What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

General Malaise

Footballguy
The immediate post after this one won't make any sense whatsoever. Whatever the hell it was I thought I was posting here initially was dumb. But what's not dumb is what's followed. It's a collective work, with contributions from some of this board's best and brightest. In here, you'll find wedding updates from me, adventures in the life of St. Louis Bob, a romantic epic from Homer Simpson, a recap of Bonzai's trip to Germany to watch their squad play in the World Cup, Cosjobs' masterpiece and snaptastic, witty replies by the best online miscreants I know...Bob Sacamano, Bob in Saint Louis, Tanner Boyle, Truck, Shuke, Stryker, Tecumseh, Nigel Tufnel, Tiger Fan, Pickles, Krista, YSR, Fatguy, Boston Fred, Frosty, Stu, Thorn, Gadzooks, Cosjobs, TRE, Frosty, wadegarrett, Bogart, Ricky in Arabia, Facock, Bobby Layne, Guster, Homer, Bently, Rude, Mr. Pack, Pigskin P(HI!), Rover, Drifter, Kev, Charv, Jeep, Hack and if I missed anyone, please let me know.

A tribute to what was, what should be and what can be: The FFA

default_thumbup1.gif

Highlights:

--------------

GM's (original) thread about nothing:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/529690-gms-thread-about-nothing/

Last edited by a moderator:
WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.

GM's thread about nothing:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/529690-gms-thread-about-nothing/

Last edited by a moderator:
B-but....how am I supposed get closure on all that empanadachat and Cheap Trick Talk™ now!?! I mean, jeezuz, man!

I'm just not sure life is worth living anymore.

/wrists

Well a lot of work ahead of us. We can make up a lot of time by giving Tim some speed and a gay, Jewish anti-semite to chat with.

Seriously, we may need to consider our options. The obvious choic:e: is probably not the right one, but we should talk. I'm available April 1-7 for offline meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread