• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChiefD

• gianmarco

• gruecd

• MAC_32

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read through the last few days of posts here, and I don't even know what to say other than that I'm humbled. Tri had given me some updates on @BassNBrew's color commentary and analysis, but all o

Hey guys, I'll write more later, but I'm happy to announce that our baby girl, Lenka Ruby, was born at 5:16pm. She was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. Mom and baby are both doing great. Such an amazing C

Western States "Crew B" and Pacer #1 Report What an outstanding experience!  I flew into Sacramento on Thursday and drove up into the mountains and headed to my hotel in Reno, which is quite a pi

On 11/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, gruecd said:

Don't remember if I posted this already or not, but I've got my usual tiered goals again for Saturday:

A goal:  2:56-2:57

B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR)

C goal:  sub-3

Plan right now is to run with the 3:00 pacer for the first 10K (to make sure I don't go out too fast again), and then hopefully settle into 6:40-6:45 pace the rest of the way.  If everything goes as planned, I'll run about a 1-minute negative split -- around 1:28:48 for the first half and 1:27:42 for the second. 

Definitely gonna keep a close eye on that pacer, though.  Last year I remember taking the turn south onto Meridian around mile 24 and being on pace to finish sub-3, and the 3-hour pace group was ahead of me.  If this dude is trying to bank time in the beginning, then there's obviously no point in me running with him.

For anyone who wants to track, you can download the CNO Monumental Marathon app.  I'm bib #1109.

bump for @ChiefD

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

So, since I forget things rather easy, can you racers post your goal times again? The ones I think I know:

@gruecd: A goal:  2:56-2:57 B goal:  sub-2:59:25 (PR) C goal:  sub-3

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:13. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@pbm107: sub 1:23:23. Would be a PR

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. :headbang:

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.

Updated with everyone's info. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

So, since I forget things rather easy, can you racers post your goal times again? The ones I think I know:

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:13. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.

To be fair, 3:13 is probably a pipe dream for me.  I’ll be giddy with a PR.

2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Do well, guys!  @pbm107, I've got a good feeling about your HM.  Marathoners, take advantage of the low temp and kick some butt!

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, The Iguana said:

Everything prepped... 2 alarms set. Rechecked everything 6 times... about time for a little rocket league and then bed...

Dont forget about the time change overnight.

• Laughing 3
11 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Edited for pbm.

Edited for grue.

Edited for iguana.

Just a local HM training run here, nothing near as epic as what y'all are going after. 

Just looking to go sub 1:40. Last year's race was 1:33. 

This is simply the first of 4 races. the next 3 are far more important to me.  

1 tomorrow - Huntsville half, mostly an assessment

Dec 7- Memphis, St Jude's marathon. No goal for time, try not to break down.

Feb 29 - hound dog half!  

April 4 - oak barrel half.  Gunning for a Masters podium

Trying to decide whether I want to squeeze a January 50k in there...

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 4

Gonna go out for my Saturday 10 miler tomorrow. Everything feels good except my core muscle. Hanson HM plan starts in 3 weeks. Gotta get that thing better. Or I might sack up and just ignore the pain.

Mentally I am ready. Gonna buy a treadmill soon. Drinking beer now. Might abuse the privates later.

Excited to track our boys tomorrow. Get you some you magnificent bassturds. :headbang:

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Gonna go out for my Saturday 10 miler tomorrow. Everything feels good except my core muscle. Hanson HM plan starts in 3 weeks. Gotta get that thing better. Or I might sack up and just ignore the pain.

Mentally I am ready. Gonna buy a treadmill soon. Drinking beer now. Might abuse the privates later.

Excited to track our boys tomorrow. Get you some you magnificent bassturds. :headbang:

You’re the best. 

• Thanks 1

Slept like dog#### last night. Up at 5:30, quick dump and then an easy (neurostim) mile on the hotel treadmill and a few (EroticStim) minutes on Instagram. 

One PB&J down, now sipping on a Pepsi to hopefully get a little caffeine boost (since I don't drink coffee).

Edited by gruecd
  • Like 3
Just now, gruecd said:

Slept like dog#### last night. Up at 5:30, quick dump and then an easy (neurostim) mile on the hotel treadmill and a few (erotistim) minutes on Instagram. 

One PB&J down, now sipping on a Pepsi to hopefully get a little caffeine boost (since I don't drink coffee).

I slept ok other than waking up about once an hour thinking it was time to get up. 

Breakfast bar and bananas eaten. Had some ice tea for the same reason. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JShare87 said:

Feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for all your races today.

No kidding. I'm sitting here hitting refresh - anxiously awaiting poop reports.

Start racing already.... :headbang:

Edited by ChiefD

New page so we don't have to search.

@SteelCurtain : sub 3:15. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ChiefD said:

@The Iguana: sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

### #### it. My goal is sub 3:15!  😬

3 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

@SteelCurtain sub 3:15. Current PR is 3:15:00. Boston Marathon qualifier goal: 3:20:00 (cushion for 3:25:00)

@The Iguana sub 3:00, which would be a PR. Actually 3:40:00. 

Fixed.

• Love 1