is to them I can't imagine they'll hold up long.  Plan is to Turkey Trot these to a 5K PR in 23 days.

I figure those long bike adventures fell under the "for the love of the game" clause.

Where did you settle in Chicago?  

Long story short is that we moved back to Chicago on August 30, and closed on a house in the city (North Center/Lincoln Square neighborhood for those that are familiar) about a week later. We were house hunting from France and found something, did all of the inspection, loan work, etc remotely and the first time we stepped foot in it was on the day of closing. Yikes. Luckily we like it!

We also moved back with very few possessions (other than some clothes, books, and bikes) and so it's been a hell of a time trying to buy stuff just to live these days. Feels like everything we have is a temporary piece from Facebook marketplace. 

Got our daughter in daycare and just in the last week or two we've been able to find some normalcy in life. Running will come again sometime soon....

And so it begins: Signed up for a local zoo's Reindeer Run on the evening of November 20 - a 2 mile fun run through the zoo ...which I'll be running with my almost-five year old grandson.  :wub:  

Nice! We just signed my 9 and 7 year olds for their first 5k on 11/21.  Of course, the only way we got them to do it was because it's the Hot Chocolate event and they want the after race goodies (baby steps).

May have to pull a @gruecd and strap one of my companions to my back to get them across the finish line.

I have been running very little and just doing the half as a "fun run". You running at all or just hanging on the sidelines with gian?

Users who are viewing this thread