Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ran a 10k - Official Thread

3 hours ago, gruecd said:

Doooooo it.  And I'd be more than happy to bring you up to speed.  :hifive:

ETA:  It's honestly worth the money.  It's a really solid piece of equipment, and the programming is great, too. 

I agree, I’ve had mine for 3 years now, wife and I both use it pretty regularly.  The additional content now is ridiculous, I paid $40/month for just the bike and considered it a good value.

• Replies 53.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gianmarco

• ChiefD

• gruecd

• MAC_32

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just read through the last few days of posts here, and I don't even know what to say other than that I'm humbled. Tri had given me some updates on @BassNBrew's color commentary and analysis, but all o

Western States "Crew B" and Pacer #1 Report What an outstanding experience!  I flew into Sacramento on Thursday and drove up into the mountains and headed to my hotel in Reno, which is quite a pi

Hey guys, I'll write more later, but I'm happy to announce that our baby girl, Lenka Ruby, was born at 5:16pm. She was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 inches. Mom and baby are both doing great. Such an amazing C

On 11/11/2020 at 6:15 PM, gruecd said:

None, unfortunately. :sadbanana:

But I’ll be wearing my Apple Watch with LTE, and a couple of the guys in here have my phone number, so if somebody wants to give me a call to see how I’m doing, as long as I’m not too deep in the pain cave (and assuming I have reception), I’ll try to answer. 

I’m def calling you, and calling you a p#### during the run.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 7
34 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

I’m def calling you, and calling you a p#### during the run.

So we tested out the LiveTrack and it works so I'll be able to provide updates. That said, I still think this needs to happen.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
10 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

So we tested out the LiveTrack and it works so I'll be able to provide updates. That said, I still think this needs to happen.

Training montage running in my mind.  MarcosGruRaceTeam getting better every day. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Also, I apparently may have to put my watch on Do Not Disturb.

This has become just part of the process of going out for a run. One time I forgot. I will never...ever do that again. 

• Laughing 1
10 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

You just don't need to message me every time you get another scotch. 

Speaking of which, aren't we due for another Zoom meet up or something? 

Funny thing is, I really never drink.  Other than a couple beers with the Grues, I haven't had anything since that last Zoom meeting.  I'm getting thirsty.......

• Like 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, SteelCurtain said:

Peloton Guys -- Any special add ons I should get for the bike?  I read an enhanced seat.  Anything else?  @gruecd @lumpy19

Nah.  Any bike shoes will work, you just need to buy some Look Delta cleats.  Any local bike store should carry them.  The regular seat is fine.  Just make sure you wear bike shorts.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, SteelCurtain said:

My wife is buying it.  I assume the original.  Recommendation?

Ugh.  I hate bike shorts.  Need to buy some I guess.

I think the Bike+ is overkill.  Original should be fine.

• Thanks 1

Yeah everything grue said, I only wear bike shorts when I’m on the bike for 60min +

2 things I have added that I would highly recommend, under armour over ear headphones, made to handle gallons of Sweat and decent sound

its a little overboard but I love it, I bought a powered 12” speaker with stand and when I really want to get after it I like having the loud music

Edited by lumpy19
3 hours ago, lumpy19 said:

Yeah everything grue said, I only wear bike shorts when I’m on the bike for 60min +

2 things I have added that I would highly recommend, under armour over ear headphones, made to handle gallons of Sweat and decent sound

its a little overboard but I love it, I bought a powered 12” speaker with stand and when I really want to get after it I like having the loud music

And fans. I ride with two fans, one blasting me from each direction.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

46deg....she'll or t with arm warmers? Big decision

Shell. Not she'll

With sun - sleeveless, shorts, compression socks, gloves and hat. Without sun - long sleeves instead of sleeveless.

I chose sleep over a morning run. Lot of work outside today. Hopefully I'm done in time to squeeze in 45 minutes before sunset.

8 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

This was a hilly trail course, right? 

Yes, although I don't think it's a technical course.

Mile 6 -- 8:06 (HR 148)

Mile 7 -- 8:00 (HR 146)

Mile 8 -- 8:07 (HR 147)

ETA -- I don't know how accurate the LiveTrack elevation is, but it says 217' so far, which isn't that hilly. 

Edited by gianmarco