Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ran a 10k - Official Thread


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Harris said:

My draft stock may quickly be dropping. Haven't left the apartment in three days and yesterday the majority of my diet consisted of baguette and gummy bears, with a side of old fashioned.

Heck, add a fish fry, and in Wisconsin we call that “Friday.”

Edited by gruecd
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ChiefD

    4358

  • gianmarco

    4341

  • gruecd

    3446

  • MAC_32

    3104

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read through the last few days of posts here, and I don't even know what to say other than that I'm humbled. Tri had given me some updates on @BassNBrew's color commentary and analysis, but all o

Hey guys, I'll write more later, but I'm happy to announce that our baby girl, Lenka Ruby, was born at 5:16pm. She was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. Mom and baby are both doing great. Such an amazing C

Western States "Crew B" and Pacer #1 Report What an outstanding experience!  I flew into Sacramento on Thursday and drove up into the mountains and headed to my hotel in Reno, which is quite a pi

7 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

No chance anyone in Wisconsin knows how to say baguette.

Well I know we were apparently saying “macaron” wrong...

(Still think it’s macaroon...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gruecd said:

Well I know we were apparently saying “macaron” wrong...

(Still think it’s macaroon...)

Wait...wtf --- ma·kr·aan????????

It's always been macaroon to me too.  Just when I thought things couldn't get worse :kicksrock:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a running thread but my Transcontinental Bike Race (originally set for July/August) already cancelled/postponed to same time in 2021. Had just finished building up a new set of wheels for the race too, but totally support the decision based on everything we're seeing. Organizers of the race are certainly more with it than the organizers of the Olympics it seems. 

  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What would really be fun is to do this quasi ultimate fighter style.  Alternate between Gru and Jux picking the head to head race matches.   

I realize this is more work than they would want to put into it and opens a whole different cans of worms of rules, but wow what great schtick it would make.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

What would really be fun is to do this quasi ultimate fighter style.  Alternate between Gru and Jux picking the head to head race matches.   

I realize this is more work than they would want to put into it and opens a whole different cans of worms of rules, but wow what great schtick it would make.

Oh man, that would be intense.  Make each H2H racer start at the same time and wear a GoPro. Livestream the two at the same time.  Get some two way audio going so your team can cheer you on and provide updates on how far ahead/behind you are.  Taking this thing to the next level.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SayWhat? said:

Oh man, that would be intense.  Make each H2H racer start at the same time and wear a GoPro. Livestream the two at the same time.  Get some two way audio going so your team can cheer you on and provide updates on how far ahead/behind you are.  Taking this thing to the next level.

Chief In Bass's ear - That BMF SFDuck is already done and at home getting a footy massage from Triman.  You may want to speed up and finish before dark so the west coasters can start their races.

  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Oh man, that would be intense.  Make each H2H racer start at the same time and wear a GoPro. Livestream the two at the same time.  Get some two way audio going so your team can cheer you on and provide updates on how far ahead/behind you are.  Taking this thing to the next level.

Do you realize how many guys here stop to poop?

No thank you.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Oh man, that would be intense.  Make each H2H racer start at the same time and wear a GoPro. Livestream the two at the same time.  Get some two way audio going so your team can cheer you on and provide updates on how far ahead/behind you are.  Taking this thing to the next level.

Again...K.I.S.S.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

What would really be fun is to do this quasi ultimate fighter style.  Alternate between Gru and Jux picking the head to head race matches.   

I realize this is more work than they would want to put into it and opens a whole different cans of worms of rules, but wow what great schtick it would make.

:lol: 

Not quite the same but people can probably list their planned race times (i.e. Saturday, May 16, 7am cdst) so we can follow along at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Harris said:

My draft stock may quickly be dropping. Haven't left the apartment in three days and yesterday the majority of my diet consisted of baguette and gummy bears, with a side of old fashioned.

Well rested, and carb loaded :excited:

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, El Floppo said:

My mom went to meet her older sister at blackie's pasture in Tiburon to do a little walk. She said the parking lot, paths and bike lane were overflowing, so thankfully they bailed.

The East River Park near me was similarly way too crowded with people walking, biking and jogging.

And the idiots packing the parks and beaches open spaces this weekend ruined it for everybody now, with Marin closing all city, state, and federal parks and all open space preserves.  

Paved paths still open.....for now.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

Oh man, that would be intense.  Make each H2H racer start at the same time and wear a GoPro. Livestream the two at the same time.  Get some two way audio going so your team can cheer you on and provide updates on how far ahead/behind you are.  Taking this thing to the next level.

At this point, ESPN is desperate for live sports, so they may pay for rights to this epic competition.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just about finished my run this morning and was coming down the street towards my house.  Out of nowhere, this 2 foot object drops right in front of my face.  I jumped back and it missed my face by about 1 1/2 feet.  Scared the crap out of me. 

It was snow from a street light. :kicksrock:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SFBayDuck said:

And the idiots packing the parks and beaches open spaces this weekend ruined it for everybody now, with Marin closing all city, state, and federal parks and all open space preserves.  

Paved paths still open.....for now.

I got out this weekend for both runs pre-dawn.  Finish was post-dawn.  So I was able to practice social distancing and still get out.  But if others arrive at noon, see a full lot, and still choose to participate, that's going to get things shut down in Alberta as well.

Not that it matters much, as I don't think I'll have any flight options to get north for the next few weeks/months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zasada said:

I got out this weekend for both runs pre-dawn.  Finish was post-dawn.  So I was able to practice social distancing and still get out.  But if others arrive at noon, see a full lot, and still choose to participate, that's going to get things shut down in Alberta as well.

Not that it matters much, as I don't think I'll have any flight options to get north for the next few weeks/months.

I've only been driving to the trails here in my town, haven't been down to any on or around Mt. Tam since the shelter in place began.  The trail I went to today still had a sign saying it was open and reminding users to practice social distancing, but I can see that changing based on the announcement yesterday.  Kind of sucks because the trails here in town are pretty sparsely populated at the busiest of times, so it's a lot easier to keep to yourself than it is trying to run through the neighborhoods where there has been a huge increase in people out and about walking around.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, despite a steroid pack and some rest, knee still achy after my run yesterday of only 3 miles.  It's not as bad as in the beginning but certainly still there.

My marathon training plan is scheduled to start tomorrow with my first workout.  At this point, I'm just going to jump in and do it.  The pain certainly isn't anywhere near bad enough where I can't finish a run.  I'm going to give it a week of running through it along with some NSAIDs.  If it starts getting worse, then I'm going to legit shut it down for at least a week and deal with the consequences of the lost fitness.  Frustrating as I shouldn't have tried to keep getting out there every 3-4 days this last week and a half. 

I am looking forward to actually starting some training, though.  Tomorrow is 6 x 1 minute at 7:00.  Shouldn't be terrible and a good way to jump in!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zasada said:

I got out this weekend for both runs pre-dawn.  Finish was post-dawn.  So I was able to practice social distancing and still get out. 

While running yesterday, i felt like Moses parting the Red Sea.  People on the sidewalks would see me coming and split wide to the sides.  I get it, kind of, but still weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

While running yesterday, i felt like Moses parting the Red Sea.  People on the sidewalks would see me coming and split wide to the sides.  I get it, kind of, but still weird.

I totally understand the distance rule for sitting in a bus or conference room.  But to apply the same rigor outdoors for people moving past each other? It's just stupid even though  I understand the need to have simple rules. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Put in request for the Strava FFA.  Initials MS for whoever is the gatekeeper there.

:scared:

Just a caveat, if anyone is going to look over my stuff like the dead sea scrolls, my garmin HR often gives really wonky results.  So, no my heart rate has never actually been 220 to my knowledge.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr_Zaius said:

Put in request for the Strava FFA.  Initials MS for whoever is the gatekeeper there.

:scared:

Just a caveat, if anyone is going to look over my stuff like the dead sea scrolls, my garmin HR often gives really wonky results.  So, no my heart rate has never actually been 220 to my knowledge.

 

 

You are all set. 

 

Also, gave the approval for Harris.  Apologies on the delay!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Juxtatarot and I just did a little best-of-three rock/scissors/paper for the first pick in our draft, and in a development that should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, he won.
 

Slow draft on here will start mid-week sometime...

  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dr_Zaius said:

Just a caveat, if anyone is going to look over my stuff like the dead sea scrolls, my garmin HR often gives really wonky results.  So, no my heart rate has never actually been 220 to my knowledge.

 

You'll fit in just fine around here, talkin' like that ...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

 

@pbm107 - you think you might have had it?  Can you describe your runs when you tried to run?

March 7 was when I felt the worst, but I never attempted to run when I felt symptoms. Zero runs from me 3/6-3/13. There was no way I would have considered running on March 7, I was struggling to breath and just tried to get through the day.

Since then I have tried to keep it easy and the one 6 miler I ran might have been too much too soon. One other 6 miler turned into a 4 as I was starting to work too hard. Some of that might have been due to running in warmer temps.

I feel fine now when I’m not running and confident that I will be my old self soon, the concern at the moment is that my oldest daughter is now sick.

  • Love 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pbm107 said:

March 7 was when I felt the worst, but I never attempted to run when I felt symptoms. Zero runs from me 3/6-3/13. There was no way I would have considered running on March 7, I was struggling to breath and just tried to get through the day.

Since then I have tried to keep it easy and the one 6 miler I ran might have been too much too soon. One other 6 miler turned into a 4 as I was starting to work too hard. Some of that might have been due to running in warmer temps.

I feel fine now when I’m not running and confident that I will be my old self soon, the concern at the moment is that my oldest daughter is now sick.

Hoping the best for your family.  Fortunately (as you surely know) kids seem to be great at fighting the virus.

What other symptoms did you have other than the breathing?  Fever and a cough?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep feeling tightness in my chest.  My HR was way higher on my run today than it should have been for the effort.

Then I realize that I'm just in and out of a state of anxiety all day long.  That includes waking up at 3:00 AM (alarm set for 6:15) and not being able to go back to sleep because my mind started racing.  

So I don't think I have anything other than a need to turn the news off more often and spend less time in the COVID thread here.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Hoping the best for your family.  Fortunately (as you surely know) kids seem to be great at fighting the virus.

What other symptoms did you have other than the breathing?  Fever and a cough?

Thanks, I didn’t have a fever, but had the dry cough. My daughter has a slight fever and the dry cough. I am fortunate in that I have been able to work from home during this time period.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFBayDuck said:

I keep feeling tightness in my chest.  My HR was way higher on my run today than it should have been for the effort.

Then I realize that I'm just in and out of a state of anxiety all day long.  That includes waking up at 3:00 AM (alarm set for 6:15) and not being able to go back to sleep because my mind started racing.  

So I don't think I have anything other than a need to turn the news off more often and spend less time in the COVID thread here.

Same here. I’ve had a sore throat and some minor head and chest congestion/tightness. I’ve been taking my temp compulsively.

This COVID #### is giving me anxiety and turning me into a hypochondriac.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A stomach bug has made its way through all 5 in our house the last few days and while the runs has been identified as symptom #1 of this thing none of us have experienced anything beyond that. Keeping my head on a swivel for a few more days, but I think our case at least is much ado about nothing. There have been some butt cheek clenching moments while trotting the last 3 days though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh, I hope you youngun's get through all this OK.

@Juxtatarot, the original list has held up, as everyone posted their estimated splits.  @ChiefD did volunteer to join in to round out the 24th spot.  This all presumes @El Floppo is able to get some runs in, @pbm107's lungs don't collapse, and @JShare87's knee stays in one piece.  I can repost the list, if you'd like.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tri-man 47 said:

Gosh, I hope you youngun's get through all this OK.

@Juxtatarot, the original list has held up, as everyone posted their estimated splits.  @ChiefD did volunteer to join in to round out the 24th spot.  This all presumes @El Floppo is able to get some runs in, @pbm107's lungs don't collapse, and @JShare87's knee stays in one piece.  I can repost the list, if you'd like.  

Fwiw... Whether I train or not, I'm still in (unless #### goes even ####tier)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

just knocked a minute off my mile.  

 

only been running again for 4 days.  2 of which, i couldn't really walk very well.  due to the running.

 

9 minute mile here i come!!  :banned: 

 

might have to wait 2 days to run again, if my calves lock up,  like last time.  

  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

just knocked a minute off my mile.  

 

only been running again for 4 days.  2 of which, i couldn't really walk very well.  due to the running.

 

9 minute mile here i come!!  :banned: 

 

might have to wait 2 days to run again, if my calves lock up,  like last time.  

Less vodka, more water. They say alcohol dehydrates you. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

might have to wait 2 days to run again, if my calves lock up,  like last time.  

Try this ...eccentric heel drops.  I've had recent issues with my calves and an achilles tendon, and doing these drops a few times during the day have helped a ton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

Less vodka, more water. They say alcohol dehydrates you. 

they?  :tinfoilhat:

 

:lmao:  i drink an ungodly amount of water, daily.  i actually work out a lot.  just don't run, because my knees HATE it.  but with the gauntlet thrown,  by some dude i've never met, @bostonfred i have taken my usual, gym rat self, into this place, called the outside.  i'm seeing if i can run again.  need to get that heart rate up somehow!  and!  get in amusing ifights with other people, i've never met.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gruecd said:

Same here. I’ve had a sore throat and some minor head and chest congestion/tightness. I’ve been taking my temp compulsively.

This COVID #### is giving me anxiety and turning me into a hypochondriac.

Same.

COVID during allergy season means either God or the devil has a sense of humor. "Let's play everyone's favorite game - COVID or allergies‽"

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

Try this ...eccentric heel drops.  I've had recent issues with my calves and an achilles tendon, and doing these drops a few times during the day have helped a ton.

i do these on the regular.  my calves are always super tight.  always have been.  i work on my feet and am always stretching out my calves.  running and running uphill are not what they are used to.  we'll see how today's run treats them.  stretched before and after.  and didn't run up the severe steeps this time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...