What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (13 Viewers)

Hot AF today, so I hit the gym for a little interval workout on the ol' dreadmill.

One mile warm-up, then 5 x 1 mile at 6:18 with 2-minute jog recoveries, then 1/2-mile cool down. Felt "comfortably uncomfortable" and probably could've done at least a couple more.

Contemplating doing a local 4-miler on the 4th, but it's not supposed to get any cooler, so I'll probably pass.
That’s some effort on the treadmill. Sounds painful

I ran today and it was 81, felt like 101. I don’t know about this suck index stuff but it was brutal for me.

that at I was cursing you BMF’s for telling me eggs was ok for my meal 2.5 hours previous to my run :puke:
Temp + dew point.

Good explanation here

Essentially

< 120 is normal

121-130 you may feel it a little

131-140 runs start to get more difficult

141-150 runs are difficult and it feels like running in water, lots of extra effort

151-160 runs are just plain awful

161-170 don't bother because it feels like death

170+ it is death

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email for $5 off on a race so I signed up for a combined 5K and 1 mile race in mid August. It's done on a racecar speedway at night under the lights! 

Looking at last year's results, I've got a shot to win the mile for my age group. Either way, should be fun and it'll break up the HM plan at the end of week 5 (which I didn't realize I need to start in just 2 weeks). 

HM plan at the end of week 5 (which I didn't realize I need to start in just 2 weeks). 
I think you will really enjoy the HM training. A regimented plan + it seems like you are embracing the challenge has all the makings of a good attitude going into the training cycle.

And speaking to your post earlier about thinking you may just not be a distance runner: I get this 100%. I think I have said this probably 20 times over the years in this thread. :lol: For me, HM training is probably about right - the proper amount of long distance to satisfy that long distance itch without the grind of a marathon.

But I will also tell you, the high I get at the end of a HM or marathon far exceeds anything I get from running a 5K. And if you ever go down the road to a marathon (which you will :) ), I promise you will hate the training but when you are running that last mile it is all worth it. And when you cross that finish line - man, it's just cool. Because nobody can ever take that away from you.

I swore I would never run another, but here I am. Base training at 4:00 am for a marathon next March. :lol:   It's a damn sickness.

I got an email for $5 off on a race so I signed up for a combined 5K and 1 mile race in mid August. It's done on a racecar speedway at night under the lights! 

Looking at last year's results, I've got a shot to win the mile for my age group. Either way, should be fun and it'll break up the HM plan at the end of week 5 (which I didn't realize I need to start in just 2 weeks). 
What they didn’t know is that you would have done it for a $4 coupon. 

Speaking of 5K's 

2018's run for the pierogies

The 6 am 13 minute slug through the neighborhood was as sweat filled as I thought it would. Thankfully the humidity would drop before the gun 2 hours later.

No issues with the morning routine - standard fueling, pipe cleaning without a hitch, and energy levels were clicking.

After a 1 mile warm up with a couple of strides and noting I wouldn't be the only shirt less dude I dumped the sleeveless tech in the van. Not dealing with that today. It was as forecasted, high 70's with a mid-high 60's dew point. It's going to suck, but this is still in the top end of my racing zone. 

Usual 5k stuff for the first half mile. Several went out too fast, so just locate those that look at least somewhat sustainable then draft. I settled into 5th as we entered one of the few straightaways then just found my pace. I wanted to rabbit off of 4, but he quickly turned into a kill as I could see he was fading from 2 and 3. 

As we reached the turnaround at mile 1 (5:20) neither of their body languages looked any good so I set my eyes on 2 as we re entered the straight away. Wherever he was battling he must have kicked because the feeling of blowing up started coming over me. That's an okay thing at mile 2.4 but not 1.4! But having him as my target did bring me up to 3rd so I backed it off then settled in behind him to stabilize things. 

As we neared mile 2 (5:54) it was still incredibly uncomfortable but no worse than before. I saw that we were joining with the one mile walkers so I decided to make my move and kill his will then use the walkers as motivational spectators. 

Mile 3 was pure sufferage. It was more exposed to the sun than the first two miles and I was dancing on my limits. I was able to use killing the previous #3 for the first part of the mile, but despite the crowd support I was struggling to maintain focus and pace. It was hot. I was fired. Just get to the final loop then kick it in I guess because I dont remember anything but images of people during this section. 

