What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (8 Viewers)

Back to civilization!  Slow start for Duck with the snow and a couple miles of deep mud.  He basically didn't/couldn't even run for the nine miles.  He was in good shape and good spirits at mile 38.  He's a bit tight for 30 hours, but we're optimistic.  Right now he's entering a couple big dips and climbs (the canyons) where temps are probably 100.  We'll see how he survives that.

Back to civilization!  Slow start for Duck with the snow and a couple miles of deep mud.  He basically didn't/couldn't even run for the nine miles.  He was in good shape and good spirits at mile 38.  He's a bit tight for 30 hours, but we're optimistic.  Right now he's entering a couple big dips and climbs (the canyons) where temps are probably 100.  We'll see how he survives that.
Is there anyone there to update us overnight?  Nada on the updates after mile 62 for ages.

At Peachstone, mile 70.7, Ryan Sandes is 2nd. He's 43 minutes back, having closed 10 minutes on Walmsley in 8.5 miles. Looks good. #WS100

Walmsley is slowing....

iRunFar @iRunFar

Regarding Walmsley at mile 70.7, record pace is 10:30 elapsed. He arrived under it, and left over it. #WS100

Um, sure!  It'll be something like midnight to 4 or 5 am.

and just to say: having helped to lube Duck's feet (and given that I don't give my wife foot massages), I now know more about my internet friend's feet than anyone else I know.
I feel like only a select few that frequent this thread wouldn't have a problem with that. Anybody coming here for the first time would probably go straight to the bikers thread :loco:

Um, sure!  It'll be something like midnight to 4 or 5 am.

and just to say: having helped to lube Duck's feet (and given that I don't give my wife foot massages), I now know more about my internet friend's feet than anyone else I know.
That, right there, may be my favorite post ever in the history of this threa...errr, in the history of FootballGu...errr, well basically in the history of the internet.   :yucky:   :lmao:

I feel like only a select few that frequent this thread wouldn't have a problem with that. Anybody coming here for the first time would probably go straight to the bikers thread :loco:
Or the stickers thread. 

Eta - I think you mean only a select few would have a problem with that. :oldunsure:

Duck should hit the next Matt at about 6 PM
What did Matt do to him? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Walmsley is about a mile from Rucky Chucky. Albeit but confirmed he will be withdrawing from the race as his day is done. #WS100

I watch that video of him today.  Came off a little bit cocky which doesn't go over well with many in those circles.

Also heard he almost got flushed down the river and that they are doing boat crossings.

After Duck gets into Devils Thumb, it's a big downhill to El Dorado, but not easy.  Then the hardest part of the course to mile 55.  From there a very runable and fast 20 miles.

Updates at Devils Thumb seem to have stopped.

Lost some time on the cut-off. Hope he can make some up on the next segment.
Everyone did in that section.  Cutoffs aren't blended well.  That cutoff jump was based on 18 min pace.  Anyone running that last section at that pace will be challenging a 24 hour finish.   Michigan Bluff will be a tough cutoff for the back of the field to beat, but then it gets easier terrain wise.

Most recent finisher of the section Duck is now on ran the segment in 17:50 and ran the prior one at 23:33.

Looking at 7:40 pm for Duck to reach the next aid station.  The most recent finisher posted was 7:09 pm.

If I wasn't training for Chicago marathon AND seeing U2 tomorrow night, I could be convinced to stay up all night to watch this unfold.

Way to go DUCK.  Pumped for you.  I'll check on your status in AM.

Hardest 3 miles coming up. Last 3 to arrive a Michigan had a pace between 25-27 min. Should be expecting a 9:16 arrival for Duck ? inside 30 min on the cutoff but then he'll be able to roll and should have tri an by his side

Hardest 3 miles coming up. Last 3 to arrive a Michigan had a pace between 25-27 min. Should be expecting a 9:16 arrival for Duck ? inside 30 min on the cutoff but then he'll be able to roll and should have tri an by his side
Michigan Bluff running 40 mins behind on reports so it may be close to 1am EDT before the next Duck update.

Next segment is 6.3 miles.  Duck should be at roughly an 18 min pace.  That would be a 10:58 arrival and have him gaining time on the cutoff which is allotting 22.5 min pace for this section.

Getting great updates at Forest Hill.  Reporting within 2-3 minutes at the moment.  Runner 251 is in t 10:51.  She left the last station 15 minutes before Duck and ran a 19:08 pace.

Users who are viewing this thread