What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (5 Viewers)

This has come down to an incredible ending ...one of our newer runners in the thread ( @Alex P Keaton) gamely steps into our race series, happens to end up in the anchor position for #TeamJuxt, and with all the pressure on him, goes out and runs a 50 second PR.  That leaves it to mrs. gianmarco, former track stud-ess, to give a shot at one-upping him and pulling out the win for #TeamGrue.  We couldn't script this any better.  And so, whatever she runs should fittingly be the end to this first leg of the race series.

This has come down to an incredible ending ...one of our newer runners in the thread ( @Alex P Keaton) gamely steps into our race series, happens to end up in the anchor position for #TeamJuxt, and with all the pressure on him, goes out and runs a 50 second PR.  That leaves it to mrs. gianmarco, former track stud-ess, to give a shot at one-upping him and pulling out the win for #TeamGrue.  We couldn't script this any better.  And so, whatever she runs should fittingly be the end to this first leg of the race series.
I agree.

So I should quit thinking about going out and torturing myself for 20 minutes or so this evening? If there is a number and there is a chance... 

🤔

I think the rule change for the 2021 FBG race series should be that if you want to run a 2nd attempt at the same distance, you need to (a) officially declare it in this thread and (b) no matter the result, it supplants your first attempt.  Then there’s pressure in trying to squeeze a few extra seconds off in that you could have a negative affect on your team if you run a worse time.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So I should quit thinking about going out and torturing myself for 20 minutes or so this evening? If there is a number and there is a chance... 

🤔
I think you should stop thinking about it, yes.  The 5K time that's about to be posted is the appropriate conclusion, and it's one that we'll be talking about for a long time.  This story needs no sequel.

I think the rule change for the 2021 FBG race series should be that if you want to run a 2nd attempt at the same distance, you need to (a) officially declare it in this thread and (b) no matter the result, it supplants your first attempt.  Then there’s pressure in trying to squeeze a few extra seconds off in that you could have a negative affect on your team if you run a worse time.  
I agree with this. 

First, someone is going to get hurt. And this is awesome as is. I think we should adopt this for now.

If you have to withdraw  your first time, then it's unlikely that I would run again. Odds that I could improve today are very small, IMO. It would be a hail mary for me to try. I will be ready to do better next month. I don't want "what if" feelings again. 

so, what's the official count on 5k PRs? Considering this was all done while running alone instead of with the energy of a crowd and having the motivation of folks around you is crazy. 

Here's the projected vs. actual detail:

Team member ....projected ....actual

Team Juxt: Cap'n Juxt..17:22
MAC...............16:59 .....16:59
Dr. Z................20:20 .....19:45
SteelCurtain...21:20 .....20:00
tri-man............21:45 .....21:04
xulf..................21:50 .....20:09
Zasada............21:55.....20:22
JAA..................22:10.....20:54
Iquana.............22:49 ....21:40
El Floppo.........23:00 ....23:00
AlexPKeaton...26:00 ....23:58
SFBayDuck......29:59 .....DNS

Team Grue: Cap'n Grue..18:10
pbm.................18:00 .....18:04
Harris...............19:45 .....20:08
Brony................20:25 .....20:20
Oz.....................21:40 .....20:07
bushdocta........21:30 .....20:19
gianmarco........22:00 .....22:14
mrs. gian..........22:30 .....22:25
Say What?........22:30 .....20:54
JShare..............24:00 .....DNS
ChiefD...............25:30 ....22:34
BassnBrew.......30:00 .....DNS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 22:25. She did awesome and it's a PR but she's way bummed. She ran 15 miles on Wednesday and legs weren't recovered. Her HR was only 153 she races in the 180s.

Congrats, TeamJuxt.

Also amazes me that a couple of you old folgies ran 5k times faster than I ran as an 18 year old... and a couple more just missed it. 

Users who are viewing this thread