I had a mini kick to finish (5:48) but I could tell my legs were toast, so despite not being at my goal (sub 17)  I felt better about my effort. That was confirmed after when I looked at my splits - started off too fast, held on for dear life, then battled the suck to a faster 3rd mile than 2nd.

17:17, 3rd overall, 2nd age group

In the end, this race was just a bench mark setter. Yeah I tapered (sort of) but I've not been race training and those conditions sucked some seconds off my time. Happy with my effort today though. And now for beers and to figure out what's next...

Great day today.  Hammered out three ascents of Prairie Mountain.  As a result:

• PR for single-day elevation gain (2,100m)
  • PR for monthly distance (219km)
  • PR for monthly elevation gain (7,276m)
Funny story from today.  I got started early (as usual) and on the first ascent I passed a couple of guys descending.  One looked like an ultra runner (all ultra runners seemingly look the same).  Anyways, everybody is friendly on the trails and I said "howdy" and kept hiking.  I see him on the way up again when I'm descending and then again when I'm on ascent #2.  As he passes me he recognizes me and says "nice work".  Hah, cool.  For a fit ultra runner to pay me a compliment totally motivated me for the rest of that climb and then #3.  Little stuff like that is great.  

Today was my last big push before I attempt The Triple Crown of Canmore in three weeks.  Can't wait to give that goal a go.

I will say that, after talking with him, I came to the realization that I may not be built for long distances.  What I mean is, I don't really like longer runs and never realized that that is actually "ok".  He mentioned that some people that he coaches focus on 5Ks and 10Ks and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I've come to the realization that I'd rather make it hurt for that shorter time and that I enjoy doing a tough 40 min tempo run much more than slogging through 9-10 miles at a slower pace.  My wife is the exact opposite and I keep trying to like it but just can't.  I had this realization point in our conversation inadvertently when discussing goals and what I'm looking for that it's completely ok.  So I'm going to run this HM in October and see how the training and race goes.  At that point, I'll decide if I want to even bother with those distances or just keep it enjoyable and do what I've done these last 2-3 months.  I'm still going to consider doing the J&J that @JShare87 has run next year.  Or the Disney marathon in a year and a half.  But I also understand I may not ever have the desire to put that much training in.  So I guess we'll see.
I don't think many (any?) of us "like" marathon training.  I also think you may not "enjoy" tough tempo runs after you done a bunch of them.  They are great when you are improving but really suck after you've set the bar high from past performances.  

Running a marathon and running it well is more about the challenge and the sacrifices to get your body to do something that only a tiny percent of the population can do.  It's not about having fun.  It's a different type of reward.

Your coach is right, of course, it is perfectly OK to only focus on shorter races.  But the best 5K or 10K training you can do is to train for a marathon and get in that higher mileage.  From reading your posts, I'm 99% positive you'll decide to do this.  If not soon, within the next few years.  

Finished a long 26.6 mile run this morning before hiking and backpacking with my son and the Boy Scouts in Vermont. Was considering slipping away for a trail run but with the heat that we will be dealing with, I’m less likely inclined to do that.

Passed 1,500 miles. (Only ran 2,011 last year.). Eyeing a 3,000 number (which is about 58 miles per week.  

Back late on July 4.  Enjoy the weekend and early part of the week fellas!  Anyone racing this weekend or on July 4?
All the likes - nice long run, backpacking trip coming up next, that’s awesome.  

I will say that, after talking with him, I came to the realization that I may not be built for long distances.  What I mean is, I don't really like longer runs and never realized that that is actually "ok". 
Dude, that’s more than “ok”. That’s one of the things that is so cool about this sport is that it’s really a bunch of different sports.  Just in this thread at one end you have the 17 minute 5k dudes, and at the other end you have, well, me.  And a whole bunch of in between.  If shorter distances fit what you want to do right now, go for it.  And as a few others have said, you may end up finding your way to longer stuff or even crazy #### like @JAA endurance swims in the future.  Or you might not, no big deal.  Just do what brings you the best mix of challenge and enjoyment that fits into your current lifestyle, and you’ll be all good.

Great day today.  Hammered out three ascents of Prairie Mountain.  As a result:

• PR for single-day elevation gain (2,100m)
  • PR for monthly distance (219km)
  • PR for monthly elevation gain (7,276m)
Funny story from today.  I got started early (as usual) and on the first ascent I passed a couple of guys descending.  One looked like an ultra runner (all ultra runners seemingly look the same).  Anyways, everybody is friendly on the trails and I said "howdy" and kept hiking.  I see him on the way up again when I'm descending and then again when I'm on ascent #2.  As he passes me he recognizes me and says "nice work".  Hah, cool.  For a fit ultra runner to pay me a compliment totally motivated me for the rest of that climb and then #3.  Little stuff like that is great.  

Today was my last big push before I attempt The Triple Crown of Canmore in three weeks.  Can't wait to give that goal a go.
Wow!  I had to do some conversions to get it, but almost 7’000’ in 14 miles!  That’s awesome.  Great pics as well, looks beautiful there.  You’ve had a hell of a week with 54 miles and 11,214’ - I need a week like that!

Wow!  I had to do some conversions to get it, but almost 7’000’ in 14 miles!  That’s awesome.  Great pics as well, looks beautiful there.  You’ve had a hell of a week with 54 miles and 11,214’ - I need a week like that!
Yeah earlier in the week I was in DC for work and had to take the opportunity to run the mall a couple of times.  That was really cool.  Then I took Thu/Fri off this week and took advantage with a couple more runs/hikes.  Probably won't have a week like this again for a while but it's been a good one.  

.But the best 5K or 10K training you can do is to train for a marathon and get in that higher mileage.    
:yes:

I'm taking that philosophy with *cycling right now.

* I corrected it but had to laugh and share that cycling was autocorrected to a much more enjoyable activity. Sadly, I cycle much more often lately.

None of us noticed the 5 second miss.  Nope.  Not at all.   :D

And @JAA, I start my taper, too, for my little tri next Sunday.  Did another brick today - third in the last seven days.  As always, as a tri gets close, I wish I had 3-4 more weeks to sharpen up.  But I'm ready to go! 
Do you see a significant benefit in that many bricks? I'm enjoying having done one every other week or so, and I understand the mental side but is there an objective, tangible benefit in doing them as often as you did?

Welcome to July yall, pleased to see I’m up 125 miles on last year through June (568 vs 443) and this quarter will be a big one with a couple races along the way to October A race. 

Hope it’s been a great weekend and maybe some time off coming your way this week. 

Do you see a significant benefit in that many bricks? I'm enjoying having done one every other week or so, and I understand the mental side but is there an objective, tangible benefit in doing them as often as you did?
Last time I was doing tris (13yrs ago, so big caveat) was part of a tri club with "pro" coaches who worked out our whole IM training schedule, including races. Fwiw, we didn't do that many bricks.

Missed the last two weeks...sick one, kids birthdays the next. Ran 5.5 this morning in the stinking heat/humidity. Ended up walking a mile, we were both not wanting to push into suck meter world. Slow and low, that was the tempo.

-OZ- said:
I’ve heard conflicting reports. Some love the specificity some don’t like the over exertion with potential for injury. 

I’m indifferent. I love the feeling of accomplishment of them, but I’m not sure they do much for me overall. Definitely mental help, but these days my issues are more physical than mental. 

So, we have a friend who can get us a friends and family discount with Marriott, so we booked our hotel for next March in Carmel, IN for the marathon. 

We’ll be staying at The Renaissance Hotel, which has a shuttle to the start/finish line.  So I’ve paid the entry fee, booked the hotel, so I’m pot committed at this point. Wife is finally on board, and mentally I’m there too.

Body feeling great right now - honing my diet and just feel pretty damn good overall. The plan for the next few months is just keep grinding slow miles. The weather is a beeyotch right now, but looking back the last couple of marathon training cycles I think I’m in a pretty good place. 

Once the cool weather comes I need to ramp up some speed work. Need to start experiencing with some better race day nutrition. Thinking about packing a turkey sandwich or something.

So, we have a friend who can get us a friends and family discount with Marriott, so we booked our hotel for next March in Carmel, IN for the marathon. 

We’ll be staying at The Renaissance Hotel, which has a shuttle to the start/finish line.
That's where we stayed. Nice hotel, and the shuttle was slick.

We’ll be staying at The Renaissance Hotel, which has a shuttle to the start/finish line.  So I’ve paid the entry fee, booked the hotel, so I’m pot committed at this point. Wife is finally on board, and mentally I’m there too.

Body feeling great right now - honing my diet and just feel pretty damn good overall. The plan for the next few months is just keep grinding slow miles. The weather is a beeyotch right now, but looking back the last couple of marathon training cycles I think I’m in a pretty good place. 

Once the cool weather comes I need to ramp up some speed work. Need to start experiencing with some better race day nutrition. Thinking about packing a turkey sandwich or something.
I’m so ####### tired of cliff bars.  Yes, I said it. 

I’m considering quartering my PB@honey sammiches into snack baggies. Gotta figure out how to not smush them. 

-OZ- said:
I feel like it worked for me, mentally as much as physically.  It might have been overkill, but my leaning is toward more intense training.  I was actually quite surprised by the rapid progress over the month prior to the race.

I feel like it worked for me, mentally as much as physically.  It might have been overkill, but my leaning is toward more intense training.  I was actually quite surprised by the rapid progress over the month prior to the race.
I can see doing a brick each weekend. During the week would be really tough time wise. Sure, u could do 45 minutes bike and a mile or two run, but does that actually help more than a good hour ride or run? I know this stuff is largely personal and an art form, so I guess I'm not really looking for the answer but discussion is good.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Decent weekend of running.  Did 10 miles indoors at the Pettit on Saturday morning including 10 x 100M strides.  I find it helpful to do the strides at the Pettit because it helps break up the monotony of running around in a circle 37 times.  I just do a stride the first 100M of every even-numbered lap from 18-36, and it's a little less boring that way.

Sat by the pool and drank the new Bud Light Orange (perfect for hot summer days, btw) the rest of the day, then a hot, sweaty 6 miler yesterday morning before doing more of the same yesterday afternoon.

Total 193 miles in June, running 25/30 days including the last 22 days consecutively.  Another 6 weeks of "pre-training," and then I start my 12-week focused block for Indy.

Oh yeah, it was a little cooler outside this morning, and I was feeling strong on my run, so I decided to sprint one of the hills on my route in order to hopefully get the Strava CR.  Missed it by ONE second...  :hot:

I'm coming for you, Henry...  :boxing:

Decent weekend of cycling. 

It's funny how much better I feel on the bike when it's hot, but still end up completely soaked in sweat. Sweat dripping into your eyes while riding is both disgusting and strangely satisfying.

Also, apparently my tempo effort at 157SI averages in the zone 2, pretty much MAF range. Went higher towards the end and on hills but I'm having a difficult time staying above 150bpm.

Today’s off day was used to fulfill my 8 hour trail work volunteer requirement for AC100.  So I spent 8 hours up on trails in the Marin Headlands with a rake and a broom following around a crew with gas-powered clippers, cleaning up all the brush they cut.  Wasn’t too bad, and it’s always a good reminder that these amazing trails I have access to here require a lot of work to get and stay that way.

Pretty sure I’ll be sore tomorrow, though.....

Solid 11-miler this morning on the same paved bike trail that I ran last Wednesday.  Legs weren't feeling super fresh, so I had to work a little harder than usual the last few miles, but I still managed to average 7:45 with my last mile the fastest at 7:23.

Meeting a buddy tomorrow morning for another 12, so it'll be interesting to see how the legs respond, especially given the warm, humid weather.  Focusing on hydration the rest of today.

Not exactly sure how I managed to avg sub 8 for an hour 10 amidst a 91/73, but I'm not going to complain. My hand held started off as a brick of ice and still progressed to luke warm by the end. 

Man, amazing how much I've taken good health for granted.  Never again.  I had been pretty miserable for about a 5-6 week stretch.  Constant headaches (I never get headaches), neck/shoulder pain, constant fatigue, occasional queasy stomach.  Finally got into my doctor last Tuesday.  After describing my symptoms and informing him about a bite I had on my upper ### that coincided with when I started feeling unwell, and how that bite spread to the size of a silver dollar (but not the classic bullseye) and took over a month to heal, he thought the possibility of Lyme Disease concerning enough to immediately start me on 14 days of Doxycycline.  In the meantime, he ran full bloodwork as well as the Lyme test.  He indicated that the Lyme test was notoriously unreliable and often times gave false positive or false negative results, but that if it came back positive it would be one more data point.  Instructed me that even if it came back negative, that I should finish the course of Doxycycline.  A day after my appointment my bloodwork came back normal.  Two days into the antibiotics I was having stretches throughout the day where I felt pretty normal.  Then later that day the Lyme test result thankfully came back negative.  So here I am halfway through the course of antibiotics and I feel about 90-95% better.  Insane how debilitating it felt to have a constant headache, sleep for 10 hours, and wake up feeling exactly the same...every day for 6 weeks.  So, I'm looking to take nothing for granted now.  Hopefully I fully kick whatever was going on and get back to feeling completely healthy.  Hope all of you dealing with nagging injuries or health concerns don't have to deal with those for any longer than absolutely necessary. 

Three straight days of running for me, about to make it four.  I also found out about a new trail race with the inaugural event being held this October, six weeks after my 100.  It's a 12 hour event on a 5.7 mile loop on the bike trails that run through the park adjacent to my house.  The loop actually comes within about 0.2 miles of our house, so I'm leaning towards giving it a go.  Only downside is that it falls of my wife's birthday this year.  :loco:  

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!

Man, amazing how much I've taken good health for granted.  Never again.  I had been pretty miserable for about a 5-6 week stretch.  Constant headaches (I never get headaches), neck/shoulder pain, constant fatigue, occasional queasy stomach.  Finally got into my doctor last Tuesday.  After describing my symptoms and informing him about a bite I had on my upper ### that coincided with when I started feeling unwell, and how that bite spread to the size of a silver dollar (but not the classic bullseye) and took over a month to heal, he thought the possibility of Lyme Disease concerning enough to immediately start me on 14 days of Doxycycline.  In the meantime, he ran full bloodwork as well as the Lyme test.  He indicated that the Lyme test was notoriously unreliable and often times gave false positive or false negative results, but that if it came back positive it would be one more data point.  Instructed me that even if it came back negative, that I should finish the course of Doxycycline.  A day after my appointment my bloodwork came back normal.  Two days into the antibiotics I was having stretches throughout the day where I felt pretty normal.  Then later that day the Lyme test result thankfully came back negative.  So here I am halfway through the course of antibiotics and I feel about 90-95% better.  Insane how debilitating it felt to have a constant headache, sleep for 10 hours, and wake up feeling exactly the same...every day for 6 weeks.  So, I'm looking to take nothing for granted now.  Hopefully I fully kick whatever was going on and get back to feeling completely healthy.  Hope all of you dealing with nagging injuries or health concerns don't have to deal with those for any longer than absolutely necessary. 

Three straight days of running for me, about to make it four.  I also found out about a new trail race with the inaugural event being held this October, six weeks after my 100.  It's a 12 hour event on a 5.7 mile loop on the bike trails that run through the park adjacent to my house.  The loop actually comes within about 0.2 miles of our house, so I'm leaning towards giving it a go.  Only downside is that it falls of my wife's birthday this year.  :loco:  

Damn dude, lyme is scary stuff.  Glad it doesn't look like that's the issue, and whatever it is seems to be clearing up quickly.  And here I am upset that after years of being immune, now apparently being near poison oak wearing long sleeves and pants is enough to give me the rash - already itching on both arms after yesterday's trail work.

And that race sounds stupid.  And on your wife's birthday.  You've gotta do it! ;)

Hope you’re on the right track health wise and back on trail where you want to be!

:hey:

Just to prove I'm still alive.  Ridiculously hot/humid ride at 163 SI.  I don't remember going out in harder conditions than that (not even the monsoon I got hit with Sunday).  Trying to get back into it.

Was up some of y'alls way last week in Madison.  70s, non-humid, meeting in a Frank Lloyd Wright building over the lake.  I could get used to that.  I've been there twice in June and will just keep the June vision in my head as that place rules in summer.  Oh, and the cycling class I went to was awesome.  I can't even describe the awesomeness without getting a timeout.  Lululemon is truly the most significant technological advance in the 21st century...

:hey:

Just to prove I'm still alive.  Ridiculously hot/humid ride at 163 SI.  I don't remember going out in harder conditions than that (not even the monsoon I got hit with Sunday).  Trying to get back into it.

Was up some of y'alls way last week in Madison.  70s, non-humid, meeting in a Frank Lloyd Wright building over the lake.  I could get used to that.  I've been there twice in June and will just keep the June vision in my head as that place rules in summer.  Oh, and the cycling class I went to was awesome.  I can't even describe the awesomeness without getting a timeout.  Lululemon is truly the most significant technological advance in the 21st century...
You were an hour away and didn't tell me? Boooooooo!

You were an hour away and didn't tell me? Boooooooo!
Sorry, bud.  Pretty much early morning was my only opportunity to get out.  After that meetings, client lunches, meetings, client dinners ad nauseum.  It was not a pleasure trip (though Madison in June is a great place).

