What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (9 Viewers)

Solid week of 5 hours of bike, 2.5 of run, 2 hours of weights and 1.75 hours of swim. 

I am pretty tired, but my “reward run” as I like to refer to it after my longish bike this morning was fantastic. My wife was bogarting the treadmill and I didn’t want to wait. Threw on my cold weather gear and went on. Run felt amazing and spirits are high. I will log this week as a win 🍻
You're crushing it.

I only got 13.3 miles run, slightly over 6,000 yards in the pool, around 4 hours sitting on my ### pedaling. 90 minutes of weights. 

I've only ever tracked actual output with weights. Never considered time. May start. So, 2 hours 10 mins this week. If I dig myself out tomorrow then closer to 3 hours plus however long it takes to shovel.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I was confused why our Canadian guy would be doing a race in January, but Houston marathon makes sense.  Good luck @Zasada!  Let's hope the race updates are in American units so I'm not trying to wonder if 10:00 min/km is good or bad.

I was confused why our Canadian guy would be doing a race in January, but Houston marathon makes sense.  Good luck @Zasada!  Let's hope the race updates are in American units so I'm not trying to wonder if 10:00 min/km is good or bad.
@Zasada Canucks like a bad muthafoooooooka.......

Last edited by a moderator:
So all that planning earlier this week went into the toilet. The cold front is coming in a day early, so my Saturday 10 miler turned into a Friday 10 miler. Turned out to be a good move.

Was 37 when I started, and had a cold rain at the end. Currently snowing and tomorrow morning is going to be ice cold. 

So my rest day will be tomorrow instead of Sunday. Looking forward to it. And then an easy 5 miler on Sunday morning. Followed by a day of food, drinks, and build up to the Chiefs game.

Pray for my Chiefs. Been waiting a lifetime for this game.
Chief, I'm late to the party here, but I do hope you stick with the program and see how the next several weeks go.  Don't live with regrets of ditching the plan now!  Hopefully the tide turns for your training.

We had the snowstorm overnight and through the early morning.  Spent the early morning shoveling for an hour, then slipped out a bit later for 5 miles with a fair amount of high-stepping.

--

Go, @Zasada!!

Thanks, guys.  Got a good night's sleep.  Rolled the dice with my gut last night and took a double-hit of Naproxen before bed.  Legs feel much better this morning.  Gut in good shape.

Feeling zen about the race.  Only worry is clothing.  Really want to just go with shorts but I think the safer bet is tights.  

See you on the other side!

Did Walmsley need a 1:04:00 or sub 1:04?  His unofficial is showing 1:04:00

:eek:

Twitter telling me that he nailed the OTQ by the second!

Go @Zasada  through 15k on 8:26/mi !!

Halfway through!!

HALF    01:50:55   8:28 overall pace (8:37 over last 5K+)

Slowed a little but holding strong.

Last 10k through a park and maybe a golf course that now allows SpeedTights.

Heading out before the 20mph winds make it cold AF here - bring it home Z!

Temperature was in the low teens this morning.  It was windy and there was still some snow and ice on the streets from yesterday's snowfall.  I decided to do my long run at the gym.  

My gym is a dump but it's only $11 a month and only two miles away, so I don't really mind.  The advantage of being a dump is it's never crowded.  

The maximum time that can be set on the treadmills is 60 minutes.  The first hour was uneventful and I ran it at normal pace.  The plan was to run the second hour fast.  

About 20 minutes into the second hour an old guy got on the treadmill right next to mine.  I looked to my left and right and of the row of 30 or 40 treadmills, we were literally the only two people using them.  

"Sir, would you please use one of these other treadmills and not one right next to me?" I asked while gesturing to all the empty treadmills on my right.

I don't think he understood what I was saying.  Perhaps it was his hearing.  I also don't think English is his primary language.  He said something to me that I couldn't hear over the loud music I was playing.  My sweatshirt was draped on the railing of his treadmill and he picked it up and moved it to the next treadmill.  Maybe he thought I was talking about that.

"Sir, please.  There are all these other treadmills.  Use one of those.  Not next to me.  It's rude!" I stated.  This time surely with an annoyed tone.  Even if he still didn't understand me I thought he wouldn't want to be next to some that is annoyed by him and move.  But he didn't.  He stretched and then started his 3.2 mph treadmill walk.

About 15 minutes later it occurred to me to muster up a fart as punishment to him but, alas, I was dry.

Aren't I in the right?  It's like urinal etiquette.   You don't use one right next to someone else unless it's a necessity.  Smells, noises, flying liquids.  

Interestingly enough, I can tell from my Garmin data exactly when the altercation happened.  My heart rate spiked to 167, the highest of the entire run.  I must admit though, I felt the strongest in the entire run right afterwards.  I think it gave me a shot of adrenaline.  

• Smile
Temperature was in the low teens this morning.  It was windy and there was still some snow and ice on the streets from yesterday's snowfall.  I decided to do my long run at the gym.  

My gym is a dump but it's only $11 a month and only two miles away, so I don't really mind.  The advantage of being a dump is it's never crowded.  

The maximum time that can be set on the treadmills is 60 minutes.  The first hour was uneventful and I ran it at normal pace.  The plan was to run the second hour fast.  

About 20 minutes into the second hour an old guy got on the treadmill right next to mine.  I looked to my left and right and of the row of 30 or 40 treadmills, we were literally the only two people using them.  

"Sir, would you please use one of these other treadmills and not one right next to me?" I asked while gesturing to all the empty treadmills on my right.

I don't think he understood what I was saying.  Perhaps it was his hearing.  I also don't think English is his primary language.  He said something to me that I couldn't hear over the loud music I was playing.  My sweatshirt was draped on the railing of his treadmill and he picked it up and moved it to the next treadmill.  Maybe he thought I was talking about that.

"Sir, please.  There are all these other treadmills.  Use one of those.  Not next to me.  It's rude!" I stated.  This time surely with an annoyed tone.  Even if he still didn't understand me I thought he wouldn't want to be next to some that is annoyed by him and move.  But he didn't.  He stretched and then started his 3.2 mph treadmill walk.

About 15 minutes later it occurred to me to muster up a fart as punishment to him but, alas, I was dry.

Aren't I in the right?  It's like urinal etiquette.   You don't use one right next to someone else unless it's a necessity.  Smells, noises, flying liquids.  

Interestingly enough, I can tell from my Garmin data exactly when the altercation happened.  My heart rate spiked to 167, the highest of the entire run.  I must admit though, I felt the strongest in the entire run right afterwards.  I think it gave me a shot of adrenaline.  
I have no idea what treadmill protocol is, but there is no way I would’ve said what you said. I would’ve been thinking it, but I think you may have overreacted a bit. Just my 2 cents, hope you don’t take offense to it. 

Really aggressive start so far for @Zasada

Keep it up.  

5K  26:06   8:24 pace

10K  52:06  8:22 pace

That's a predicted 3:40 finish.  :scared:
Yup, too aggressive as it turns out.

Classic blunder.  Went out to fast and the last 10K turned into a run/walk.

Happy to have finished <4 but I did it the ugly way.  

More to come later.  Time to fill my belly full of 3,000 calories worth of Tex-Mex.

That would have made me mental. Would have done same thing and probably moved myself if I had enough time left after ##### didn’t move down at least one. 

More to come later.  Time to fill my belly full of 3,000 calories worth of Tex-Mex.
Awesome job! 

And yeah, I think every person who has done a marathon has gone out too fast. 

Way to finish it!

But here is the best part: you ran a sub 4:00 marathon ON YOUR FIRST TRY!!!! 

Just so incredible for you and to be able to see this. You have some running talent. Really happy for you.  :headbang:

That would have made me mental. Would have done same thing and probably moved myself if I had enough time left after ##### didn’t move down at least one. 
Yeah he was certainly right to be annoyed, but I wouldn't have said anything either. I also would've gone the passive-aggressive route and moved myself.

• Smile
Was supposed to do 7 recovery miles at 8:30+ pace today. Went to the Pettit, ran into some friends, and ended up doing 9+ at 7:30-something. And my coach happened to be there running, too. Oops.

Yeah he was certainly right to be annoyed, but I wouldn't have said anything either. I also would've gone the passive-aggressive route and moved myself.
He should have turned off his treadmill, walked over to the guy, and started walking behind him on his treadmill. Then reach over his shoulder and hit the button to pick up the pace. 

They could go stride for stride with @Juxtatarot behind him whispering in his ear:

”you wanted to run next to me didn’t you. how do you like this old man.”

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread