What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (5 Viewers)

Why not have fun with the mile? Who cares about elevation. If you can find a good downhill, go for it.

We deal with enough elevation during some races and if I'm going for a full effort for a mile and trying to PR, let's allow the chance to take advantage of it. 
I may have to drive a couple hours north to find this thing you call a hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not have fun with the mile? Who cares about elevation. If you can find a good downhill, go for it.

We deal with enough elevation during some races and if I'm going for a full effort for a mile and trying to PR, let's allow the chance to take advantage of it. 
@MAC_32 is already figuring out where to transition from running to segway. 

And there he goes. Saywhat finished something stupid like top 20 in a major ultra and slides to the 9th. 😂 
I’m appreciate the kind words, and I’m going to do my best to justify your optimism BnB.  🤜🤛

I must admit, the very day I posted my estimated 1M/5K/10K times on here I strapped on my (treadmill only because I NEVER run roads) road shoes and told my eight year old to get her ### on her bike (ok, I didn’t say that).  The less than 5K result was a confirmed case of bile and burning lungs.  It was not pretty.  And not at all encouraging. 

But you know what I know how to do relatively well?  Suffer.  Endure pain.  So now I’m going to crush my soul to make @Juxtatarot forever regret passing on me with nine(!!) picks.  As such, I’m revising my estimated times:

5K: 22:30 (down from 23:15)

10K death: 47:30 (down from 48:30)

1M: 6:10 (down from 6:30)

#teamgrue

I’m appreciate the kind words, and I’m going to do my best to justify your optimism BnB.  🤜🤛

I must admit, the very day I posted my estimated 1M/5K/10K times on here I strapped on my (treadmill only because I NEVER run roads) road shoes and told my eight year old to get her ### on her bike (ok, I didn’t say that).  The less than 5K result was a confirmed case of bile and burning lungs.  It was not pretty.  And not at all encouraging. 

But you know what I know how to do relatively well?  Suffer.  Endure pain.  So now I’m going to crush my soul to make @Juxtatarot forever regret passing on me with nine(!!) picks.  As such, I’m revising my estimated times:

5K: 22:30 (down from 23:15)

10K death: 47:30 (down from 48:30)

1M: 6:10 (down from 6:30)

#teamgrue
This #### fires me up.

#### yes!!!

If the coaches want to allow tracks, downhill, etc., that's their call.

The way I figure it, we're already all winning.  The world is rightfully in distress over the virus, yet we're looking ahead with excitement and focus while sharing some laughs among friends.  That's a good thing.    

If the coaches want to allow tracks, downhill, etc., that's their call.

The way I figure it, we're already all winning.  The world is rightfully in distress over the virus, yet we're looking ahead with excitement and focus while sharing some laughs among friends.  That's a good thing.    
I say yeah, do whatever. Just cover the distance.

As for switching the mile, why can't we just choose our distance for each time period?  It'll actually make it interesting as it'll be interesting to see what we need to shoot for each subsequent date. 

Run whichever of the 3 distances you're ready for during those days (or all 3) and pick one to stand by the deadline.

Users who are viewing this thread