What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (7 Viewers)

This is probably a better fit for the stock thread, but this one needed a bump, sooo...

I bought 100 shares of Peloton back in April at $36.28.  Currently pushing $120.  I'm inclined to just hold, as I don't foresee people rushing back to take spin classes at actual studios anytime soon.  What say ye?

This is probably a better fit for the stock thread, but this one needed a bump, sooo...

I bought 100 shares of Peloton back in April at $36.28.  Currently pushing $120.  I'm inclined to just hold, as I don't foresee people rushing back to take spin classes at actual studios anytime soon.  What say ye?
I don't do stocks, but you just made 400% profit. How much higher could it go? 

Just remember, when your dream scenario of Biden winning with AOC taking over and controlling the entire government happens in the next few months with the economy completely tanking and we will be in the greatest depression the world has ever seen, you're going to look back at this moment and said "I should have listened and sold my Peloton shares"

Just my $.08 (400% profit from my usual $.02)

Just remember, when your dream scenario of Biden winning with AOC taking over and controlling the entire government happens in the next few months with the economy completely tanking and we will be in the greatest depression the world has ever seen, you're going to look back at this moment and said "I should have listened and sold my Peloton shares"

Just my $.08 (400% profit from my usual $.02)
I'm moving to Poland if that happens.

If only you knew a skilled financial advisor...

You could sell 30 shares, which pulls out your original investment, and hold the rest.  But from a quick look with some Bollinger Bands, I don't see any immediate risk. It's only been public for a little over a year, which means it might still be gaining visibility.  And if you sell, what would you do with the funds?  Unless you have a new or better plan, it makes sense to stay with a company that has shown recent strength.  

If only you knew a skilled financial advisor...

You could sell 30 shares, which pulls out your original investment, and hold the rest.  But from a quick look with some Bollinger Bands, I don't see any immediate risk. It's only been public for a little over a year, which means it might still be gaining visibility.  And if you sell, what would you do with the funds?  Unless you have a new or better plan, it makes sense to stay with a company that has shown recent strength.  
This guy knows stuff 

Yeah. I say recoup your investment and hang on to the rest. 

Market will definitely go down for a bit if jahbiden wins. 

I am broke, fwiw...but still sitting on some Yahoo and krispy Kreme shares. profit. (Eta...to quote me ol granpappy- you can't go broke making money. Eta 2...he obviously never met an architect trying to support a family of four in lower manhattan)

really hoping there aren't any bears hidimg in brooklyn this morning. Not in the mood for a mad dash home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got it done.

Prairie Mountain x5.  

As I wrote before, this was a (paltry) replacement for my planned R2R2R.  But it was still the same elevation gain as R2R2R, albeit in half the distance.

Took me 8.75 hours.  33km (20.5mi) & 3,454m (11,330' -- over 2 miles!) of elevation gain.  50,000+ steps.  4,200 calories burned (me eat *all* the turkey this weekend -- it's Canadian Thanksgiving).

Kept more of a consistent pace than I expected (minutes up/down):

• Lap 1:  55/40
  • 2:  62/35
  • 3:  60/35
  • 4:  60/39
  • 5:  66/37
Tried to run as much of the downhills as possible, but that's always tough at a 20% average grade on a rocky/rooty slope.  More of a running cadence than a running pace.

13 oreos consumed, 1L of Dr. Price's Electrolyte Mix, 500ml of sugar-free Tang, 500ml of Coke Zero, and one can of the full-sugar (flat) Coke.

I wouldn't call it easy but it also wasn't as hard as I expected.  The weather really helped, it was cool/cloudy most of the day, with a good wind above the treeline (to burn off sweat).

Went out for an "easy" 10K this morning, that by the end, wasn't feeling so easy at all (despite the slow pace).

This wasn't on my list of 2020 goals, but it was nice to get a PR for daily elevation and longest single activity ever (by duration).  Makes me feel better about trying a 50-miler or 100K in 2021.

Yeah. I say recoup your investment and hang on to the rest. 

Market will definitely go down for a bit if jahbiden wins. 

I am broke, fwiw...but still sitting on some Yahoo and krispy Kreme shares. profit. (Eta...to quote me ol granpappy- you can't go broke making money. Eta 2...he obviously never met an architect trying to support a family of four in lower manhattan)

really hoping there aren't any bears hidimg in brooklyn this morning. Not in the mood for a mad dash home.
You try using the watch yet?

I've only had a few minutes at home to even crack the instructions. Tbh...not intuitive at all yet without diving in to those. But I'm hoping to carve out some time today and will use it tomarow...if at least for start and stop. I'm hoping my need of reading glasses for phones doesn't get in the way of proper use...if so, I'll pass it on.

####### brooklyn.

Had planned a new route through city streets, around prospect park, down to Redhook and back along the waterfront I've been running the last few weekends. Somewhere in the 16m range.

But hiding at the back side of prospect park pretending to be one of the million dogs allowed to run in the open spaces there, it made it's approach. I knew it wasn't going to catch me right away, but I also knew I'd be done for if it caught me in the industrial shipping area of the Redhook waterfront. Decided to loop it back home, knowing the bear wasnt going to get me in the open on the main streets with open cafes and restaurants available. Turned out to be a small family of them- a sleuth- waiting at home.

Ended up at 12.5 @  8:09

So, for @JShare87:

Knocked out 10 this morning. Only goal was to make sure my heart rate was in the 140's the whole run. Did a pretty good job of that, but had some elevation in this run I don't normally have. This run was so cake it felt so easy. Perfect. 

Then:

Farmers Market. Winding down, but the weather has been great here - no frosts yet and not even close. So the growing season is extended, which is nice.

Ace Hardware. Had to get some supplies and such and so forth.

Quik Trip. Back home to the #1. Like a warm blanket walking in there.

McD's: breakfast burrito time.

Back home to work on the bathroom today before my wife kills me. Gonna hang durarock today for the shower and then sheetrock at some point once I work up the energy to go get it.

Have a good weekend gents. :headbang:

I've only had a few minutes at home to even crack the instructions. Tbh...not intuitive at all yet without diving in to those. But I'm hoping to carve out some time today and will use it tomarow...if at least for start and stop. I'm hoping my need of reading glasses for phones doesn't get in the way of proper use...if so, I'll pass it on.
Used it today on my recovery run (6.5m, bburgh bridge to Manhattan bridge loop).  Thanks again!

My real concern was whether I'd be able to see the numbers without my glasses- mission accomplished on that end. Also ran with my phone as a backup and to compare. 

Took a while to sync with satellites- a problem I had with my original giant forerunner 15+ years ago (that one couldn't stay linked in the city- buildings got in the way). Once it did, it was interesting seeing that my phone and it could only get as close as +/- 15 secs/mile, but were often a minute or more different with live pacing.

I assume that's a gps link issue? I know my phone sometimes gets buggy when I'm more under cover, or changing my pace. But I saw the same things at times from the watch too. 

It was a 1/2 mile difference due to satellite link/start, but pace was almost 20s different. 

Used it today on my recovery run (6.5m, bburgh bridge to Manhattan bridge loop).  Thanks again!

My real concern was whether I'd be able to see the numbers without my glasses- mission accomplished on that end. Also ran with my phone as a backup and to compare. 

Took a while to sync with satellites- a problem I had with my original giant forerunner 15+ years ago (that one couldn't stay linked in the city- buildings got in the way). Once it did, it was interesting seeing that my phone and it could only get as close as +/- 15 secs/mile, but were often a minute or more different with live pacing.

I assume that's a gps link issue? I know my phone sometimes gets buggy when I'm more under cover, or changing my pace. But I saw the same things at times from the watch too. 

It was a 1/2 mile difference due to satellite link/start, but pace was almost 20s different. 
I’d trust the Garmin GPS over the phone. Navigation is what they do. :shrug:

I’d trust the Garmin GPS over the phone. Navigation is what they do. :shrug:

Tall buildings still cause problems with GPS.
This.

I had the original forerunner...couldn't use it here because of that (or even in duckland on mt Tam if I was running under trees). But I figure things have improved since then... and the watch is clearly working. But phones are meant to get coverage in cities, so not really sure. (Eta...cel coverage may not be the same as gps coverage, even though my phone knows exactly where I'm walking at all times)

Any other urban folk here with experience... @tri-man 47, @Harris ?

And then isnt diminishing my excitement and appreciation about the watch...loving the idea of not lugging my phone around in my hand.

El Floppo said:
This.

I had the original forerunner...couldn't use it here because of that (or even in duckland on mt Tam if I was running under trees). But I figure things have improved since then... and the watch is clearly working. But phones are meant to get coverage in cities, so not really sure. (Eta...cel coverage may not be the same as gps coverage, even though my phone knows exactly where I'm walking at all times)

Any other urban folk here with experience... @tri-man 47, @Harris ?
:shrug:   I'm in the first suburb due west of Chicago ...but I'm 9 miles from downtown.  No troubles with my awesome Fenix.

El Floppo said:
And then isnt diminishing my excitement and appreciation about the watch...loving the idea of not lugging my phone around in my hand.
Download Garmin Express to your computer. Plug in your watch and check for available software updates. There are probably quite a few.

Your runs are so griddy- I assumed you were more urban.
Totally "urban," for sure, but mainly residential houses. I can (and do) get to some forest preserves near me (the functional ones, typically surrounding the rivers that cut through the metro area, are anywhere from 5-15 miles away), but my walk-out-the-door runs are all through, flat griddy streets.  A benefit is that I have a ton of flexibility, which helps on windy and/or icy days.  But it is very flat, and I've been running these grids for a lot of years.

Totally "urban," for sure, but mainly residential houses. I can (and do) get to some forest preserves near me (the functional ones, typically surrounding the rivers that cut through the metro area, are anywhere from 5-15 miles away), but my walk-out-the-door runs are all through, flat griddy streets.  A benefit is that I have a ton of flexibility, which helps on windy and/or icy days.  But it is very flat, and I've been running these grids for a lot of years.
Interesting. When I saw your runs on strava, I imagined them like my hood, except where running on the griddy city streets here would suck...dense, 6 story minimum buildings, no detached houses and tons of traffic. I can't get to the river fast enough (1/2 mile that feels like 5x that).

Eta... And lol...forest preserve. Here's my forest preserve 

Users who are viewing this thread