Next time!

This morning is attempt #1. Water conditions are perfect. Tminus 30 minutes. 5 miles here I come. 
5 mile RR

its so nice to type an uneventful RR. I mean, the only adversity I faced was my garmin gps stopped a few hundred yards short but my timer kept going. Oh well. 

Up at 4am. Got everything going. Morning poo was ready for me so that didn’t take much work. Packed way to much fuel, but had no idea what I needed.  PB&H for bfast was perfect  

My cousin in law decided to come along. She is a strong OWS and swimmer in general. Neither of us had done this distance, but felt like we could make it. 

First hour was kinda hard, just not physically. Lots of questions, concerns on if I could do it, etc. For the first mile fuel only took some gatorade as I felt so good.   If I did it over I would take a little more. After those first 2 miles I felt like a million bucks but was a little hungry. Just about 1 hr in. 

2nd hour was a breeze. Slipped into a zone and just went. I was moving well and enjoying life. Once i saw like 5k yards and 6k yards I felt so good. At the point we ended hour 2 I was good to go.  As much as the time went breezey, this is when the water kicked up.  Swells were prolly 12-18” and jostled me a bit.  At times I couldn’t tell I was making progress but the GPS didn’t lie and I knew I was on the right track. 

Hour 3 went well. I was moving faster than the team which meant I needed to stop more. That was OK as I was happy to not be by myself, wouldn’t trade that for any time.  I decided I was feeling so good that I would try to race my CIL in the kayak. That was a fun 50 yards. Felt good to open it up.  After words I kinda thought that was a bad call as I could have pulled something, but overall I felt great. 

Last hour took a lot longer than maybe it needed to. Extra stops, and some extra boats around made it a little bit longer. Headed into the boat ramp and called it a day.

im kinda impressed with how I feel. I /feel/ like I’m ready to hop on my bike for 3 hours. Not sure I would enjoy a run, but cardiovascularly feel perfect. Avg HR 133. The funny thing is that training peaks is telling me I didn’t exert 1 HR of max effort over 4 hours of time. That’s kinda cool. 

5 miles in the books. I will definitely do it again, maybe up it to 10 mi. Only challenge is getting a support team on a lake like this with all the boats. 

5 mile RR

its so nice to type an uneventful RR. I mean, the only adversity I faced was my garmin gps stopped a few hundred yards short but my timer kept going. Oh well. 

Up at 4am. Got everything going. Morning poo was ready for me so that didn’t take much work. Packed way to much fuel, but had no idea what I needed.  PB&H for bfast was perfect  

My cousin in law decided to come along. She is a strong OWS and swimmer in general. Neither of us had done this distance, but felt like we could make it. 

First hour was kinda hard, just not physically. Lots of questions, concerns on if I could do it, etc. For the first mile fuel only took some gatorade as I felt so good.   If I did it over I would take a little more. After those first 2 miles I felt like a million bucks but was a little hungry. Just about 1 hr in. 

2nd hour was a breeze. Slipped into a zone and just went. I was moving well and enjoying life. Once i saw like 5k yards and 6k yards I felt so good. At the point we ended hour 2 I was good to go.  As much as the time went breezey, this is when the water kicked up.  Swells were prolly 12-18” and jostled me a bit.  At times I couldn’t tell I was making progress but the GPS didn’t lie and I knew I was on the right track. 

Hour 3 went well. I was moving faster than the team which meant I needed to stop more. That was OK as I was happy to not be by myself, wouldn’t trade that for any time.  I decided I was feeling so good that I would try to race my CIL in the kayak. That was a fun 50 yards. Felt good to open it up.  After words I kinda thought that was a bad call as I could have pulled something, but overall I felt great. 

Last hour took a lot longer than maybe it needed to. Extra stops, and some extra boats around made it a little bit longer. Headed into the boat ramp and called it a day.

im kinda impressed with how I feel. I /feel/ like I’m ready to hop on my bike for 3 hours. Not sure I would enjoy a run, but cardiovascularly feel perfect. Avg HR 133. The funny thing is that training peaks is telling me I didn’t exert 1 HR of max effort over 4 hours of time. That’s kinda cool. 

5 miles in the books. I will definitely do it again, maybe up it to 10 mi. Only challenge is getting a support team on a lake like this with all the boats. 
Damn, that's impressive!  I've only done 5k and that was quite the haul.  How long did this take?

• Smile
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread