What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

9yo floppinho has had a pretty banner week... and since I'm not on facebook too much, I'll kvell here instead. 

• played two sets over the weekend at an EVillage club with his School of Rock class- him on drums and lead vocals. aside from being completely off key in every way possible for an entire song, he killed everything else- and is the one kid in the group who genuinely loves to be up there performing. other kids are pretty fantastic musicians, but look to be in mostly in pain having to be up on stage. floppinho has to be dragged off it. I have videos that I posted in the music draft thread if you're interested... otherwise, I'll spare you here.
  • got his mid-term report card and got perfect grades. only 4th grade, but he's put some hard work in improving his reading comp and especially writing... and it's apparently payed off. very proud of him for this.
  • started acting through school performances and really enjoys it.. mom sent his stuff in to a couple of general auditions a year or so ago and he booked a few things so prompted mom to get a manager and do more. just booked an ad for Sprout (pbs network for cartoons) and is getting a bunch of call-backs for interesting/fun things including a google spot and auditions for some pilots. oh...! his first gig, with his little sister, was a featured extra role in The Comedian, starring deNiro (I mentioned when he shot this)... it's out in theaters finally! the movie sucks, but if you find yourself watching it- they're the crayfish kids.

tldr: I'm proud of my kid even though he sucks at soccer.

Maybe he'll stop playing and play something else. If I was his dad, that would make me proud!

All that other stuff is way better than soccer. Congrats.

WRONG

but thanks... yeah- not sure why my putting all of my failed soccer dreams and hopes onto his shoulders may have ruined him on the sport before he even began. but he's definitely not playing, so thanks for nothing redmond.

he's got some athletic ability, but no athletic viscera... no interest in competing against other kids physically- at all, since he could walk. tbh, even if these other things he's doing well in werent' there, I'd still be proud of him- he's a really generous, compassionate, considerate and empathetic kid. and the world needs those guys too, right? to dig ditches and whatnot?

WRONG

but thanks... yeah- not sure why my putting all of my failed soccer dreams and hopes onto his shoulders may have ruined him on the sport before he even began. but he's definitely not playing, so thanks for nothing redmond.

he's got some athletic ability, but no athletic viscera... no interest in competing against other kids physically- at all, since he could walk. tbh, even if these other things he's doing well in werent' there, I'd still be proud of him- he's a really generous, compassionate, considerate and empathetic kid. and the world needs those guys too, right? to dig ditches and whatnot?
i watched a few seconds of those videos, that's impressive for 9 years old!  

who cares about the soccer.  

I played soccer Spring and Fall for 7 or 8 years. It was probably my 2nd best sport after baseball.

F### soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread