What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (7 Viewers)

Rule clarification:  I plan on running each individual event multiple times during the appropriate time frame.  Im assuming the fastest time will be chosen.

Correct?

OK, with pick 2.02, I'm going with @Steel Curtain.  He's a training machine and it's nice to have a BQer on the table still and a guy that runs with a cadence of, like, 250.

For 3.01, I'm going to have go by faith because I don't think he's even on Strava.  @Dr_Zaius, don't let us down! 
Awesome!  I'll do my best to reward your leap of faith, coach!  Also, for the record I did join the FFA Strava group yesterday to prove that I, in fact, do exist.  Maybe my cadence will balance out Steel Curtain's - I'm not sure I even break 200 when I'm sprinting.

Awesome!  I'll do my best to reward your leap of faith, coach!  Also, for the record I did join the FFA Strava group yesterday to prove that I, in fact, do exist.  Maybe my cadence will balance out Steel Curtain's - I'm not sure I even break 200 when I'm sprinting.
What are your initials on Strava?

One more thing... As a long time Tool fan like, I believe, our team's first choice, may I humbly suggest Team 7empest?

I never cease to amaze myself on how stupid I can be.  For the last week I've been lightheaded and sluggish.  My heart rate has been high on runs.  My weight has been way down.  I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.  I went to the bathroom and barely peed.  It suddenly occurred to me that I was dehydrated.  I pounded about four glasses of water before my run and my heart rate was better.  I've continued drinking water through the day and now I'm bouncing off the walls with energy at work.  I think dehydration was the cause of my funk.  For a few moments, I had even wondered if I had the corona virus.

So at what point does MAF get dumb?

My last couple of runs I’m trying to get to a 140 but if I go that low I am literally walking. 

My last couple of runs I’m trying to get to a 140 but if I go that low I am literally walking. 
Look at when I first started.  It was ridiculous.  I was in the 12's.  If it wasn't for the fact that it was like 90+ degrees so it made it tolerable, it would have been miserable until you just get used to it. 

After a month, it got much better.  Stick with it, seriously.  I used to think like you that "my HR is just higher than others".  Except it wasn't.  I just had an awful aerobic base.  I've taken off 2+ minutes of my paces at the same HRs. 

I had to walk any time there was any sort of uphill (and even other times at first). 

Last edited by a moderator:

Depends who you ask. 

Some will say walking is great. 

Others will say run easy, ignore heart rate for a while. 

I side on the "you've been running for a while now, try MAF for a couple months regardless whether you're running, jogging or walking"

Boy, this gives me a lot more optimism than I had previously.  I would ❤️ a move to the fall, and would even take an entry in 2021 (though if that meant no lottery, that would suck for 6,000+ other people so I think that’s a very low likelihood).
No doubt they would roll everyone over to next year if they don't run it.  They did that in 2008 (fire), Hardrock did the same thing last year (snow/avalanche damage).

That being said, assuming it doesn't happen in June I hope it's run in the fall, that'd be cool.  

As for qualifiers for the rest of us, that will be interesting.  My guess is that either we'll all have to use our one-time exemption if we can't run a qualifier in '20, or they'll just give everyone an extra exemption to use if they choose.

Alright, alright, alright.  At 3.02, I'm gonna make like an NFL team drafting Tua Tagovailoa.

"It's going down, I'm yelling @JShare87, you better move, you better dance.  Let's make a race, you'll all remember.  He'll be the one, you won't forget."

And at 4.01, gimme the FIB that ho-hum knocked out 3 miles at 6:44 average pace in the middle of his tempo run a couple of weeks ago.  @Brony, welcome to the squad.

One more thing... As a long time Tool fan like, I believe, our team's first choice, may I humbly suggest Team 7empest?
It appears as though our captain has ignored your request. So I suggest we combine forces and make him feel like he doesn't have an option.

On that note, my favorite 50 minute easy run play list of the last 6 months: Fear>Pneuma>Invincible>7empest.

It appears as though our captain has ignored your request. So I suggest we combine forces and make him feel like he doesn't have an option.

On that note, my favorite 50 minute easy run play list of the last 6 months: Fear>Pneuma>Invincible>7empest.
I put together a playlist based on the usual concert setlist to get ready for the show last year, and I've still been using for my long runs.  Invincible comes on late in the run, but I almost always end up doing a fartlek right where it speeds up (I think around the 11min mark) after the long percussion heavy session.  I hear that guitar come in, and it's time to put the hammer down!

Alright, alright, alright.  At 3.02, I'm gonna make like an NFL team drafting Tua Tagovailoa.

"It's going down, I'm yelling @JShare87, you better move, you better dance.  Let's make a race, you'll all remember.  He'll be the one, you won't forget."

And at 4.01, gimme the FIB that ho-hum knocked out 3 miles at 6:44 average pace in the middle of his tempo run a couple of weeks ago.  @Brony, welcome to the squad.
As long as I don't have to wear any Packers ####, I'm in! 

Ive been doing wanna be MAF lately.  Not 140hr, but relaxing pace.  This is part of my 80/20 routine.  For me runs are so much more enjoyable and I recover so much faster.  Ive been trying to do 1 day of speed work on Friday's, we will see if I can sneak over to HS track while state of MS is "shelter in place"

Bold picks, cotton.  The talent's there, but be ready with the cortisone and morphine.

eta: And I figured you were talking yourself into mrs. gian at 8.01.   :D

Users who are viewing this thread