What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (13 Viewers)

Will load up the Indy tracker with the crew and Luke Humphrey as he’s gunning for 2:19 OTQ there as well. Will be sitting at soccer more   :popcorn: :towelwave: than normal

Don't remember if I posted this already or not, but I've got my usual tiered goals again for Saturday:

A goal:  2:56-2:57

B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR)

C goal:  sub-3

Plan right now is to run with the 3:00 pacer for the first 10K (to make sure I don't go out too fast again), and then hopefully settle into 6:40-6:45 pace the rest of the way.  If everything goes as planned, I'll run about a 1-minute negative split -- around 1:28:48 for the first half and 1:27:42 for the second. 

Definitely gonna keep a close eye on that pacer, though.  Last year I remember taking the turn south onto Meridian around mile 24 and being on pace to finish sub-3, and the 3-hour pace group was ahead of me.  If this dude is trying to bank time in the beginning, then there's obviously no point in me running with him.

For anyone who wants to track, you can download the CNO Monumental Marathon app.  I'm bib #1109.
bump for @ChiefD

So, since I forget things rather easy, can you racers post your goal times again? The ones I think I know:

@gruecd: A goal:  2:56-2:57 B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR) C goal:  sub-3

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:13. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@pbm107: sub 1:23:23. Would be a PR

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00.  :headbang:

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.
Updated with everyone's info. 

So, since I forget things rather easy, can you racers post your goal times again? The ones I think I know:

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:13. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.
To be fair, 3:13 is probably a pipe dream for me.  I’ll be giddy with a PR.

Do well, guys!  @pbm107, I've got a good feeling about your HM.  Marathoners, take advantage of the low temp and kick some butt!

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.
Just a local HM training run here, nothing near as epic as what y'all are going after. 

Just looking to go sub 1:40. Last year's race was 1:33. 

This is simply the first of 4 races. the next 3 are far more important to me.  

1 tomorrow - Huntsville half, mostly an assessment

Dec 7- Memphis, St Jude's marathon. No goal for time, try not to break down.

Feb 29 - hound dog half!  

April 4 - oak barrel half.  Gunning for a Masters podium

Trying to decide whether I want to squeeze a January 50k in there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna go out for my Saturday 10 miler tomorrow. Everything feels good except my core muscle. Hanson HM plan starts in 3 weeks. Gotta get that thing better. Or I might sack up and just ignore the pain.

Mentally I am ready. Gonna buy a treadmill soon. Drinking beer now. Might abuse the privates later.

Excited to track our boys tomorrow. Get you some you magnificent bassturds.  :headbang:

Forecast is for a stronger-than-expected headwind (sustained 11-12mph) in the second half. Trying not to let it mess with my head.

Gonna go out for my Saturday 10 miler tomorrow. Everything feels good except my core muscle. Hanson HM plan starts in 3 weeks. Gotta get that thing better. Or I might sack up and just ignore the pain.

Mentally I am ready. Gonna buy a treadmill soon. Drinking beer now. Might abuse the privates later.

Excited to track our boys tomorrow. Get you some you magnificent bassturds.  :headbang:
You’re the best. 

Slept like dog#### last night. Up at 5:30, quick dump and then an easy (neurostim) mile on the hotel treadmill and a few (EroticStim) minutes on Instagram. 

One PB&J down, now sipping on a Pepsi to hopefully get a little caffeine boost (since I don't drink coffee).

Slept like dog#### last night. Up at 5:30, quick dump and then an easy (neurostim) mile on the hotel treadmill and a few (erotistim) minutes on Instagram. 

One PB&J down, now sipping on a Pepsi to hopefully get a little caffeine boost (since I don't drink coffee).
I slept ok other than waking up about once an hour thinking it was time to get up. 

Breakfast bar and bananas eaten. Had some ice tea for the same reason. 

New page so we don't have to search.

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:15. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

Poop complete.  Food has been eaten.

i slept like crap but it’s life.  Time to hop in shower before the race.  (Am I the only idiot who showers before races?)

New page so we don't have to search.

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 
### #### it. My goal is sub 3:15!  😬

Users who are viewing this thread